PDA

View Full Version : The New Depeche Mode single, "PRECIOUS"

WARF
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I missed them when they came to Fort Lauderdale, because of hurricane Wilma.

Well anyways, they have a new album and it's their best work since Violator... maybe even better than Violator!

Click below!

PRECIOUS (http://www.theonenetwork.com/playvideo.asp?speed=300&type=music&videoid=u_depechemode_precious)

WARF
11-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Any fans out there?

WARF
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Did Burger King get their new ad campaign from the, "Enjoy The Silence" video?

Discuss...

twonabomber
11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
the video was on at work the other day but someone changed the channel. sounded good though.

i haven't listened to Violator lately but Music For The Masses gets played a couple times a month.

WARF
11-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
the video was on at work the other day but someone changed the channel. sounded good though.

i haven't listened to Violator lately but Music For The Masses gets played a couple times a month.

Their new album "playing the angel" is awesome.

It's a must have for any depeche mode fan.

They went back to their roots,and sound kinda missin' on the last couple albums.

twonabomber
11-07-2005, 06:42 PM
i was out today and forgot to grab it. maybe Friday...

WARF
11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
I bought mine at best buy for $11.99

They usually have the best prices.

Mezro
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by WARF

Well anyways, they have a new album and it's their best work since Violator... maybe even better than Violator!

Click below!

PRECIOUS (http://www.theonenetwork.com/playvideo.asp?speed=300&type=music&videoid=u_depechemode_precious)

Just heard it this morning.

Mezro...fucking great song...

WARF
11-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Just heard it this morning.

Mezro...fucking great song...

I fucking love it.
I linked the video above.
It's vintage depeche mode on a surreal deathship.
RUN TO THE STORE AND BUY THE ALBUM!
It's that good!

Mezro
11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I fucking love it.
I linked the video above.
It's vintage depeche mode on a surreal deathship.
RUN TO THE STORE AND BUY THE ALBUM!
It's that good!

Mezro...I will scab it up this week and report back...

Rikk
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I will pick it up this weekend. Wasn't excited by the last couple of albums, but this new single is awesome.

What a great fucking band.

Rikk
11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
AllMusic's review...

When Ultra was declared the best Depeche Mode album since Violator, those who said so must have forgotten about Songs of Faith and Devotion. When Exciter was declared the best Depeche Mode album since Violator, those who said so must have also forgotten about Songs of Faith and Devotion, in addition to having found a roundabout way of saying that it was merely better than Ultra. There's no doubt this time: Playing the Angel is both the band's best album since Violator and, more significantly, an album that is near Violator in stature. The biggest clue dropped by the band prior to its release was a quote from Dave Gahan, who said that being in Depeche Mode is better than it has been in 15 years. Some quick math reveals that Gahan was hinting at the Violator era, a time when the band's creativity and popularity peaked synchronously. It also turns out that this is a time as good as any other to be paying attention to the band. Playing the Angel lacks Songs of Faith and Devotion's end-to-end chest-beating, Ultra's grinding murk, and Exciter's desiccated patches. It takes the best qualities from those releases, combines them with a few subtle allusions to Violator — tiptoeing the border that separates retread from reinvention — and makes for a highly concentrated set of songs that all but demand to be heard in one uninterrupted shot. Gahan, still riding the confidence he gained as a songwriter from Paper Monsters, his 2003 solo debut, contributes three songs co-written with band associates Christian Eigner and Andrew Phillpott. Though none of them vie to be the album's centerpiece, it's apparent that the move wasn't a concession of desperation on anyone's part. The friendly competition seems to have kicked chief songwriter Martin Gore into high gear; he's in top form. Musically, a lot of analog gear was used, and it's apparent that the arrangements and extra sounds were less fussed over than they have been in the recent past. You get the sense that everything fell into place, as opposed to being forced or aimlessly manipulated. Despite the favoring of older gear, there's no other year in which any of the songs could've been made. Like the best Depeche Mode, almost everything on the album will make an initial wowing impact while remaining layered enough in subtle details to surprise and thrill with repeated listens. It is not the kind of album a 25-year-old band is supposed to make.

WARF
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
It's better than that review Rikk!

There's not once song on the album that isn't BRILLIANT!

Precious isn't even one of the top 5 songs on the album.

twonabomber
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
fuck, i may have to leave early for work tomorrow and hit Best Buy on the way...damn you guys!

Nickdfresh
11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm still looking for a good soundboard bootleg from these guys...

Their obligatory VH1 story was far more riveting than most, Martin GORE once had a brain seizure from alcohol and GAHAN has practically cause a heroine shortage in the Iron Triangle on his own...

WACF
11-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Good album...Golden Awe recommend it and I gotta say he was right.

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Here is the video for "Precious" otherwise known as "The Towers Are The Playas":

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/gollum.php

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 11:21 AM
:cool:

Keeyth
11-08-2005, 11:40 AM
:D

Golden AWe
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Good album...Golden Awe recommend it and I gotta say he was right.

Yeah, there's a couple of GRATE songs and the rest are growing on me...

WARF
11-08-2005, 04:49 PM
rumpity bump bump

franksters
11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
i'm going to see them in toronto

WARF
11-09-2005, 01:46 PM
This album is gonna be talked about ten years from now.

WARF
11-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Okay... so did any of you mofos pick it uP?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Okay... so did any of you mofos pick it uP?

Ric, I may torrent it.

Mr. Vengeance
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM

Click below!

That's the equivalent of saying that the new William Hung album is better than his first one....:cool:

twonabomber
12-10-2005, 11:48 AM
finally listened to it yesterday while i was out driving and finishing up my shopping...

i like it.

Golden AWe
12-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm pissed of because I missed the tickets to their concert in Finland next spring...

Nickdfresh
04-21-2009, 08:01 PM
This is the DM thread I meant...