PDA

View Full Version : Just Give Braylon Edwards The Damn Ball

WARF
11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Braylon Edwards has a suggestion for Browns coach Romeo Crennel -- just give him the ball.

"It's time for me to make plays," the rookie wide receiver said. "That's what it's time for."

Edwards has split playing time at wide receiver with Dennis Northcutt. But Edwards, who caught two passes for 64 yards in the Browns' 34-21 loss at Pittsburgh, feels the team should be utilizing his playmaking skills more.

"That's what I do. That's what I was drafted for," said Edwards, the third overall pick last April. "I was drafted to make plays, and it gets to a point where you have to give it to the guy who is here to make plays."

The Browns have brought Edwards along slowly in his first season.

After coming to training camp late following a holdout, Edwards began his pro career at the bottom of Cleveland's depth chart. An 80-yard TD catch in Week 2 at Green Bay hinted at his speed and game-breaking ability, and he followed that with a season-high four catches on Sept. 25 against Indianapolis.

But Edwards then missed two games after surgery to clean out an infection in his right arm. For the season he has 17 catches for 294 yards with just that one TD.

ALinChainz
11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
The NFL needs a rookie pay scale like the NBA.

The guys drafted so high get paid a ton in the NFL, and some are busts.

You need to see what you have in the guy, he and Bryant are their best receivers.

POJO_Risin
11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Absolutely...at this stage of the game...they need to be playing Edwards...and fucking Frye...to see if they need to draft anyone...

Unchainme
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper333/stills/x0839119.jpg

Heres who I wan the Browns to draft :D

POJO_Risin
11-16-2005, 07:12 PM
AJ Hawk is a fucking machine...