PDA

View Full Version : For how long do you think a supposed terrorist should be held before trial?

Millermoos
11-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Hello,
Tony Blair has been defeated. He wanted to keep people (terrorists) for 90 days in custody with out trial so that the police can gather evidence against them.
Personally I think 90 days is to long especially if they get the information wrong and one is innocent.
What do you think?
How long do they keep people in your country before trial?

Millermoos

jero
11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Tell that to the familys of the murderd English people a few months ago! beter 10 in jail for nothing than 1 with a bomb that was end away!

Millermoos
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Some of the English families affected by the tragedy actually said that 90 days is to long a lot of them are saying 28 days it's enough which I agree.

Nickdfresh
11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm wondering what the problem is....The newly renamed, ex-Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) had no problems being the shit out of IRA suspects for 14-days....

In any case, being held for 90-days without charge or presented evidence is fucking ludicrous...(And I thought I heard up to 180-days somewhere as a caveat if a judge approves the request for the extension onto the original 90-days).

Why not just put innocent people in concentration camps instead if you're looking to fend off attacks?

It's terrible that 50 or so people died in your underground, as it is that over 3,000 died here on 9/11. But destroying civil liberties IS EXACTLY WHAT TERRORISTS WANT!

Again, some people don't do 90-days for serious white collar crimes in either country, but one can be imprisoned without trial for that long over what may be nothing more than hearsay or conjecture....

knuckleboner
11-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos

How long do they keep people in your country before trial?

that depends.

our constitution grants the right to a "speedy" trial. there's no specific time limit on that, but it's clear that the prosecution can not simply stall. they need to charge you with a crime and hold the trial in a reasonable amout of time.

on the other hand, we have been declaring certain terror suspects as "enemy combatants," who do not have the protection of our constitution. including at least 1 American citizen.

i'm sure the citizen, (jose padilla) in question is guilty, a slime, and deserving of everything he gets.

but i am very wary of holding people indefinitely. i am not sure the legal authority to do so exists.

jero
11-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't think they have said that!

Millermoos
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Yes, a lot of them did it's on several newspapers over here in London.
millermoos

bastardog
11-10-2005, 10:35 AM
90 days is fair enough for a person to restore after bein a punching bag for at least a week.

ELVIS
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
How old are you, Miller ??

jero
11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Well Elvis,

I don't think our little Miller has got pubic hair (and het does'nt even shave)

FORD
11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

on the other hand, we have been declaring certain terror suspects as "enemy combatants," who do not have the protection of our constitution. including at least 1 American citizen.

i'm sure the citizen, (jose padilla) in question is guilty, a slime, and deserving of everything he gets.

but i am very wary of holding people indefinitely. i am not sure the legal authority to do so exists.

Exactly.... and that's what sickens me.

If Padilla is guilty of something, prove it in a trial, convict him and sentence him. If not, let him go. That's how the system works. Yeah it sucks that OJ Simpson is out there walking around, or playing golf or whatever. But it's either that or have innocent people held indefinitely for reasons which could be purely political. And which could damage the country more in the long run?

DLR'sCock
11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
NO right,s and hold people for whatever reason for as long as you want, and kill everyone who disagrees with you.

thome
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Normally the Bail is set within a couple days, first chance for court.

If arrested on friday you may have to wait till monday to have Bail
set and get released.

Why don't they just say 5,000,000.00 dollars bail then No Bondsman in his rite mind would post it usually and then there you sit till trial.

The problem here is no-one has been charged with anything
They are holding you on a- Hunch- a -suspition of Wrong Doing-.

For that you should be held no more than the time it takes a lawyer
to walk over and tell the Cops(?) to let you go.

You can't blindly accuse them of some huge crime if they are Innocent
and get off they could Sue our Gov't into hellish amt of $.Defamation etc..

I say anyone suspected of these" outragous "type of crimes. A Law
should be created that sais- 30 Days-(?) thats Humane' then if no
charges filed, Off they go.

First off ,If the person, they say he is. His Cover is Blown. Have him/her
watched but -over 30 days without a charge of some kind is, Wrong.
My OP

I guess ? Its a tough call, on the- Suspision of Terrorism -Thats like holding a super villian ,mass murdurer,And watching him walk.

If It turned out like those pedophiles they let go and then some child
dies and they catch him again and the community goes berzerk.

Baby's On Fire
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Shoot the fucking Sand ****** in the head IMMEDIATELY upon arrest.

Nickdfresh
11-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Shoot the fucking Sand ****** in the head IMMEDIATELY upon arrest.

Well I see CANADA has it's share of retarded white trash....

DrMaddVibe
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
"For how long do you think a supposed terrorist should be held before trial?"

I don't have an answer for ya on this one...tell you what...you come up with the CORRECT answer to this...

http://www.tootsie.com/howmany-sb.html

And maybe together we can figure out how long to keep a shaggy beard bedsheet wearing islamic fundamentalist behind bars...not that that's a bad thing.

three quid
11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
i think that we should chop the fuckers heads of they do it to us and if they don't like it don't fucking blow up england ... pricks!!!!!!!

Baby's On Fire
11-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

I was being sarcastic:rolleyes:

Seshmeister
11-12-2005, 08:44 PM
It was holding people for 90 days without charging them with anything Blair tried to get.

He failed but did get 28 days with a review by a judge every 7 days through. It's not law yet though.

BigBadBrian
11-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Just as we have our share of intolerant people from the Party of Tolerance. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
11-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Just as we have our share of intolerant people from the Party of Tolerance. :rolleyes:

What do you mean? I'm a Republican, just like you.:)

Here's a paradox; how do you know if somebody a a "terrorist" if they haven't been tried, and haven't really even had any real evidence presented against them?

Just a question, the thread title ASSumes that anybody held for three or six months would automatically be a "terrorist" because the police said so...

Cathedral
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
They should be held until they are found guilty and hanged LIVE on FOXNEWS, beamed directly into every home in the Middle East and across the globe.

If they cannot convict or charge them within 90 days, set them free in their country of origin, banned for life.

You know how to make a Muslim want to leave Ohio?
Inform them that it used to be a huge Pig Farm and everywhere they step is where a Pig stepped....If you know anything about they view the pig then you know that is a psychological mind fuck for them, lol.

If we were to film just one dead Terrorist being laid inside a casket along with pig parts as the punishment for those crimes against humanity i guarentee you they would not be able to recruit many suicide bombers.
Vile? Yes it is, But is it any more vile than the way they don't discriminate in their killing of innocent men, women and children?

If we did that with a top leader?
That would take nearly all the steam out of their agenda...No 1,000 virgins will come anywhere near them if they are covered in pig, think about it...Psychological Warfare would serve as a great weapon against Jihadist Extremists.

Millermoos
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Why do you want to know my age?
I am not a dude so I don't need to shave I am smooth like a peach.
My friends in Europe where saying that in their country they have the 90 days but it was not working it actually slowed the Judical system down and the police in some cases could not find anything against the person even if they knew they where guilty.
The police over here said that they where happy with the 28 days but I am sure if things change they will review it. Till now they could only keep people in for few days I think.
millermoos

ELVIS
11-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Millermoos
Why do you want to know my age?

No particular reason...

It's a question, answer it or don't...

ELVIS
11-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I asked your age because I want a better idea of where you're comming from...

I imagine you're closer to 21 than 41...

BTW, if you're 21 and less than 121lbs (54.4kg), post some naked pics...:D

:elvis:

Millermoos
11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes you are right Elvis.
Millermoos