PDA

View Full Version : Intel x86 based iBook

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-18-2005, 01:29 AM
<i>"AppleInsider has an article guessing about <a href="http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1359">Apple's new Intel portable offerings in early 2006</a>.
'With the initiation of the Intel Power Mac project last month, all
five of Apple's Intel Macintosh projects are now said to be underway
and moving at an exhaustive, yet fruitful pace. It should come as no
surprise that Apple chief executive Steve Jobs is reportedly leading
the charge, with his heart set on making 2006 the next 1984.' With Mac
OS X for x86 now catching up to its PPC sibling, is Apple ready to take
the plunge?"</i>

I WOULD LOVE THIS! can you imagine triple booting linux, mac, and win32!!?!?!?!??!??

FORD
11-18-2005, 03:00 AM
MacOSX is based on Darwin BSD which is a UNIX based operating system. So Linux would be a bit of overkill on a system already running MacOS.

Dual boot Mac & Windows would be cool, I guess. Though I haven't used a Mac since 1998 and that one was a piece of shit.

Running in Linux most of the time now, but I keep Windows around for DVD's and shit like that.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
MacOSX is based on Darwin BSD which is a UNIX based operating system. So Linux would be a bit of overkill on a system already running MacOS.

Dual boot Mac & Windows would be cool, I guess. Though I haven't used a Mac since 1998 and that one was a piece of shit.

Running in Linux most of the time now, but I keep Windows around for DVD's and shit like that.

i love ubuntu. i am aware of the unix roots mac os x has.

Rebel
11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
huh?

how many horsepower that damn thing got lmfao :D

FORD
11-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
i love ubuntu. i am aware of the unix roots mac os x has.

I downloaded the latest Ubuntu build DVD this week. Ran it as a "live" disc and it looked impressive, so I might install it this weekend.

Definitely prefer Debian-based Linux. (Ubuntu, Mepis, Xandros, Libranet, etc.) Easy to maintain and update with the packages.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I downloaded the latest Ubuntu build DVD this week. Ran it as a "live" disc and it looked impressive, so I might install it this weekend.

Definitely prefer Debian-based Linux. (Ubuntu, Mepis, Xandros, Libranet, etc.) Easy to maintain and update with the packages.

apt-get yourule