PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Signed By IOMMI, PAGE, BLACKMORE And Other Stars Sells For $1.6 Million!

Hardrock69
11-21-2005, 09:57 AM
- Nov. 20, 2005
Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH), Jimmy Page (LED ZEPPELIN), Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC, Brian May (QUEEN), Ritchie Blackmore (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE), and DEF LEPPARD are among the artists that signed a guitar which was auctioned off this week for 1.6 million dollars, according to The Rock Radio.

After last year's tsunami in southeast Asia, Canadian singer Bryan Adams started getting musicians to sign the white Stratocaster in hopes of raising money for relief efforts. Just in the last year, it has been signed by nearly 20 legends, including Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Mark Knopfler, Ray Davies, Liam and Noel Gallagher of OASIS, Ronnie Wood, Paul McCartney, Sting, and Adams himself.

The guitar, which was donated by Fender, was auctioned off earlier this year for more than $150,000. It was re-auctioned this week and bought for more than $1.6 million. All proceeds will go towards the Reach Out To Asia Foundation.

ELVIS
11-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Idiotic...:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 12:57 AM
Hey..good business investment.

Not idiotic at all.

The value of the guitar will only increase.

Hell, you could lease it out to the Hard Rock Cafe or the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and earn money while it sits in a display case doing nothing.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
All proceeds will go towards the Reach Out To Asia Foundation.

I respect people donating to charity from the goodness of their hearts. i respect adoption as well. what i dont like is when people support other countries faster than supporting problems here. Just because we live in america doesnt mean we all wipe our asses with gold and 20's. we have tons of kids here that need the help. i know my 2 cents aint worth a dime, but i just think that we should look at the problem that surrounds us, rather than trying to reach out. i do think that <B>ANY</B> charity is good charity, but i think the money could be applied better.

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Not only that, lookit how the "perceived value" jumped in less than 10 months:

Paid $150,000

Sold it for 1.6 Million.

That is 10 times the original price.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Not only that, lookit how the "perceived value" jumped in less than 10 months:

Paid $150,000

Sold it for 1.6 Million.

That is 10 times the original price.

Was the guitar signed at the time it was appraised for the lower amount?

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Oh and I agree.

America is always "helping the world" but our own government won't help US.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh and I agree.

America is always "helping the world" but our own government won't help US.

thats america for ya. Iraq bombs us and then 5 seconds later we're kissing there ass for years patching thinks up. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT?

Hardrock69
11-22-2005, 01:19 AM
It was not "appraised".

It sold for that amount at auction.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-22-2005, 01:21 AM
its because of our fucking world police mentality. anything goes wrong and here we come to save the day. its pretty fucked up. there cant be one conflict where we just cant sit out of.

roryrobson666
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
jesus thats a lot of money!!!

Eyes of the Night
12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
- Nov. 20, 2005
Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH), Jimmy Page (LED ZEPPELIN), Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC, Brian May (QUEEN), Ritchie Blackmore (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE), and DEF LEPPARD are among the artists that signed a guitar which was auctioned off this week for 1.6 million dollars, according to The Rock Radio.

After last year's tsunami in southeast Asia, Canadian singer Bryan Adams started getting musicians to sign the white Stratocaster in hopes of raising money for relief efforts. Just in the last year, it has been signed by nearly 20 legends, including Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Mark Knopfler, Ray Davies, Liam and Noel Gallagher of OASIS, Ronnie Wood, Paul McCartney, Sting, and Adams himself.

The guitar, which was donated by Fender, was auctioned off earlier this year for more than $150,000. It was re-auctioned this week and bought for more than $1.6 million. All proceeds will go towards the Reach Out To Asia Foundation.

What no pic!? ...