PDA

View Full Version : New King Kong Movie

fenway5150
11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
December 12th it comes out. I hear it's about 3 hours long. I'm lookin' forward to seeing this. Naomi Watts is in it...plus Jack Black. You guys gonna go see it?

http://www.hispamp3.com/noticias/0510/kong.jpg

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Old news, actually.

They released several different DVD versions of the original film yesterday, and they showed it on TCM last night, along with an hour long documentary on the making of the film.

I am going to go see it.

If it were anyone but Peter Jackson I would not be so sure I would want to see it.

But he has proven himself MORE than capable at creating big-budget blockbuster films that kick ass.

ALinChainz
11-23-2005, 09:44 AM
The effects did look good to me.

And I caught the 1933 original on TCM last night also.

Was a fan of the last version with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange.

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 11:31 AM
I wasn't.

But...no matter.

HERE is something fucking cool.

I was talking on the phone last night with a friend, and had the TV on. Suddenly, I saw the latest trailer for the film.

It blew my head clean off!

Check it out...you can even see it on ipod or high-definition!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/king_kong/

Eyes of the Night
11-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I'll see it, eventually ... looks badass indeed ...

ALinChainz
11-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I thought the previews of Kong atop the Empire State building were killer.

And the shots of the island and the dinosaurs and shit.

Obviously the effects available now beat the shit out of stop animation and a dude in a suit.

Vinnie Velvet
11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
The question I ask is this:

How the hell can they make a King Kong movie into a 3 hour flick???

I don't know, I'm thinking its gonna be a borefest for a while until Kong starts to get nasty with the Lizards/brontosaurus and finally ends up in New York.

I'm a big fan of the original. I saw it last night on TCM as well. I'll be picking up the collectors DVD. I even liked the 76 version, in all its cheesiness glory (afterall, Jessica Lange was a hottie!).

So, with that, I'm not sold on this Peter Jackson version. No doubt it will be leaps and bounds better than Kong '76 and I appreciate the guy's enthusiasim on Kong, but I don't know---3 hours???? of what??

Is Kong gonna meet up with Frodo and Gollum on Skull Island?? :D

Vinnie Velvet
11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if there will be some nice ass or tit shots of Naomi Watts in this remake??

:D

Seriously, that would cement my admission to see this in the theatre.

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 01:18 PM
I dunno, but here are some from other films:

Hardrock69
11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
:cool:

bastardog
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I will love to bang her...

Vinnie Velvet
11-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm...yeah.

Thank you H69!

"Mulolland Drive" was the flick.

She can grab my "King Dong" anyday.

Bob_R
11-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Was a fan of the last version with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange.

Yeah me too.

Terry
11-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Nah.

Anything that has to be as hyped as this thing was half a year prior to the release ain't gonna be worth it. Plus, am all done with Black after that School of Rock crapfest. His schtick isn't even marginally interesting, I'm bored to fuck with remakes and movies that ooze with special effects instead of a decent plot, and had no interest in any of the Lord of the Rings movies, so just the fact that this director did this remake isn't sweetening the deal for me...

...if I do change my mind and end up seeing it, it will be in a theater, as none of the CGI stuff ever holds up on the small screen. Won't be worth a rental.

I am going to see Aeon Flux, though.

Terry
11-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the nakey pix from Mull Dr. just the same, though!

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I tend to agree with a lotta what you said.

I am disgusted not only by the lack of creativity in the story/screenplay end of things, but also the
complete and utter stupidity of those fools in the Ivory Towers at Paramount,
Universal, 20th-Century Fox, etc., who actually APPROVE THE MAKING OF SUCH HIGH-QUALITY KRAP!!!

However, as great as the original King Kong was, I feel the special effects were always a detriment to the story.

Obviously the trick is to make Kong real. So you are not even thinking about "FX".

In the original he was so herky-jerky that I would tend to pay attention to the crudity of Kong on a visual level,
instead of any actual "Character" of King Kong. But they just could not have done any better at the time
(and it was fucking amazing for the time).

Here is a thought I had.....

Even by 1933, Motion-pictures were still kind of a new-fangled technology.

Could you imagine some hillbillies who had never even seen a movie before, seeing King Kong as their first film?

What if they thought it was real? It would probably fuck with their heads for awhile....

As a 5-year old, after I saw it for the first time, I had nightmares for a long time after that....

It actually is the kind of story where it begs for a lush billion-dollar production.

If you thought Lord Of The Rings was a buncha crap though, there is no hope for ya. At least that was not a remake...

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Oh and I am going to go see Aeon Flux as well.

I expect nothing from the story, but I look forward to day-dreaming about fucking Charlize Theron until she wails like a banshee....

Oh, and I want to see what they have in the way of special effects as well...

EbDawson
11-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Matinee ticket - $7
Popcorn - $4.50
Soda - $5

$16.50 total

No wonder why I see so few movies. Still I'll check this one out. I do like special FX/monster type movies. And movies about Johnny Cash.

DavidLeeNatra
11-26-2005, 07:18 AM
I've seen the trailor...looked cool and I thing it will be a good popcorn-movie...nothing to last but something to enjoy...will go for it...