PDA

View Full Version : Oh shit...Robo-Cop remake is in the works...

Hardrock69
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
God these fuckers have no fucking creativity....

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3468440

HOLLYWOOD - Seminal sci-fi movie RoboCop is set for a remake using state-of-the-art computer generating imaging (CGI) technology.
The original 1987 movie directed by Paul Verhoeven was a box office hit and spawned two, less successful, sequels.

Producer Michael de Luca and Hollywood studio Sony Pictures are backing the project which will retell the story of a maimed policeman who is transformed into an experimental crime-fighting cyborg, according to website MovieHole.net.

A source says, "There's been discussions at Screen Gems about a RoboCop picture ever since negotiations began to acquire MGM several years ago. As yet no writer has been hired but things are inching forward in that direction."

jhale667
11-15-2005, 04:55 PM
....It begs the question....WHY BOTHER?!?!

stringfelowhawk
11-15-2005, 04:58 PM
And the timeless quote: "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR"!

stringfelowhawk
11-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Maybe Peter Weller needs some cash after spending that truckload he made for "Baron Munchbush across the 31st Deminsion".

Jesus, I just can't believe a movie with that title didn't make bank by the cargo ship load.

jhale667
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
"Baron Munchbush"??! That's awesome! :)

Terry
11-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Why? I mean, fucking why?

Maybe Hollywood should just go ahead now and remake Spiderman 2, remake this summer's Dukes Of Hazzard film adaptation, remake Jarhead...

Should be a rule that a flick needs to be at least 50 years old before it gets remade.

Fucking lack of originality.

jhale667
11-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Terry

EXACTAMUNDO!! :D

Cathedral
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
The first one was a hit?
I thought they all sucked goat balls in Kalamazoo...

WACF
11-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah really...they all sucked.

This one will suck too....

col5150
11-15-2005, 08:13 PM
i work with a guy who has the nickname 'robocop without the helmet' because surprisingly enough he looks like robocop when he doesnt have his helmet on.

DrMaddVibe
11-16-2005, 07:01 AM
I saw this one right after I read that they're making "Miami Vice" the movie!!!!! Supposedly Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx are in it...WHY!!!!!?????!!!!!

bru87tr
11-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Miami Vice was suppose to be a reunion years ago but for some reason never happened. it should never be redone into a new movie, no way!

Robocop will bomb if made cause part of its charm was it being made in the 80's, I went to the theater and seen it then. great 80's cheese film! remake ? maybe good for computer graphics but thats where it will end. all the movies today have suck actors and lets see how much stuff I can blow up. the reason why the old star wars films worked was cause the actors were believeable and there was chemistry. look at todays star wars..... absolutely some of the worst crap ever put on film and Hayden chistainsen was wrongly cast. hhhhmmmm, how many droids can we hack up in todays star wars movies. not entertaining.

Mr Badguy
11-16-2005, 08:31 AM
"Robocop" is one of those films that you couldn`t remake.

Like "Jaws", "Star wars" or "Alien".

I was going to say "Psycho" but some knucklehead did remake that frame for frame.

I`m not comparing it in quality to any of those films, but the it has a certain something that makes it of it`s time.

Maybe it`s the 80`s style vision of "the future".

bueno bob
11-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I saw this one right after I read that they're making "Miami Vice" the movie!!!!! Supposedly Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx are in it...WHY!!!!!?????!!!!!

Because Hollywood is gay. And Will Farrell needs to gay up the box office with 467 bad movies a year.

I had hoped for something positive out of Jamie Foxx though, I thought he was awesome in...what was that thing called with Tom Cruise, "Cellular"? Did a fucking GREAT job with that movie.

As far as a Robocop remake is concerned, it's a bad idea, obviously. I mean, yeah, the movies sucked, but at least the first one had it's cult appeal status, and for that, it's one of those bad movies I can't help but love...

I won't be buying this for a dollar, let alone any other price.

Hardrock69
11-16-2005, 09:31 AM
The original Robocop film was fucking cool.

Sure it was cheesy, but that was part of it's charm.

There is one remake that I am actually looking forward to...the remake of King Kong, for several reasons:

1. Peter Jackson

2. The 1970s version was ok, but it was set in the 70s, and that kinda ruined it for me. Part of the original's charm was that it was set in the time it was made (1930).

3. As it was made in 1930s, the special effects technology sucked. Sorry, I mean Ray Harryhausen was a genius, and did some absolutely incredible shit then and for the following 40 years with the tech that was available, but with today's technology, the film can be made to appear VERY realistic in comparison.

If it were not for Peter Jackson directing, I would not be so interested. He proved his capability with Lord Of The Rings, and the nice thing about him is for the most part he strives to be faithful to the original, just using modern special effects.

The trailer looked grate, because it was set back in the 1920s-1930s time frame.

This will be interesting (for once).

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Why? I mean, fucking why?

Maybe Hollywood should just go ahead now and remake Spiderman 2, remake this summer's Dukes Of Hazzard film adaptation, remake Jarhead...

Should be a rule that a flick needs to be at least 50 years old before it gets remade.

I saw the remake of "the assault" (with fishburne) yesterday which is a remake of carpenter's (I guess) "assault"-movie which was a remake of the classic western "rio bravo" with john wayne and the one and only dean martin...wasn't that bad but I'd prefer "rio bravo" anytime anywhere

bastardog
11-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Same thing with "The longest Yard".....I prefer the original with Burt Reynolds as #1 actor. The new version is funnier but the actors doesn't looks or acts credible.
Who could beleive Adam Sandler as a retired super star quarterback?

