PDA

View Full Version : Chimp Declares US Doesn't Torture !!!

LoungeMachine
11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
We do not torture: Bush
Last Updated Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:10:09 EST
CBC News

U.S. President George W. Bush is defending the way his administration interrogates suspected terrorists, denying the U.S. engages in torture.

Bush was being questioned by a reporter on whether he supports the efforts of Vice-President Dick Cheney. Cheney has been lobbying Republican senators to allow for a legal exemption to allow torture for those held by the CIA if preventing an attack is at stake.

The U.S Senate last month approved a ban on torture by a 90-9 vote. The White House may veto the ban.

But Bush did not address the question about his support for a torture exemption directly, saying only the administration would work within the law.

"Our country is at war and our government has the obligation to protect the American people," Bush said at a news conference with Panama's President Martin Torrijos.

"And we are aggressively doing that. We are finding terrorists and bringing them to justice."

"Anything we do to that end in this effort, any activity we conduct, is within the law. We do not torture."

Bush's comments come days after it was disclosed that the CIA is running a network of prisons in eastern Europe and Asia, where it holds suspects.

Hardrock69
11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Christamighty.

He fucking DENIES THE U.S. TORTURES PRISONERS, AND THE GODDAMNED ABU GHRAIB PRISON SCANDAL HAS NOT EVEN DIED OFF YET??????

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
He lives in Chimpworld.

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 12:37 AM
No fucking shit....

FORD
11-08-2005, 01:49 AM
How long before he starts flinging shit at press conferences?

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 02:09 AM
LMFAO!!!

BigBadBrian
11-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I personally don't have a problem with torture.

Under the right circumstances.

Some serious information can be extracted under the duress of PAIN.

Anyone here who thinks torture will ever go away as a means of gathering intelligence on one's adversaries is deluded.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
11-08-2005, 10:22 AM
not the point, bri.....

weesfreewheelin
11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Relax girls. Its called creative persuasion;) what would you expect him to say:rolleyes: And yes, we americans can be as brutal and ruthless, as a good infidel should:killer:

lesfunk
11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
The U.S. Doesn't torture?
What the fuck do I pay taxes for then?!

bueno bob
11-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by lesfunk
The U.S. Doesn't torture?
What the fuck do I pay taxes for then?!

Case studies on cow farts.

Nickdfresh
11-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

Yeah, much like your posts, some "serious" bullshit!

Most US Pilots that were shot down over VIETNAM, and that were tortured as POWs, (like Sen. McCAIN, no surprise) will tell you that torture doesn't really work. You get as much bullshit out of someone as you do truth...

For instance, if you ask a very specific question that you want a predetermined answer for, you're just going to torture someone enough to tell you what you want them to say and what they think, or know, you want to hear.

Plus, you can torture the guys at GITMO all you want, but when they were essentially the privates and sergeants in the operation, they really know nothing of any use to begin with, don't they?

In most of the serious cases of torture applied by the US I've read abbout, I've repeatedly heard that we gathered surprisingly little in the way of usable information, before the suspects either went nuts or died.

P.S.- That being said, I myself am not against some "hard-cell" interrogation techniques being used in very specific circumstances against the very few, known high ranking operatives in al Qaida and the like. But this blanket protection crap for the CIA is bogus! And what has gone on at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib is a sickening outrage that has only contributed to the deaths of Americans, not stopped them.

BigBadBrian
11-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Most US Pilots that were shot down over VIETNAM, and that were tortured as POWs, (like Sen. McCAIN, no surprise) will tell you that torture doesn't really work. You get as much bullshit out of someone as you do truth...

For instance, if you ask a very specific question that you want a predetermined answer for, you're just going to torture someone enough to tell you what you want them to say and what they think, or know, you want to hear.

Plus, you can torture the guys at GITMO all you want, but when they were essentially the privates and sergeants in the operation, they really know nothing of any use to begin with, don't they?

In most of the serious cases of torture applied by the US I've read abbout, I've repeatedly heard that we gathered surprisingly little in the way of usable information, before the suspects either went nuts or died.

P.S.- That being said, I myself am not against some "hard-cell" interrogation techniques being used in very specific circumstances against the very few, known high ranking operatives in al Qaida and the like. But this blanket protection crap for the CIA is bogus! And what has gone on at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib is a sickening outrage that has only contributed to the deaths of Americans, not stopped them.

http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gif http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gifhttp://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gifhttp://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gif

Nickdfresh
11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gif http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gifhttp://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gifhttp://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/images/smilies/aor.gif

As DEMON CUNT used to say, "another banner post from BIGBLANDBRIAN..."

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 12:30 PM
No shit.

I had a friend who spent 2 years in a Vietnamese POW camp.

His fingers were all broken.

I do think that torture should be allowed for serial murderers, and pedophiles.

But that is not a "blanket" permission, and is a different arena than POWs.

Seshmeister
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM

Anyone here who thinks torture will ever go away as a means of gathering intelligence on one's adversaries is deluded.

Idiotic.

This 'serious' information is exactly how you end up with intel that there are WMD's in Iraq.

Not to mention that everytime you torture a 'terrorist' suspect you create another 100 new terrorists.

Evil is inherently weak. The Nazi's lost in the end because of the evil madness of their leaders.

I love how the US christians voted for torturers. I never can understand the strange leaps of logic some US people make.

Torture in the name of Jesus, just like slave owners going on and on about freedom all the time.

Cheers!

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 12:47 PM
:cool:

Guitar Shark
11-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Good post Sesh.

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I love how the US christians voted for torturers.

What was the alternative ??

Oh yeah, I remember, John Kerry...

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 02:27 PM
So where does it say that John Kerry advocates torture?

weesfreewheelin
11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Idiotic.

This 'serious' information is exactly how you end up with intel that there are WMD's in Iraq.

That bogus info actually supposedly came from the equavalent of a iraqi nark. no torture necessary

[i]Not to mention that everytime you torture a 'terrorist' suspect you create another 100 new terrorists.[/B] I guess they should be rewarded and nurtured like generation Y :rolleyes:

Guitar Shark
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Listening to him speak, at times, can be considered a form of torture ;)

weesfreewheelin
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Ever check out his dominatrix old lady:p

thome
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM

I don't dislike you...

but I am just positive you and the press are in
the front row at these torchere sessions and the CIA openly
feeds the press actual torchere session videos and bloody photos
that we are all looking at. The evidence is just so vivid.That's sarcasm.

I can and will not--- Repeat or Believe Un-substantiated here-say
I am fed too by a fourth, fifth and further detached, sources.
Please people write this down.or am i asking to much of the- True Sheep.
Am I out of Line with these thoughts?

ELVIS
11-08-2005, 02:49 PM
No...

FORD
11-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/rofl.gif

Hardrock69
11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by weesfreewheelin
Ever check out his dominatrix old lady:p

Originally posted by Guitar Shark

LMAO!!!
:D

Uh...torchere?

Definitions of Torchere on the Web:

* a lamp with the light directed upwards - usually a tall floor lamp, but can be smaller for table top use. It is also a tall ornamental stand for a candlestick or candelabra.

So what is a "torchere session". Do they like, ram a candlestick or a tall lamp up some poor Iraqi fuck's ass while it is lit?

:D

thome
11-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Jus havin some fun type in torchure then spell check it here with
the Armys splel check it's Torchere.LOL

Warham
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
As DEMON CUNT used to say, "another banner post from BIGBLANDBRIAN..."

DEMON CUNT? You are better off using your own quotes, Nick.