PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Chris Holmes ???

Mr_Pink
11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I think he's a fuckin' rockstar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/kidkrate/BestOf-ChrisHolmes-GotAny.jpg

Diamondjimi
11-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I think he's a fuckin LOSER !

I mean this clown was married to Lita Ford.She can play circles
around him . A total piss tank and compete Bozo on the guitar !
He probably pumps gas in El Segundo !

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Pink
I think he's a fuckin' rockstar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/kidkrate/BestOf-ChrisHolmes-GotAny.jpg

any relation to john holmes?

Mr_Pink
11-18-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
I think he's a fuckin LOSER !

I mean this clown was married to Lita Ford.She can play circles
around him . A total piss tank and compete Bozo on the guitar !
He probably pumps gas in El Segundo !
Soooo......We are in agreement on the "rockstar" thing.

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Well, boning Lita Ford can`t be all bad.

He`s one up on us there.

WACF
11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Good point...

Matt White
11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Friend of EVH before CLASSIC VAN HALEN made it....

has said "WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH" the sisters would still be playing "Backyard parties"......

Diamondjimi
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Soooo......We are in agreement on the "rockstar" thing.
LOL !!!

Diamondjimi
11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Friend of EVH before CLASSIC VAN HALEN made it....

has said "WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH" the sisters would still be playing "Backyard parties"......

What do Chris Holmes and Van Halen have in common ?

Answer: Neither have released a good song in 20 years !

Mr_Pink
11-18-2005, 02:36 PM

You got that right !!!

I used to live next door to him. He tells the best CVH stories you ever heard.
I must admit I do like that first W.A.S.P. album,and he was da' bomb in metal years... yo.

Someone told me he fucked a chicken at some record executive party once.

I like to think it's true.

Mr Badguy
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Someone told me he fucked a chicken at some record executive party once.

I like to think it's true.

Why?

Telling people you humped Lita would be more impressive.

Diamondjimi
11-18-2005, 11:21 PM
You got that right !!!

I used to live next door to him. He tells the best CVH stories you ever heard.

Well this is the DLR ARMY .
How about sharing some stories with us ??????

And yeah,I heard the chicken rumour as well. Probably just a story
created by Blackie Brainless.......

Matt White
11-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I thought Blackie WAS the chicken.....???:confused:

Mr_Pink
11-19-2005, 03:00 AM
Well this is the DLR ARMY .
How about sharing some stories with us ??????

And yeah,I heard the chicken rumour as well. Probably just a story
created by Blackie Brainless.......
You know after I posted that I was driving to work trying to think of what to post if you asked for one.
I am a guitar man, so I wanted to comprehend what It was like growing up on the same block as Eddie Van Halen.
Back then all these bootlegs were scarce. He had a grocery bag full of em'.
To hear him tell it, that dude Terry Killgore was the best player back in the day. I guess he was a little bit older, and gave lessons at a music store.
The thing that blew me away was how he saw EVH as just a bro that he grew up with, but if I had a guitar mag with Tony Iommi in it he would be like "Dude can I borrow this? fuckin' Iommi is the shit" all giddy like.
To which I would respond:"Fuck no, I never get em' back. Now lets go over to your moms house so I can see that guitar eddie used for WACF"
I know this pales in comparison to a good "chicken-fucking" story so I will add that Lita Ford liked a load to be left in her brownhole before she left the house, and she gave Jimmy Page a blowjob when she was in the runaways making her what? 16.
I only throw that in to make up for my sappy EVH fan stuff.

Diamondjimi
02-07-2006, 03:06 AM
I will add that Lita Ford liked a load to be left in her brownhole before she left the house,

Squish !

and she gave Jimmy Page a blowjob when she was in the runaways making her what? 16.
[/B]

No surprise. Back then Page was borderline diddler.................
(See Hammer of the Gods"& " Stairway to Heaven" bios))

sagebrush
02-08-2006, 01:31 AM

As hard as this is for me to say '' diamondjim that was the truest thing said about chris holmes and van halen '' well said .

GAR
12-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Chris played a Hollywood gig recently, he did great.

Lots of energy, ran the stage like a psychopath.. I think he's great. You can see the gig on Youtube, parts of it.

ace diamond
12-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, boning Lita Ford can`t be all bad.

