PDA

View Full Version : Phones to Nigeria!!! WARNING GUYS!!!

roryrobson666
11-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Warning people, just to let you know, I was selling my phone on ebay, expecting it to go for about £30 ($60), and this random guy offered me £280 ($550), so I said ok, ill send it after ive had the payment...via paypal, so he accepted, and later that day, i had an email, that i thought was from paypal, but was fake.....so i sent the phone, only to ring paypal to find out the badnews. I later found out that this happens a lot, and the common address is to nigeria.....so DONT accept the offers. This is a major bummer, has it happened to any of you guys? I wanna know!!!

BITEYOASS
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by roryrobson666
Warning people, just to let you know, I was selling my phone on ebay, expecting it to go for about £30 ($60), and this random guy offered me £280 ($550), so I said ok, ill send it after ive had the payment...via paypal, so he accepted, and later that day, i had an email, that i thought was from paypal, but was fake.....so i sent the phone, only to ring paypal to find out the badnews. I later found out that this happens a lot, and the common address is to nigeria.....so DONT accept the offers. This is a major bummer, has it happened to any of you guys? I wanna know!!!

Someone tried that a few weeks ago on a cheap ass coby DVD player I was selling and I told him that I accept Paypal payments only. Then there was this fake e-mail from paypal that I knew was fake, so I deleted it. Then I said to that asshole: fuck you and hope your family starves. LOL

roryrobson666
11-06-2005, 02:02 PM
nice one man!!! fuck em' all!!! stealing my shit, lucky you knew man, i didnt cos i never used paypal before!!!

Diamondjimi
11-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Awaiting the arrival of Grand Dragon John(I only made a few gay flims)Holmes...

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 02:45 AM
It is a common thing. If you are contacted at all by anyone in Nigeria, ignore it.

It is a scam.

The Scatologist
11-07-2005, 04:30 AM
If you fell for that.........

Well I really don't have anything to say........

other then the fact that you must be a total idiot LMFAO!

col5150
11-07-2005, 07:14 AM
same thing happened to me, i sold a phone on ebay it was a 3g one and at the time they were fairly expensive. I expected to get about £150 but a guy from russia offered me £200 so i said yes. he paypal'd me the money and i posted it. Even payed extra to send it insured post.

About five days later the paypal money was taken back out my account. I phoned paypal and they told me it was paid with a stolen card.

End result: no phone and no money and paypal said i was ineligible for any kind of cash reburse.

Fuckin russian asshole

Nickdfresh
11-07-2005, 07:46 AM
The best one is where NIGERIANS manage to download a virus on your computer which basically hijacks the modem and uses it to dial out. This incurs hundreds of dollars of charges in the process. I've had that one on my computer a couple of times, but NORTON got it before anything happened (and I don't use my modem anyways).

Millermoos
11-07-2005, 09:13 AM
It happened to a friend of mine in California.
There is this scam where a company calls you.
You answer the phone and they start charging you for the pleasure, this happened to a friend of mine over here in England. Personally I never answer to anything I always have voice mail on and I have a P.O.Box for mail.
Millermoos

Cathedral
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Rule #1 - If you are going to do any business with people overseas you always insist on and only accept a MONEY ORDER!

I do business with a guy in Canada, great dude, but if i don't recieve a MONEY ORDER, he no get no parts shipped.

$550 for a phone YOU think is only worth $60?
You deserved the laughter that was clearly expelled at your expense when the phone got to Nigeria.
Sorry, but the guy baited you with your own greed when you should have been thinking, "$550 for this? Fuck this dude, that's crazy bullshit, NEXT!"
Verified Account - Confirmed Address, if people don't have both of these going for them I do not do business with them, i've no protection if i do and neither does the buyer if i'm not.
If that bothers people, or they don't read an auction before bidding, tough shit for them, period.
This Nigerian didn't have either or they couldn't get away with screwing you over...unless they stole the identity and then YOU have someone to pass the fall on to and can be reimbursed for YOUR damages, unless the identity belongs to a Nigerian Resident, lol.

roryrobson666
11-07-2005, 03:34 PM
ill know for next time man!!! oh well, im such a fookin' retard, it pissed me off soooooooooo bad!!!! i just dont want it to happen to anyone else!!! i should have seen the offer, known it was ridicylous, and stopped contacting the bugger, but oh well!!! im just worried they could have taken my identity for anything.... how do they do it? i didnt fill out any information to them apart from my name... does anyone know? thanks guys!!!

