PDA

View Full Version : First drink of hard liquor in 10 years...

m_dixon1984
11-18-2005, 12:02 AM
...and first time being drunk.

First real snow fall of the season in Ottawa, Canada...

Driving down the freeway/highway at a fairly reasonable speed for the conditions (wet with new snow fall, no ice, no permanent snow - even between tire tracks, recent pass by salt truck).

Accident up ahead in the fast/passing lane, I change lanes fairly quickly but safely since I'm constantly aware of traffic around me. Slow down as quickly as I feel is safe.

2 cars that were ahead of me in the passing lane nearly simultaneously change into my lane, obviously not so aware of what is going on around them. First car turns directly into me (3/4 of a car length overlap). I changed into the right-most lane (out of 3) when the second car, slightly ahead, makes a more insane lane change moving over 2 lanes and nearly hitting me. if I hadn't been aware and made yet another emergancy maneuver(sp??) he would have hit me. I then see carnage behind me and pull off at the next interchange, make a call to 911 to report the incident and give my name as a witness.

Can't stop shaking for an hour or more while I wait for a police officer to make his way to me at a neighborhood coffee shop (yes, it was a Tim Hortons, fellow Canadians). On way home stop at liquor store where I'm still shaking, can't speak to anyone, and quickly buy a bottle of rye whiskey.

Temporarily out of Ganga while I remodel my house (where I grow my own). Pot has been my crutch since quitting drinking a decade ago.

Am I wrong to have gotten drunk??? (drinking was assisting in my slow suicide 10 years ago, I'm convinced)

Would you have done the same???

Do you care (not that I really give a shit, except I'm writing this for some reason)???

Can you get some weed to me quick because I'm feeling terrible about what I've done and wish I was stoned instead???

Where's the bucket for the 26 ouncer of Canadian Club I've consumed in the past 3 hours???

Thanks for giving this your attention...
M

ashstralia
11-18-2005, 08:24 AM
mate, as a person who likes beer AND pot,
i can understand the need to self medicate after a stressful episode.

i do like canadian club and dry, but mostly i stick to beer,
because imho, it's the best thing since.... aaaah, you know!

m_dixon1984
11-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow, I only vaguely remember writing that last night. I hate myself when I'm drunk. No urge to repeat it this morning, thank goodness (the drinking I mean). Please don't respond to this thread, although I thank ashtralia for taking the time.
I have nothing else to say on the subject. It's over and done with.
BTW, I'd forgotten how tasty CC&Ginger(ale) really is. If you've never tried it I highly recommend it. Just stay off the roads after you've had a few.
M

Matt White
11-18-2005, 12:36 PM
"TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE"

carry on

NATEDOG001976
11-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Beer is all you need!

WARF
11-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Atleast this wasn't the first time you had pussy in ten years.

Speed Of White
03-25-2007, 06:23 AM
You can't find weed in Canada?

VHChic4Dave
03-25-2007, 11:49 AM
M-dixon1984:

Give yourself a brake. I didn't drink for 15 yrs then decided @ a wedding I could "handle" getting drunk. Well, it took about 3 more times of getting totally wasted and almost falling through my back window to finally get the point "I can't DRINK !!" I broke my finger when I fell. It was the worst feeling in the world to know I let my guard down enough to drink again. Anyway, it's been about 8 yrs now and I would NEVER do it again. I LEARNED my lesson. I quite in my early 20's so it was easy to talk myself into drinking again in my late 30's
I hate myself drunk too. I always picked fights with everyone and almost get my ass kicked. I was a mean ass drunk and made everyone meserable around me. So, get some smoke and stay cool.
haha
Good luck......Peace out. You can do IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jharp84
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
You did what you had to do at the given time!!! It is a war out there today, especially on the roads! People in general don't give a fuck! They will fuck you in a new york nanosecond on the road! I drive 100 miles every day for my job! You did what you had to! It's OK!! Move on!!!

Eyes of the Night
03-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, ganga's my vice right now ... haven't had a drink in a year and a half ...

m_dixon1984
03-26-2007, 05:57 PM
This resurfaced?? I'm mortified. You should have all ignored my year-and-a-half old drunken ramblings.

M

However, you'll be happy to know that the weed situation is now well under control (always got lots).

RuzDNailz
03-26-2007, 06:37 PM
It's okay, dude. Everyone's entitled to some kind of endulgance.
Even if it means a drink here and there, as long as nobody gets hurt.
I was trashed on the weekend on Dr. Peppers and Johnnie Walker.
But today, it was back to school hitting the books with a vengeance.