He`s one up on us there.

nikki sixx says she was pretty good in bed.
motley crue-the dirt........read it for yourself.

ace diamond
12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
about 20 years ago my manager and chris holmes used to hang out and party together a whole lot.
my manager tells me that one of the times chris was passed out over at his place lita ford called him up and cussed his ass out over the phone something fierce!!
he was a huge runaways fan, so he thought it was awesome that one of the runaways had called him on the phone just to cuss him out because chris holmes spent so much times avoiding her fucking nagging bitchy ass hanging out and fucking drinking like mad with him and his buddies.
she got pissed the fuck off and jealous. she was high as fuck! wicked strung out.
my manager, to this day, still has no idea how the fuck she got his number.

manager also told me that blackie lawless is one of the most psychotic motherfuckers on the planet.

blackie truly is fucking insane.

Hardrock69
12-29-2009, 02:52 AM
Never really thought he was anything more than some guy who got lucky getting as far as he did, and that in The Decline Of Western Civilization Part II he came off as a fucking drunk loser jackass.
Don't know him personally. Would not WANT to know him personally.
If I never hear about him again, it won't bother me as he never meant shit to me.

ace diamond
12-29-2009, 03:52 AM
well, as for chris holmes, for my ears, if he isn't playing with blackie dickless
in wasp, i ain't interested.

blackie and chris are nothing without each other.

UK ROCKER
12-29-2009, 09:19 AM
File Under - Couldn't Give A Fuck

Mr. Vengeance
12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Well...that first WASP album is one bad motherfucker! Not a bad track on it. After that, it was never the same.

Chris Holmes appearance in Decline to me was very fake. In fact I believe the director, Penelope (However the fuck her last name is spelled) came out after the movie and said he wasn't nearly as wasted as he acted, and it was all a put-on for the camera. She regretted including it on some level because it wasn't 100% accurate, but it was a great scene and had to be left in.

Terry
12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
He was okay, I suppose.

To me, his image was more impressive than anything I actually heard him play.

Haven't seen a pic of the guy or heard him play since the 1end of the 1980s. Kind of useful vanishing that way; he doesn't have the burden of trying to live up to his past.

Kind of along the same lines as HardRock69 on him; if I never heard the name again or heard him play again, whatever - I was a lukewarm WASP fan at best.

kwame k
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Lukewarm on WASP as well....I will say this was a good remake, for the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dan
12-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Nice Hair.:D

kwame k
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Nice Hair.:D

I can't take credit for the hair, it's the conditioner:)

ace diamond
12-30-2009, 01:35 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_5PqRNFEyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_5PqRNFEyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9r8gp0wNAmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9r8gp0wNAmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

GAR
12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
I remember the first Troubadour blood-drive gigs with KNAC, and I recall how they faded once Blackie started playing guitar.

I know for a fact they could have been a hellova lot bigger and more successful, but for certain poor key decisions and of course ousting Chris.. and its' pretty easy to criticize when you have a couple decades past history to glean from and of course sitting on the other side of the fence to someone else's experience.

Look at Twisted Sister: they fucking sucked and had awful songwriting and sound engineering. I don't know why they made it, but now they're a legacy act. Why isn't WASP also a legacy act, I dunno. Noone does.

But the fact is, nobody really knows why what for the first couple years looked poised to be a great, next-big spectacle band like KISS didn't go over the top.

You just don't know what or how it happened that they didn't make it, and for the good or bad, alot of bands that look poised to go to number 1 never do and just implode.

On the bright side they had a record contract plus few good records and some great tours went down where they might have made some money. I believe after seeing Chris this year he has a whole 'nuther half to his life for achievement.

Plus he's pretty intelligent, I wouldn't be so quick to discount him out of the picture forever. He was a major writer on those albums after all and he's definately still got it together for performing, just needs an outlet.

Terry
12-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Lukewarm on WASP as well....I will say this was a good remake, for the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That WAS a pretty good cover.

Townshend reportedly said as much when he heard it.

jhale667
12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
That WAS a pretty good cover.

Townshend reportedly said as much when he heard it.

The reason why it's such a great cover can be summed up in two words: Frankie Banali. :killer:

Golden AWe
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Is he still yellow because of his liver?

Terry
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
The reason why it's such a great cover can be summed up in two words: Frankie Banali. :killer:

Banali did a fine job. Actually much more expressive than much of what I heard him do with Quiet Riot. Still, the very proficiency Banali displayed didn't quite match how Moon did it, which sounded like it was by the seat of his pants...fast and reckless almost to the point where it felt like he was gonna go off the rails at any minute and take the rest of the Who along with him...do dynamic tension...like, I can still listen to the Who version today and get that feeling that Moon is right on the verge of losing control even though I know he won't from countless listens, whereas one knows almost from the very start that WASP's version, while powerful, will remain on time and in control.

kwame k
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll tell ya Terry, from a drummers perspective, playing Keith Moon is difficult. Not so much because his riffs are hard but because the man's timing is out of control. You let up in a Who song for one second and you're out of his pocket. There's so many little things going on and one little miss can cause you to lose the whole song.