ELVIS
11-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Don't you idiots pay attention to the feedback ratings of ebay users ??

Mine is 100% and I have had nothing but good business on ebay...

I personally think you deserved what you got...

Pay attention next time...

And like Cat said, over seas = money order...

:elvis:

ELVIS
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
im just worried they could have taken my identity for anything.... how do they do it?

Now, what are you talking about ??

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 04:11 PM
They use a psychic web translator that detects your fingetips on the keyboard and then they can read your mind and find out everything about you.

Then they will call you and threaten to call the cops about that 13-year-old who gave you a blowjob last year unless you pay them some cash.

:rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
11-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
They use a psychic web translator that detects your fingetips on the keyboard and then they can read your mind and find out everything about you.

Then they will call you and threaten to call the cops about that 13-year-old who gave you a blowjob last year unless you pay them some cash.

:rolleyes:

LMFAO !!!

bueno bob
11-08-2005, 06:44 AM

Happens to me almost every time I sell something...I usually respond to the e-mail with a size 80 font "FUCK YOU"... :)

flappo
11-08-2005, 06:52 AM
i actually trolled one last year and after several emails revaled my father was a police inspector and would be very interested in the info he sent me

OWNED !

flappo
11-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Dear Sir,

I have received your mail. I am very happy to hear from you consideing the fact that I am an orphan and not just this alone we have not met before and from the saying a story begins in a day, so mark the begining of our unending relationship.

I want you to know that the said fund is in a bank account with one of the prime banks here in Ivory Coast. The name of the bank is Credit Bank of Africa. Due to the long delay in the operation of the account, the bank has declared the account dormant. I have also told the bank that one of my late father foreign partner (which is you) will be contacting them concerning the account and that they should give you any information that you request concerning the account. This is the account number and the account name.
Account number: 210/88/21011012
Account name: George Ofodim
With this account number and account name, the bank will give you every detailed information concerning the fund. Below is the full contact information of the bank for you to use in contacting them.
Bank name: Credit Bank of Africa, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Tel: +225 0726 1275
Fax: +225 0726 1277
Email: info@cbaci.com
Contact person: Mr. Smith Bedie.

Please contact the bank and get back to me as soon as you finish with the bank. I will be waiting for your very urgent reply.

Thanks and God bless you.

Your brother.

Festus Ofodim.

flappo
11-08-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm sure you won't mind if I let my uncle charles , who works for MI5, look at this , i'm sure he'd be interested . At the moment I'm unable to help you , but its awfully nice of you to reply. Is it sunny and hot out there ?

Dear

I have received your mail and Glad to hear from you.I'll appreciate if you'll inform your uncle.Please I would advice that he should keep it secret and confidential for security purpose.

You can aswell give him the full contact details of the bank and that he should go ahead and contact the bank first thing tommorrow morning and get back to me after his discussion with the banker.

I will be waiting to read from you soon.

Yours brother,

Festus.

Dear Feaces,

You send me your bank details and ill think about it

Your credit card info would be helpful too

:)

flappo
11-08-2005, 06:57 AM
never heard from teh cunt again

wonder why ? :D

Cathedral
11-08-2005, 08:17 AM
There was some Russian whore that sent me a letter last year claiming that she wanted to come to America to be with me, she even sent some pictures of a blonde, very nice looking Russian girl sitting in a rose garden.

