PDA

View Full Version : Pres. BILL CLINTON On IRAQ...

Nickdfresh
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Bill Clinton: Iraq A 'Big Mistake'
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Nov. 16, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former President Clinton speaks to students at the American University of Dubai, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2005. _(AP)
"Saddam is gone. It's a good thing, but I don't agree with what was done."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former President Bill Clinton
(AP)_Former President Bill Clinton told Arab students Wednesday the United States made a "big mistake" when it invaded Iraq, stoking the partisan debate back home over the war.

Mr. Clinton cited the lack of planning for what would happen after Saddam Hussein was overthrown.

"Saddam is gone. It's a good thing, but I don't agree with what was done," Mr. Clinton told students at a forum at the American University of Dubai.

"It was a big mistake. The American government made several errors ... one of which is how easy it would be to get rid of Saddam and how hard it would be to unite the country."

Mr. Clinton's remarks came when he was taking questions about the U.S. invasion, which began in 2003. His response drew cheers and a standing ovation at the end of the hour-long session.

Mr. Clinton said the United States had done some good things in Iraq: the removal of Saddam, the ratification of a new constitution and the holding of parliamentary elections.

"The mistake that they made is that when they kicked out Saddam, they decided to dismantle the whole authority structure of Iraq. ... We never sent enough troops and didn't have enough troops to control or seal the borders," he said.

As the borders were unsealed, "the terrorists came in," he said.

Mr. Clinton said it would have been better if the United States had left Iraq's "fundamental military and social and police structure intact."

Democrats are accusing President Bush of having misled the American public about the urgency of the Iraqi threat before his order to invade, and Mr. Bush on Monday threw back at Democratic critics the worries they once expressed about Saddam.

"They spoke the truth then and they're speaking politics now," Mr. Bush charged.

On Tuesday, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld continued Mr. Bush's attack, citing the words of Clinton and others from his administration as saying Saddam was a security threat to the United States and its allies.

At a Pentagon news conference, Rumsfeld noted the Iraq Liberation Act that Congress passed in 1998 had said it should be U.S. government policy to support Saddam's removal from power. He noted that Clinton signed the act and ordered four days of bombing in December 1998.

Recent opinion polls show Mr. Bush as having the lowest approval rating of his presidency. In AP-Ipsos polling, a majority of Americans say Mr. Bush is not honest and they disapprove of his handling of foreign policy and the war on terrorism.
©MMV The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/16/politics/main1048605.shtml)

BigBadBrian
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Nov-18-Fri-2005/photos/rnc.jpg

FORD
11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Harry Reid said that, based on the assumption that Chimpy would comply with the terms of his own war resolution and NOT go to war except as a LAST RESORT.

Seshmeister
11-18-2005, 11:29 AM
What Clinton says is obviously true so who fucked up?

FORD
11-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
What Clinton says is obviously true so who fucked up?

With the Busheep mentality, Clinton is ALWAYS the one who fucked up.

Because getting your dick sucked in the White House is so much worse than killing 100,000 Iraqi civilians and over 2000 Americans over a lie.

The further irony here is that Clinton is pretty much on the same page as Poppy Bush as to what would happen if Iraq was invaded.

“To occupy Iraq would instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab world against us, and make a broken tyrant into a latter-day Arab hero,"

Hell, even Cheney the heartless bastard agreed with them back then......

“To have brought the (Gulf) war into the populous Iraqi capital of Baghdad where Hussein is based would have involved a different type of military operation than in the desert, and would have put large numbers of Iraqi civilians and hundreds of thousands of our troops at risk of being killed,”

And they accuse Democrats of "flip-flopping"??

WACF
11-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
[b]Bill Clinton: Iraq A 'Big Mistake'

... We never sent enough troops and didn't have enough troops to control or seal the borders," he said.

As the borders were unsealed, "the terrorists came in," he said.

Sounds like Afghanistan...does it not?

That seemed suspect...change of venue was too quick.
Seemed like the "baddies" were supposed to get away.

ELVIS
11-18-2005, 01:56 PM
That's a great thing for a former president to be saying to keep out troops morale up...:elvis:

From now on, it's open season on Clinton around here...

:elvis:

Guitar Shark
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

"From now on"? LOL

FORD
11-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That's a great thing for a former president to be saying to keep out troops morale up...:elvis:

As I clearly pointed out above, Poppy Bush and the Tin Man said the same thing. Is it "open season" on them as well?

Nickdfresh
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
"From now on"? LOL

:D

Yeah PRESIDENT CLINTON! You'll never get re-elected in 2008 you bastard!!:mad:

FORD
11-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Does the 22nd Ammendment exempt part of a two term president from running again?

I figured since the Republicans are still obsessed with Clinton's penis that it should run it's own campaign. Monica Lewinsky can be its running mate.

Ernie123
11-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Fact: Hillary is Running For President. This is and will continue to drive all Clinton political rehortic until November 2008. However, once those debates begin, she will be exposed for the arrogant lightweight that she truly is... Being a royal bitch and never challenged by the likes of Andrea Mitchell and other elitists tele-journalists that are up her ass, doesn't make her qualified for anything..and definitely not for president.

Fact: Bill Clinton gave NUMEROUS speeches while president about the threat Saddam posed to the middle east region and US interests in General. Please click on the link for a GLARING Example...

http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

Fact: Saddam supported terrorism. Please look up ansar al islam... They are a terrorist group that trains in Northern Iraq. Link is below on ansar al islam/iraq connection...

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=5571

Fact: George Tenet, CIA Director, told President Bush when pressed by him... "Mr. president, it's a SLAM DUNK!" on WMD's.

Fact: Bill Clinton is a revisionist historian. Just because the mainstream press refuses to call this guy out doesn' t mean he didn't make NUMEROUS mistakes. He was and is a liar. Probably the best liar in the history of American Politics. I will never question his intellectual capabilities. However, I question his motives. He is a liar.

You are wasting your breath FORD. You are supporting people that wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were burning to death. They are arrogant elitists that don't get it. They are only out for one thing.. themselves. As long as they can sit and read Tolstoy and drink cosmompolitans in upper manhattan, laugh at middle america characterizing them as "stupid" and not break a sweat, they are fine. But when it comes to defending a way of life, they want to appease and be a "world community"... A world community that has nothing but disdain for the United States. There thoughts are very simple: We should all be ashamed of this country's success. And now it's time for the US to give everything away... EXCEPT for those elitists in Upper Manhattan. They can't give up their Latte's and Blackberry's... But hey, that Ivy Leaque education ANNOITS them with previlage. The rest of us are stupid lemmings that deserve to be abused and stripped of diginity.

Nickdfresh
11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Does the 22nd Ammendment exempt part of a two term president from running again?

I figured since the Republicans are still obsessed with Clinton's penis that it should run it's own campaign. Monica Lewinsky can be its running mate.

I was referring to the fact that some here apparently BELIEVE that CLINTON is still president based on the number of times he gets mentioned/blamed for the current policy failures...

Warham
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
:D

Yeah PRESIDENT CLINTON! You'll never get re-elected in 2008 you bastard!!:mad:

He's going to try the next best thing. Get his wife elected.

LoungeMachine
11-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
"From now on"? LOL

Shhhhhhh.

*dont tell warham *

LMMFAO:D

FORD
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ernie123
Fact: Hillary is Running For President. This is and will continue to drive all Clinton political rehortic until November 2008. However, once those debates begin, she will be exposed for the arrogant lightweight that she truly is... Being a royal bitch and never challenged by the likes of Andrea Mitchell and other elitists tele-journalists that are up her ass, doesn't make her qualified for anything..and definitely not for president.

Actually that is NOT a fact. Hillary has said nothing about running for President. Actually, the only ones talking about it are Republicans and the Whore Media. Though I do agree with you that she's not qualified for the job. But neither was the Chimp.

[quote]
Fact: Saddam supported terrorism. Please look up ansar al islam... They are a terrorist group that trains in Northern Iraq. Link is below on ansar al islam/iraq connection...

REAL fact: Northern Iraq was and is Kurdish territory. Saddam was restricted from this entire part of Iraq by the US from the 1991 Bush Sr. invasion up until Junior's invasion, including the entire Clinton administration.

Fact: George Tenet, CIA Director, told President Bush when pressed by him... "Mr. president, it's a SLAM DUNK!" on WMD's.

Were you there when he allegedly said this?

Fact: Bill Clinton is a revisionist historian. Just because the mainstream press refuses to call this guy out doesn' t mean he didn't make NUMEROUS mistakes. He was and is a liar. Probably the best liar in the history of American Politics. I will never question his intellectual capabilities. However, I question his motives. He is a liar.

He "lied" (not legally) about getting his cock sucked. He never lied about national security.

You are wasting your breath FORD. You are supporting people that wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were burning to death. They are arrogant elitists that don't get it. They are only out for one thing.. themselves. As long as they can sit and read Tolstoy and drink cosmompolitans in upper manhattan, laugh at middle america characterizing them as "stupid" and not break a sweat, they are fine. But when it comes to defending a way of life, they want to appease and be a "world community"... A world community that has nothing but disdain for the United States. There thoughts are very simple: We should all be ashamed of this country's success. And now it's time for the US to give everything away... EXCEPT for those elitists in Upper Manhattan. They can't give up their Latte's and Blackberry's... But hey, that Ivy Leaque education ANNOITS them with previlage. The rest of us are stupid lemmings that deserve to be abused and stripped of diginity. [/B]

You just described the BCE perfectly. So why do YOU support them?

Tell Bert and Oscar the grouch I said Hello! :)

Ernie123
11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
The Slam Dunk comment was well publicized in Bob Woodward's Book "Bush at War"... Bob Woodward had first hand knowledge of the comment.

Ansar Al Islam trained without any intervention from Saddam. Also, Al Zarqawi was treated in Baghdad after sustaining wounds on the Afghanistan Battlefield in December 2001. How does he JUST end up in Baghdad for treatment????

Iraq was an optional war. I won't argue that. However, at least Bush did something. He didn't ask Rove to take a poll and see what people thought. Clinton would have done what was most popular. Dick Morris, who worked with him for 25 years, said this in his book, "because he could"... Clinton was hamstrung by popular opinion and polls.

As I said, I would never desparage Clinton's intellectual capabilities. However, he was a pussy and everyone knew it. You can't be on EVERY side of EVERY issue. It appears to me Clinton was and Still is.... That is no leader.

Cathedral
11-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Don't you go shakin that finger at me!

Cathedral
11-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I always knew he was a tad warped, BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

ELVIS
11-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Haha...:D

Nice post, Ernie...

Nickdfresh
11-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Horseshit...