PDA

View Full Version : BUSH Job Approval Hits New Low

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Bush's Job Approval Hits New Low

Nov. 3, 2005
(CBS/AP)
http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/11/02/image1005310g.jpg

"This country can't afford three years of drift and neither can the world. The president of the United States of America has to be at the top of his game."
Ken Duberstein

(CBS) Tempers cooled a bit in Washington today after the partisan meltdown that brought Senate business to a halt Tuesday.

Even so, neither Congress nor the White House will find much in a new CBS News poll to put them in a better humor. President Bush's job approval has reached the lowest level yet. Only 35 percent approve of the job he's doing.

Congress is rated even lower. Only 34 percent approve of its work.

Vice President Cheney has never been as popular as the president, but his favorable rating is down nine points this year to just 19 percent.
Read more of the results from the latest CBS News poll.

So where does the White House go from here? Mr. Bush is finding no shortage of advice, reports CBS News White House correspondent John Roberts.

The plunge in poll numbers is another dose of bad news for a White House mired in it. The only recent president lower at this point in their second term was Richard Nixon.

What's behind the slide? Two thousand war dead in Iraq, an indictment in the CIA leak, the aborted nomination of Harriet Miers, and the disastrous response to Hurricane Katrina.

"The president I think has bottomed out. I think last week was the bottom," said Ken Duberstein, who worked in the team that Ronald Reagan brought in to help recover from the Iran-Contra scandal. Duberstein wrote a prescription for change in today's New York Times.

"I think that they need to bring in some new blood, new blood that would give the president differing opinions, not someone who has been burned out for four or five years, but somebody who has a fresh perspective," he said.

Tuesday's shutdown of the Senate shows the political danger of presidential drift. Democrats sat back and watched for an opening – then moved right in.

"Over 60 percent of the American people say we want this country moving in a significantly new direction," said Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.). "They're looking for vision and leadership, they're looking for a voice and that's where the Democrats have to step up."

The battle is over momentum heading into an election year. The White House lost it, the Democrats want it, and Republicans in Congress are desperate to hang on to whatever threads are left.

"The progress is there and the momentum is there and we're going to deliver for the American people," said Sen. Bill Frist, R-Tenn. "I see signs of obstruction around here all the time, too much for me, but we're just going to try to stay above it."

CBS News political correspondent Gloria Borger says that with a low approval rating, the president should not expect any help in Congress.

"There are 80 house seats up for grabs and they will not line up behind an unpopular president," Borger said. "They need to get re-elected and George Bush does not."

This week's Alito Supreme Court nomination and the president's bird flu speech were the first steps in a turnaround, Duberstein said, but the White House still needs to lose the "bunker" mentality and let in new ideas.

"This country can't afford three years of drift and neither can the world," Duberstein said. "The president of the United States of America has to be at the top of his game."

So far, there's no indication the president is considering any of the outside advice to shake up the White House. But if he doesn't soon find his footing, suggestions for change will quickly become demands.

Borger reports that there is word that Andy Card, the president's chief of staff, might want to be treasury secretary. If so, Borger says that Mr. Bush would only bring in people he feels comfortable with.

"If he brings in somebody new, it will be somebody he knows, possibly from his days in Texas."

©MMV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/eveningnews/main1005982.shtml)

Must be the "Cuntract With Amerika." ;)

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 01:45 AM
You voted for this motherfuckers!!

Hardrock69
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
You are talking to yourself now eh?

:D

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

But I feel like I'm talking to myself here often...

But in this case, people are beginning to wake up and realize what a fuck bag this guy is....

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 01:58 AM

What do you mean exactly?

FORD
11-06-2005, 04:29 AM
So only 19% approve of the guy who is actually running the country, and less than 35% like the puppet chimp?

Somewhere in Hell, Richard Nixon is laughing his ass off.

ODShowtime
11-06-2005, 12:43 PM
No surpise here. The whole lot of 'em are FUCKING BUMS!

The only surprise to me is that they haven't plunged the planet into nuclear war yet.

http://cloggie.org/pictures/wissewords/mushroom-cloud.jpg

Seriously, I am surprised that this hasn't happened yet. :rolleyes:

Warham
11-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
You voted for this motherfuckers!!

I apologize Nick.

I should have just went straight to work last November. Kerry did win my state though, so I guess I really didn't get him elected, per se.

Nickdfresh
11-06-2005, 03:12 PM
What are the odds BUSH will leave office early?

I say about 1 in 3, maybe 1 in 4?

Any takers?

FORD
11-06-2005, 03:27 PM
What are the odds BUSH will leave office early?

I say about 1 in 3, maybe 1 in 4?

Any takers?

Like I said, Tricky Dick is laughing........ it's definitely coming.

Most likely scenario is a Democratic victory in 2006. If the House flips to the D's, Chimpeachment proceedings will soon follow. If the Senate also flips, this could get really interesting ;)

But don't rule it out even if the Republicans retain control of Congress. Republican support for the Chimp is dropping like a rock, and just as it took Republicans to bust Nixon, they would be wise to embrace Chimpeachment for their own good, rather than have the stain of this Fraudministration on their party.

Warham
11-06-2005, 03:29 PM
It won't matter much if Hillary's elected in '08.