The letter talked of how she would serve me in full capacity as my wife, she even proposed marriage.
All i had to do was send $1,000 to her account, a list of information like what you posted was included, routing number, bank name and the account number. I wanted to turn the tables on this bitch or dude, whoever it was, and withdrawl funds instead of depositing funds but found no way short of actually calling the bank, but i did not want to do anything that would be onsidered a crime or would fuck me over in some International Conspiracy Ring, lol.

I just reported it to the yahoo mail server and never heard another word about it.

In the first place, when you sign up for ebay or PayPal they make it clear that they never engage in the exchange of personal info through email. All i get are advertisements from them and if the address field doesn't start with https <---the s being what you are looking for, then it isn't the Secure PayPal server and probably a clone site ready to get all your info...you don't want to share anything with those people or your in trouble.

PayPal isn't responsible for your deals unless you have taken every precaution they provide and their error is at fault, just like any normal bank. if the error is not their's, then you eat the loss, period.

That's another good reason to have overdraft and identity theft protection on all your accounts, and you should keep a serious eye on all account activity.
But keep in mind that more identity fraud happens offline than does online.
I know two people in the last year who were victims of it and it happened while they were at work, not online.
One dude dropped his wallet and the finder went shopping.
the other was my sister in law and her purse was stolen from a break room where she works...neither of these people even owns a computer, lol, that's irony for ya.

In todays world we have to challenge everything, take anything for granted and surprise may be the order of the day for you.

Trust No-One!

bueno bob
11-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Trust No-One!

No truer words. Years ago, I got fucked out of $600+ dollars for a "loan processing fee" out of an online bank that APPEARED COMPLETELY LEGIT after I investigated them for a week or so.

At the time, I had no idea that it wasn't legal to charge for "processing fees" for any sort of loan you get approved from...in all of the investigating I did, I didn't find that one out for about a month...

Filed a report with the authorities, reported it to the BBB...called the local authorities and gave them their address, they reported that they'd had several similar complaints within the last week (this "bank" had just started advertising in the paper), they investigated and the address was an empty flat, all of the mail being sent to them was being forwarded to a post office box, and the address for THAT was an empty apartment complex...so...

A good rule of thumb: if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

roryrobson666
11-08-2005, 11:36 AM
elvis, this guy in the local post office had his identity stolen from exactly the same trap i fell into.. and if they can download a virus to your computer; who knows what they can do?! dont worry man, its just me worrying!

Thorman
11-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
If you fell for that.........

Well I really don't have anything to say........

other then the fact that you must be a total idiot LMFAO!

There is some truth to that

BAM

roryrobson666
11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
i know....... at least i can admit it!!!

roryrobson666
11-09-2005, 08:23 AM
i know....... at least i can admit it!!! it was a shit phone anyway.... it didnt even properly work!!

DavidLeeNatra
11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=757241#post757241

read that!!!

roryrobson666
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
thats mad!!! oh well..... what a quality guy!!!

The Scatologist
11-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Do you realize how stupid you must be, to have been outsmarted by those guys? :D

roryrobson666
11-11-2005, 02:51 PM
me? yup, seriously dumb, it just looked so good to me, that ridiculous sum of money, and i couldnt resist going for it, anyway what did i have to lose? a shit phone?! (and my dignity on rotharmy!!!)

DavidLeeNatra
11-12-2005, 07:25 AM
me? yup, seriously dumb, it just looked so good to me, that ridiculous sum of money, and i couldnt resist going for it, anyway what did i have to lose? a shit phone?! (and my dignity on rotharmy!!!)

lol...send him the "saw of dead" :D

roryrobson666
11-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
lol...send him the "saw of dead" :D

whats the 'saw of dead'??? im actually quite scared!!!

DavidLeeNatra
11-12-2005, 05:26 PM
whats the 'saw of dead'??? im actually quite scared!!!

fuck...did you miss that thread??? go for it...take your time, you won't regret any minute...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29561

roryrobson666
11-12-2005, 05:52 PM
no i didnt miss it, it was fuckin' amazing! how cool! i was just thinking that it was some aincent rotharmy thing where you shame a member! stupid me!