PDA

View Full Version : The days I met Bruce Dickinson! Great person!

RuzDNailz
11-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Meeting 1:

July 11/1993 - I was with my brother (who is a bigger Maiden fan than I) were at Much Music knowing that day Bruce was to arrive for an interview. We waited patiently outside the buidling hoping to catch a
glimpse of him. Well, we walked along the one side of the buidling and saw him unloading some stuff from a car. We walked up to him
and basically said hi to him. He smiled at us and shook our hands and
spoke with us for a bit. Note that this was AFTER he left Iron Maiden to pursue the solo career. He gave my brother an autograph and that was it! He was very polite and didn't mind us approaching him. From what I hear the whole band is pretty much approachable in that respect. Maiden has ALWAYS been about the fans!

Meeting 2:

July/1999 - This was AFTER Bruce rejoined Maiden alongside with Adrain Smith. We were waiting outside Massey Hall just a group of us hoping to meet some members of the band. Bruce walked out looking all tired and beat. Many of the people who were with me just froze in absolute awe. One guy asked politely 'Hey, Bruce can I please have an atuograph?'. Bruce stopped in his tracks looked over at the fan and smiled 'sure, just form a line here and I'll sign a few'. He signed a bunch of autographs and shook hands all around. Moments later Nicko McBrain came and and signed autographs all round. I shook his hand and got an autograph. Both were very polite and Nicko was cracking some naughty jokes but funny.

Again, all about the fans.

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 02:49 AM
Those motherfuckers know how to treat their fans.

IRON MAIDEN RULES!!!
:killer:

kentuckyklira
11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
I met him twice. In 91 and 96. He was a complete asshole both times.

But then I was never a big Iron Maiden fan and didnīt ask him for an autograph!

PHOENIX
11-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Bruce Rawks!

Maiden still kicks ass.