While many have said Moon didn't have good timing or meter, I disagree. It was because the man had impeccable timing that he was able to tweak the time signature. He plays off the vocals which is like the first rule you learn never to do....walk over the vocals. His timing is perfect for the songs and may speed up or slow down but it fits the song perfectly.

I still find myself learning or hearing new things in his beats.

kwame k
12-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Great drummer and a hell of a nice guy. The problem was Frankie underplayed so much in QR that people don't really think of him as a great drummer. He is and his knowledge of drums is awe inspiring.

Terry
12-30-2009, 09:21 PM
I'll tell ya Terry, from a drummers perspective, playing Keith Moon is difficult. Not so much because his riffs are hard but because the man's timing is out of control. You let up in a Who song for one second and you're out of his pocket. There's so many little things going on and one little miss can cause you to lose the whole song.

While many have said Moon didn't have good timing or meter, I disagree. It was because the man had impeccable timing that he was able to tweak the time signature. He plays off the vocals which is like the first rule you learn never to do....walk over the vocals. His timing is perfect for the songs and may speed up or slow down but it fits the song perfectly.

I still find myself learning or hearing new things in his beats.

The thing that still amazes me when listening to Moon is perhaps not so much what he was doing from a technical standpoint, but what inspired him to do what he did when he did it; his approach...like, what he did was so different from what another typical (even competent) rock drummer would probably choose to do.

If it was that Moon was inspired by Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich and other jazz drummers, rather than conventional R&B drummers, or what, I dunno. Others described his style as that of a drum kit falling down the stairs, but you can hear him play straight time on tracks like 5:15, or the beginning of the middle synth break in Bargain...but he doesn't play it for long, almost as if doing do bored him.

When I listen to a song like Pinball Wizard, it seems like he's all over the place, but he repeats the same off-the-wall patterns throughout the song. Likewise with so many other songs that you know it wasn't accidental. The closest he ever got to an album where the majority of it was in straight time was Who Are You, and from all accounts a lot of that had to do with a combination of the music sort of requiring it and Moon being physically out-of-shape; when I listen to New Song, it's standard time drum-wise to the point of being almost metronomic and very un-Moon-like. Moon doing straight time sounds more odd than Moon racing and running all over the kit.

kwame k
12-30-2009, 10:05 PM
The funny thing is....Keith Moon was a huge surf music fan and played in a band called The Beachcombers. Gene Krupa was one of Keith's favorite drummers as was Hal Blaine. He did take drum lessons but I can't remember who was his teacher and for how long.

He took R&B, Jazz, and Rock and infused his own manic personality to create a one of a kind style. Name one other drummer, where you say that's a Keith moon rip-off. I have yet to hear anyone playing his style to this day.

I personally believe that Moon's drumming style comes from his ADD. I agree, that whenever Moon plays straight beats you can almost feel his boredom on tape. He has quite a few songs where he's not all over the place and plays it straight but it's the songs where he lets loose that, IMO, are the best Who songs.

Part of it has to do with the fact he plays to the vocals and was the perfect foil for Pete's straight ahead guitar playing and John's off the wall bass patterns. If you listen to the Who without drums it's total chaos and what makes Moon so special is his way of meshing the two together. He had so much freedom to either play it straight with the guitar or weave in and out with the bass. Having those two guys to play off and Roger's vocals, mixed in with his tendency to show off or his insanity...whatever you want to call it makes him a true original.

It's hard to put into words how difficult playing Moon is. I don't play Moon note for note as I tend to think that would be a disservice to the music and the man. It's not that it's technically hard to play his beats or riffs, when broken down. What's hard is playing with his feel and vibe. To really get into his groove.

As dumb as this sounds it's really easy to overplay Moon.

binnie
12-31-2009, 08:48 AM
I imagine that he still thinks he's a rock star, which makes him a dumbass....

sonrisa salvaje
12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
I imagine that he still thinks he's a rock star, which makes him a dumbass....

I always thought he was a dumbass for screwing up his marriage to Lita Ford.

Didn't W.A.S.P. stand for We Are Sucky Players?