PDA

View Full Version : Ex-FEMA Dir. BROWN Complete Douche Bag.

Nickdfresh
11-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Vanity evident in Katrina e-mail
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brown discussed image, appearance as FEMA lagged in disaster relief
By JEFF BLISS
Bloomberg News
11/4/2005
__
Michael D. Brown got e-mail from press aide advising him "to look more hard-working."

WASHINGTON - Newly released e-mail messages show former Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael D. Brown discussing his appearance, his dog and his public image as the government's relief effort unraveled during Hurricane Katrina.

The e-mail was among 1,000 pages of electronic messages the Department of Homeland Security turned over this week to a special House panel probing the federal response. The messages show that Brown was not fully engaged in managing the emergency response to the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history, according to a report by Rep. Charles Melancon, D-La.

The e-mail includes this exchange with Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs, on the morning of Aug. 29, the day the storm hit the Gulf Coast.

Taylor wrote: "You look fabulous - and I'm not talking the makeup!"

Brown replied: "I got it at Nordstroms. . . . Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, he added: "If you look at my lovely FEMA attire you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

The messages show that "Mr. Brown made few decisions and seemed out of touch," said the report.

But Nicol Andrews, a FEMA spokeswoman, said the selective release of the e-mail distorts the decision-making process during the storm and in the immediate aftermath. Brown did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"FEMA is cooperating fully with Congress in looking at what went right and what went wrong during the federal response to Katrina," she said. It's "hard to believe that supplying the media with a few e-mails taken entirely out of context helps to accomplish that task."

After receiving several e-mail messages about the breach of levees that were supposed to protect New Orleans from flooding Aug. 29, Brown questioned their accuracy, writing, "I'm being told here water over not a breach."

Most congressional critics and Bush administration officials have said the breaching of the levees overwhelmed the federal, state and local responses. Television images of stranded New Orleans hurricane survivors without food, water or medical attention prompted outrage among Americans and Congress and led to Brown's resignation Sept. 12.

On Aug. 31, in response to a message detailing how people are being "kicked out" of New Orleans hotels and that food and water had run out at the Superdome, the city's primary shelter, Brown responded, "Thanks for the update. Anything specific I need to do or tweak?"

On Sept. 4, as criticism mounted of the federal effort, Brown received an e-mail message from Sharon Worthy, whom the Melancon report identified as the former director's press secretary, advising him how he should look on television: "You just need to look more hard-working . . . ROLL UP THE SLEEVES!"

In other e-mail, Brown searched for someone to care for his dog at his home and recommended former colleagues to defend him in a potentially negative story about his past management of the International Arabian Horse Association.

Brown wrote, "Do you know of anyone who dog sits?" in an e-mail message to his assistant Aug. 30. "If you know of any responsible kids, let me know."

Link (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051104/1032227.asp)

FORD
11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Shops at Nordstroms, is a fashion "god" and looks "fabulous"??

http://img.getactivehub.com/dawn/custom_images/logcabin/header02.gif

BigBadBrian
11-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Shops at Nordstroms, is a fashion "god" and looks "fabulous"??

http://img.getactivehub.com/dawn/custom_images/logcabin/header02.gif

Feeding those gay stereotypes, huh FORD?

You people on the Left are the reason gays will never be taken seriously. :D

I can see why someone like you isn't concerned about your appearance, FORD....

Anyway, we know this Brown guy was a dirtbag.....so what?

:gulp: