PDA

View Full Version : Walk the Line

diamondsgirl
11-20-2005, 08:13 AM
I saw this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Wondering what you all thought of Joaquin's portrayal of the Man in Black. :cool:

Johnny's story really is amazing, I never realized what a tragic childhood he had. :(

Being a Cash fan all my life, one of my favorite CDs ever is Cash's At Folsom Prison. And it was cool seeing him performing in there.

http://www.nice.hu/image_upload/big_2005_06_09_19_50_johnny_cash.jpg

EbDawson
11-20-2005, 09:38 AM
I plan on seeing it, probably middle of the week or so. Looks great. Glad you liked it.

The_KiD
11-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Very nice... Looking forward to seeing it. Saw Social Distortion here in DC recently who do a killer cover of "Ring of Fire". Just one great song from a great artist..

KiD

diamondsgirl
11-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by The_KiD
Very nice... Looking forward to seeing it. Saw Social Distortion here in DC recently who do a killer cover of "Ring of Fire". Just one great song from a great artist..

KiD

I agree. And I was surprised to see who wrote that tune. :)

Matt White
11-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I heard that one of his daughters with his First wife wasn't happy with the portrayal of her mother...she walked out of the movie 5 times (and back in)....

She was pleased with the movie overall....

I'm sure I'm gonna see it soon.......

NIce to see YOU back, by the way, DG!!!:D

bueno bob
11-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Gonna wait for the rental...movie theaters are too fuckin' expensive for anything other than Star Wars... :)

Ally_Kat
11-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I want to see this so bad.

diamondsgirl
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I want to see this so bad.

Hey there! Great to see you back in circulation. :cool:

Yeah, check it out. I think you'll dig it.

Mr_Pink
11-20-2005, 02:53 PM
This movie rulez-ass bigtime.

Filmed well, maybe a little drawn out on the drugs. We get it johnny likes speed.

I can see why the daughter walked out. Her mom was a first class biaaatch.

If they ever make a VH movie, this is how Val should be portrayed.

Matt White
11-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Vivian Cash started actting like a "biaaatch" after Johnny started the speed & staying out all night. That type of behavior tends to make most women irritable.

Hardrock69
11-21-2005, 12:31 AM
True.

I have not seen it, but Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor. I have no doubts he portrays Johnny as well as any actor could hope to....

loss of fools
11-21-2005, 03:35 PM
not out here yet but ill be straight down the cinema when it does

Diamondjimi
11-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I saw this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Wondering what you all thought of Joaquin's portrayal of the Man in Black. :cool:

Johnny's story really is amazing, I never realized what a tragic childhood he had. :(

Being a Cash fan all my life, one of my favorite CDs ever is Cash's At Folsom Prison. And it was cool seeing him performing in there.

http://www.nice.hu/image_upload/big_2005_06_09_19_50_johnny_cash.jpg
Looking forward to seeing this flick. Too bad most people have to die
first before they make a movie about them !
R.I.P. Johnny !

Ally_Kat
11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Looking forward to seeing this flick. Too bad most people have to die
first before they make a movie about them !
R.I.P. Johnny !

Actually, if I'm remembering right, this movie has been 10 yrs in the making and Johnny had a say in it. It's just that he and June died before it was made and released.

Dave's Bitch
11-22-2005, 07:25 AM
i really wanna see this movie.i love johnny cash he is awesome

DLRDUDE
11-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Sounds great! I'll just wait for it to come out on Netflix

Axl S
11-28-2005, 04:45 AM
im a big johnny cash fan,the guy is a legend.i cant wait to see this