PDA

View Full Version : GOD is protesting against Bush in Argentina...

Golden AWe
11-04-2005, 05:17 AM
Battle ahead at Americas summit

Leaders from 34 nations have begun arriving in Argentina for the fourth two-day Summit of the Americas.

They are meeting in the coastal resort of Mar del Plata amid much uncertainty about what can be achieved on the summit's main aim of job creation.

There are deep divisions over free trade, with the US championing it as the best way to relieve poverty.

President George W Bush is among those attending the talks. He is expected to be targeted by left-wing protesters.

Thousands of people are due to stage a protest rally that will be addressed by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

Argentine former football legend Diego Maradona and Bolivian left-wing presidential candidate Evo Morales will also take part in Friday's demonstration.

A train that will take Maradona and dozens of other well-known people such as Bosnian filmmaker Emir Kusturica and Cuban singer Silvio Rodriguez is to leave Buenos Aires late on Thursday.

The train dubbed "Alba Express" will be joined by road by hundreds of buses carrying members of political and social organisations.

The caravan is expected to arrive in Mar del Plata early on Friday. Anti-globalisation and anti-US activists have been holding a parallel "People's Summit" there.

Foreign ministers from the region have been holding talks ahead of the summit.

Poverty

More than 8,000 police officers are guarding the venue of the Summit of the Americas.

The rivalry between Mr Bush and Mr Chavez is expected to dominate the meeting.

In his keynote speech, Mr Bush will argue that the way to guarantee prosperity is by encouraging free trade and a flourishing private sector and by deepening democracy, the BBC's Jamie Coomarasamy in Mar del Plata reports.

Although, Mr Bush has acknowledged that efforts to form a Free Trade Area of the Americas have stalled, our correspondent says.

The Venezuelan government has said that it will reject any summit declaration which contains references to free trade in the Americas.

Some 96 million people in the region are surviving on less than $1 per day, according to the United Nations.

Hardrock69
11-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice t-shirt!

:cool:

FORD
11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Yes it is, but I'm still confused by the title of the thread :confused:

I have no doubt that God is opposed to what the Chimp is doing, but I don't see any evidence in the photo that He was present at the protest.

Seshmeister
11-04-2005, 02:14 PM
The Argentinians love a good protest.

I was in Buenos Aires for 10 days last month and there was a protest just about every day.

BigBadBrian
11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The Argentinians love a good protest.

I was in Buenos Aires for 10 days last month and there was a protest just about every day.

I've lived in several Spanish-influenced countries.

I think it's typical of the cultural....or the spicy food.

:gulp:

FORD
11-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Ain't nothin wrong with protests. Or spicy food.

BITEYOASS
11-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I have no doubt that God is opposed to what the Chimp is doing, but I don't see any evidence in the photo that He was present at the protest.

I think Goldenawe was reffering to legendary Argentinian soccer player Diego Maradona's opposition to GWB.

Hardrock69
11-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I was hoping to see some kind of Weekly World News picture of some guy with white hair and a beard sitting in a big golden chair in the sky hurling thunderbolts at Chimp!

Where is the picture of God?

FORD
11-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I think Goldenawe was reffering to legendary Argentinian soccer player Diego Maradona's opposition to GWB.

OK, that makes sense. Sorry, don't follow soccer.

Unchainme
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
The Reason why they are protesting bush is as follows. Their Government SUCKS, and is also very corrupt. So natrually to keep there Gov't in power, They immediatley blame everything on Bush, So they people are brainwashed into hating him.

(I know it sounds stupid, But I just really don't give a fuck anymore.)

FORD
11-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
The Reason why they are protesting bush is as follows. Their Government SUCKS, and is also very corrupt. So natrually to keep there Gov't in power, They immediatley blame everything on Bush, So they people are brainwashed into hating him.

(I know it sounds stupid, But I just really don't give a fuck anymore.)

It sounds stupid because it's wrong.

Chavez has been elected twice, and they don't have Diebold machines in Venezuela. The BCE has also attempted to overthrow his government at least twice, and will likely try again.

At one point they even tried to start a rumor about Al Qaeda cells in Venezuela. Not even FAUX News bought that bullshit.

The REAL problem is that Venezuela just happens to sit on the largest pool of oil in the Western Hemisphere and Chavez won't play ball according to BCE rules. Therefore, they trash him in the media and try to make him into another Saddam.

BITEYOASS
11-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Here is Diego with a few rock gods. LOL

Golden AWe
11-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS

Exactly.

OK, that makes sense. Sorry, don't follow soccer.

Diego Maradona used to be one of the greatest footballers/soccer players ever...if not the greatest.

During the World Championships in Mexico '86, the short Diego handballed a goal against England in the quarterfinals...the referee accepted it was a goal, even though it was a clear handball...when asked about it later on, Maradona said it was "the hand of God" hahahah

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38421000/jpg/_38421485_maradona101.jpg

...and Argentina won the match...he also scored another amazing goal in the match, fooling what, 6 english players before shooting it into the net.

After that they went and won the whole tournament...

Nowadays he has his church and a TV show, and has had some surgeries to reduce his weight, after fighting against drugs, overweight and other health problems for years...

A few weeks ago he interviewed Fidel Castro in his show!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4385228.stm

Actually Maradona says Castro is his God...

Timeline: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3640799.stm

Enjoy!!!

ELVIS
11-05-2005, 06:25 AM

I dare you to wear one...

:elvis:

Hardrock69
11-06-2005, 01:47 AM
You guys are kidding....

They have no real reason to protest.....other than Chimpy is visiting.

That gives them the excuse to blow off some steam because they live in such a depressed country.

They can break a few windows, burn some cars, run around and yell and scream, and watch while some of their buddies get their heads cracked open by the local riot police.

Once Chimpy leaves, they will go back to their miserable lives, and nothing will change.