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by bastardog
Same thing with "The longest Yard".....I prefer the original with Burt Reynolds as #1 actor. The new version is funnier but the actors doesn't looks or acts credible.
Who could beleive Adam Sandler as a retired super star quarterback?

there is also an english remake of that movie called "mean machine" which is not that bad!

but adam sandler as a retired quarterback is ridiculous, indeed

bueno bob
11-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
there is also an english remake of that movie called "mean machine" which is not that bad!

but adam sandler as a retired quarterback is ridiculous, indeed

I don't know, I liked it. Just brainless entertainment, yeah, but Sandler usually amuses me, and he didn't fail with Longest Yard, so I was happy.

bastardog
11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't know, I liked it. Just brainless entertainment, yeah, but Sandler usually amuses me, and he didn't fail with Longest Yard, so I was happy.
I agree "just brainless entertainment"
The remake is maybe as good, in that matter, as the original. But the actors just don't convince me....in the original they do....but wasn't that funny entertainment

Soul Reaper
11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
The first one was complete shite anyway...

stringfelowhawk
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
If anybody ever remakes a Clint Eastwood western I'll fucking never watch a moving picture again. Great movies are like great women. You NEVER get tired of em! You don't compare some fake ass plastic bitch to a REAL bombshell with REAL curves I.E. Miss Monroe. It's like Chris Rock said when he hosted one of the awards shows this year, "Hollywood ain't got no STARS anymore. You know what I mean? Like, Clint Eastwood is a STAR! Colin Farrell ain't no star. Colin Farrell is just popular!" "Russell Crow is a star. If you make a movie for Russell Crow but all you can get is Colin Farrell. Don't make the f*ckin movie. If you make a movie for Denzel Washington and all you can get is me, don't make the f*cking movie!"

Be straight wit me? Which one of you called up Hollywood and said we needed a fuckin Bewitched movie?

Terry
11-16-2005, 05:47 PM

You know, I didn't see Ray, but the idea that Jamie Fox is now some kind of A-List Hollywood actor...

..kinda along the same lines as Tom Hanks for me. Jamie is always gonna be Wanda from In Living Color, and Hanks will always be a Bosom Buddy on the way to a Bachelor Party.

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Hanks will always be a Bosom Buddy on the way to a Bachelor Party.

for me he will always be that boy in BIG :D

Terry
11-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Sandler's schtick was funny for a year or so in the early 1990s on SNL. Billy Madison. Happy Gilmore and the Waterboy were ok. Have been done with that one-note symphony of comedy for about a decade (never even bothered with his wannabe clone Jimmy Fallon).

Hollywood has had a poor year at the box office, and the industry deserves it. Shit films all around; no plot, too many remakes and tv-to-film adaptations of old sitcoms that nobody asked for, actors and actresses that can't act, over-reliance on CGI effects to mask storyline deficiencies. Just inferior product being released. The industry knows it. Not every flick sucked, but recently the old lady and I were at a vid rental store and were trying to remember the flicks we'd seen over the last 5 years. Quite a few, actually (The Replacements, The Perfect Storm, Rockstar, Castaway, Bandits, U-571, Meet The Parents, Meet The Fockers, Jarhead, Good Night and Good Luck, Spiderman, Jason X, Halloween 8, Jason vs. Freddy, Monster, Pearl Harbor, Planet Of The Apes remake, Fever Pitch, Mr. Deeds, just to name some of the bunch). And the funny part was how many of those films actually RESONATED with us 5 minutes after we left the theater.

Slim pickings.

Mr Badguy
11-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Slim pickings.

"I hired you boys to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!"

At least that`s one film that`ll always be safe from a remake.

Susie Q
11-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Hollywood is running out of ideas, and has to reach to the past to get out of a rut. They need to get big bucks back in the biz, and the only way is to take the past into the future.

bastardog
11-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Clint Eastwood is tha man
He still can act......and prove that can direct as well.
Yesterday I saw "Million Dollar Baby" and damn that movie is good.

Terry
11-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
"I hired you boys to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!"

At least that`s one film that`ll always be safe from a remake.

One can only hope.

NATEDOG001976
11-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh...shit. Get the gun for me so I can just end it now...lol

Mezro
11-19-2005, 04:27 PM

Because Michael Mann is directing and producing.

Mezro...more than reason enough...

Terry
11-21-2005, 09:53 PM
With Mann directing, it might have a shot at not totally sucking, agreed.

But Mann could come up with something better on his own rather than update Miami Vice to the big screen.

Vinnie Velvet
11-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

There is one remake that I am actually looking forward to...the remake of King Kong, for several reasons:

1. Peter Jackson

2. The 1970s version was ok, but it was set in the 70s, and that kinda ruined it for me. Part of the original's charm was that it was set in the time it was made (1930).

3. As it was made in 1930s, the special effects technology sucked. Sorry, I mean Ray Harryhausen was a genius, and did some absolutely incredible shit then and for the following 40 years with the tech that was available, but with today's technology, the film can be made to appear VERY realistic in comparison.

If it were not for Peter Jackson directing, I would not be so interested. He proved his capability with Lord Of The Rings, and the nice thing about him is for the most part he strives to be faithful to the original, just using modern special effects.

The trailer looked grate, because it was set back in the 1920s-1930s time frame.

This will be interesting (for once).

I don't know about King Kong.

Just because Peter "Rings" Jackson is directing it, doesn't mean it will be great.

Besides, Jack Black????

I thought the 1976 version was good. Jessica Lange was a hottie!

Maybe Jackson should try at writing his own movie instead of re-making films based on previous versions or novels.

Vinnie Velvet
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
The original 1933 Kong is a classic and a milestone in filimaking.

Its finally out on DVD today in a special 2 disc collector's edition.