FORD
11-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Warham
It won't matter much if Hillary's elected in '08.

I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

DLR'sCock
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
If Hillary, and that is a BIG if, is elected in 08' the only reason that would happen would be because people want Bill, and their people back in the office...

Warham
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

It's either been a Bush or a Clinton in the White House since 1988. Isn't that rather strange? If Hillary's somehow elected, we could be pushing 25 years of those two families in office. Most unusual.

http://www.voccoquan.com/images/clinton%20bush%20bush.JPG

FORD
11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
It's either been a Bush or a Clinton in the White House since 1988. Isn't that rather strange? If Hillary's somehow elected, we could be pushing 25 years of those two families in office. Most unusual.

http://www.voccoquan.com/images/clinton%20bush%20bush.JPG

It is unusual. And it's because a cancer known as the DLC invaded the Democratic party. That would be the "left" branch of the neocon shitbag traitors. And tolerance for them among Democrats is shrinking faster than tolerance for the Chimp among Republicans.

If Hillary tries to run, she'll have more opposition from the Left than from the Right.

Warham
11-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I hope the Democrats have somebody better than John Kerry to offer as an alternative.

ODShowtime
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
I hope the Democrats have somebody better than John Kerry to offer as an alternative.

me too.

terrifying isn't it?

we can't have hillary in the oval office.

Warham
11-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Think about this group...

Hillary Clinton
John Kerry
Albert Gore
John Edwards

If that doesn't put you in a cold sweat at night, nothing will.

kentuckyklira
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

But I feel like I'm talking to myself here often...

But in this case, people are beginning to wake up and realize what a fuck bag this guy is.... A few years too late, don´t you agree. The damage has been done and memories are short.

BigBadBrian
11-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
A few years too late, don´t you agree. The damage has been done and memories are short.

Shut up, Kraut! You have your own double-digit unemployment and a new conservative ruler to worry about! :D :D :D

LoungeMachine
11-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Think about this group...

Tom DeLay
Bill Frist
Jeb Bush
Dick Cheney
Condi Rice
Don Rumsfeld
Rick Santorum

If that doesn't put you in a cold sweat at night, nothing will.

Couldn't agree more.......:D

Warham
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't think Rumsfeld, Santorum, or Bush are going to run for President. I was trying to stick to Presidential hopefuls.

This would be a more apt list:

McCain
Guiliani
Rice
Allen
Frist

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 02:04 AM
If Hillary gets back in office, look for the "unexplained & accidental death" rate among those people around them to rise drastically....

Warham
11-07-2005, 06:45 AM
If Hillary gets back in office, look for the "unexplained & accidental death" rate among those people around them to rise drastically....

Some of the guys here think that list is just 'coincidental', Hardrock.

Nickdfresh
11-07-2005, 08:21 AM
The only Republicans capable of winning are the moderates like McCAIN and GUILIANI. But the Repubs are no longer about moderation and Guiliani is too inexperienced to run anyways...

Steve Savicki
11-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by FORD Somewhere in Hell, Richard Nixon is laughing his ass off.
Just like everyone can laugh at that statement.:p

scam failin
11-08-2005, 05:59 AM
well ford.............."they" illuminati..........have not played their ace yet.and that would get once again the focus off of bush and his shit buddies, back on the plan? but what plan would be left after seven major cities are nuked and tens of millions of people dead? U.N. STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE TO TAKEOVER, WOULD BE................THE FIRST STEP.AMERICA DIED ALONG TIME AGO.....BEFORE IT EVEN BEGAN.

Nickdfresh
11-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Some of the guys here think that list is just 'coincidental', Hardrock.

Let's see: Flame HARDROCK in conspiracy threads on 9/11...Agree with HARDROCK in threads involving mindless right-wing spin bullshit and half-truths, spread by "The Arkansas Working Project."

How's that foil beeny fit WAR? Do the CLINTONS try to send negative mental waves to you? Do they? Can they read your thoughts? Remember, despite one of the most expensive and intensive investigations in history, all they found was cum on a dress....:D

Warham
11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Let's see: Flame HARDROCK in conspiracy threads on 9/11...Agree with HARDROCK in threads involving mindless right-wing spin bullshit and half-truths, spread by "The Arkansas Working Project."

How's that foil beeny fit WAR? Do the CLINTONS try to send negative mental waves to you? Do they? Can they read your thoughts? Remember, despite one of the most expensive and intensive investigations in history, all they found was cum on a dress....:D

I've never once said I believe Clinton killed all those people, Nick.

All I've said is that basically, you don't want to be a friend of Bill Clinton's, unless you are one of the Bush family members. Nothing more.

Steve Savicki
11-08-2005, 08:34 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/steve_savicki/128302.html

Thanks for the wit, Ford.

Hardrock69
11-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey Nick, I meant originally that when you stated "You voted for this motherfuckers!", nobody had replied to your original thread.

I do not believe Clinton killed anyone either.

But there were certainly people in his administration who could have ordered hits.

However, most of the mysterious deaths appeared to be common CIA-type hit-jobs.

Aircraft crashes are a favorite method. As are gunshot wounds to the head in apparent "suicides".

:cool:

Just go check out the list I posted once about the number of dead people in Clinton's administration.