PDA

View Full Version : Bush Approval Rating Falls To Record Low...AGAIN

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Bush Approval Rating
Falls To Record Low

11-13-5

(Bloomberg) -- U.S. President George W. Bush's approval rating fell to a record low of 36 percent from 40 percent at the end of September, a survey released today by Newsweek magazine showed.

Bush's previous record low was 38 percent in the days after Hurricane Katrina struck on Aug. 29. Newsweek said Bush's approval rating equals the low of Bill Clinton's presidency in May 1993, when the Democratic president also hit 36 percent. Bush's father, President George H. W. Bush, recorded a 32 percent approval rating in a Gallup poll taken in July 1992 before Clinton defeated him.

A total of 58 percent of those surveyed by today's Newsweek poll said they disapprove of how Bush is handling his job, following the indictment of I. Lewis Libby, former chief of staff of Vice President Dick Cheney, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice and the withdrawal of the nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court.

Fifty-six percent of Americans told the poll the president ``won't be able to get much done'' during his last three years in office, and 68 percent said they are dissatisfied with the direction the country is going at the moment compared with 61 percent in the last Newsweek poll, the magazine said.

Of the 1,002 adults polled by telephone Nov. 10-11, 60 percent disapprove of the way Bush is managing the economy and 73 percent disapprove of his handling of the price of oil, the magazine said. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

When asked if Bush ``is honest and ethical,'' 50 percent of the respondents disagreed and 42 percent agreed. When asked if the phrase described Cheney, 55 percent disagreed and 29 percent agreed, Newsweek said.

A total of 54 percent of those polled said they believed that someone in the Bush administration acted unethically during a probe into who revealed the name of CIA operative Valerie Plame to reporters in July 2003. The disclosure came after Plame's husband publicly criticized the Iraq war. Libby on Nov. 3 pleaded not guilty to charges against him in the case.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&
sid=aO8qi7hNIyk0&refer=top_world_news

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Personally I feel that while this is interesting, when they poll 250 million Americans, THEN I will think of it as "accurate".

UGS
11-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Pride's a bitch. . .keeping him from resigning and all

ODShowtime
11-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I feel that president gw does not understand what the word "ethical" means.

Hardrock69
11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
He does not understand what a lot of words mean.

blueturk
11-13-2005, 03:37 PM
"I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." — George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

NATEDOG001976
11-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I can't wait for someone new. I have no clue who I'm voting for next election, but thank god George W will not be one of them!