PDA

View Full Version : X BOX 360 = Shit ?

flappo
11-23-2005, 04:05 PM
"So, the Xbox 360's been available for, what, 15 minutes, and already the crash reports are streaming in. According to postings on Xbox-Scene and other fan sites, some early adopters are discovering that waiting on line in the cold for two years to snag a box was the least of their problems: the game consoles are allegedly crashing during a variety of games and reporting a range of error messages," Marc Perton reports for Engadget.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEFkZkkkyEHasmrPqu.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80491849@N00/

hahah , too much

:D

PS3 wins and it ain't even fucking released yet

twonabomber
11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
what else would you expect from Microsoft?

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
What I'd really expect is the BSOD (blue-screen of death) only in X-Box green.

Never buy the first release of a console. They're over-priced and often have problems. When will people learn?

M

BITEYOASS
11-23-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL I just stick with PC games, they're a hell of a lot funnier anyway and you can get patches easily to fix the problem.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber

woooo! run linux!

WARF
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm not buying a game system until another LEISURE SUIT LARRY game comes out!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber

im surprised M$ didnt make you buy ANOTHER xbox live account.

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
LOL I just stick with PC games, they're a hell of a lot funnier anyway and you can get patches easily to fix the problem.

3 other things to mention. Easy illegal copies. Much cheaper, on average, if you decide to buy. Better graphics for the most part, unless you use an HDTV for console gaming and then it's about equal.

Only trouble is not a lot of top quality games for the Linux OS. :-(

M

Dan
11-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by flappo
"So, the Xbox 360's been available for, what, 15 minutes, and already the crash reports are streaming in. According to postings on Xbox-Scene and other fan sites, some early adopters are discovering that waiting on line in the cold for two years to snag a box was the least of their problems: the game consoles are allegedly crashing during a variety of games and reporting a range of error messages," Marc Perton reports for Engadget.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEFkZkkkyEHasmrPqu.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80491849@N00/

hahah , too much

:D

PS3 wins and it ain't even fucking released yet

WTF?We here in N.Z. don't get the Box until March 06.lol

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
3 other things to mention. Easy illegal copies. Much cheaper, on average, if you decide to buy. Better graphics for the most part, unless you use an HDTV for console gaming and then it's about equal.

Only trouble is not a lot of top quality games for the Linux OS. :-(

M

i agree on the linux part. im not a big pc gamer. i do love the illegal-ness of the games though.

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 06:27 PM
I still buy games but only ones I'm sure I'll like and will be good. I like to download illegal copies of games I know I won't play for long, or won't like much, but still want to try. It's hard to have opinions about games if you haven't tried them but it's just too expensive to buy stuff you know is going to suck. I like trying the WarCraft games but stopped liking the series a long time ago. I play for a few hours and never go back. I also, occasionally, get surprised and find games I actually like and will go out and buy (because in the old days some illegal copies had missing music tracks or cut scenes and in some cases all in-game sounds). Original version of Diablo was one I remember eventually buying for one of those reasons I mentioned. It's been a long time since I downloaded an illegal game because I've got my PC gaming down to a only a few series that I'm willing to pay for, and even that goes back a couple of years. Half-life, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, all worth buying in my opinion. If F1 racing ever comes back I'd buy that as well. Still it's been a couple of years since I played PC games.

Ah, well, maybe someday soon Linux gamers will have more selection. In the meantime at least American Army releases Linux versions. if you can get your OpenGL drivers working, they're worth checking out.

M

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
I still buy games but only ones I'm sure I'll like and will be good. I like to download illegal copies of games I know I won't play for long, or won't like much, but still want to try. It's hard to have opinions about games if you haven't tried them but it's just too expensive to buy stuff you know is going to suck. I like trying the WarCraft games but stopped liking the series a long time ago. I play for a few hours and never go back. I also, occasionally, get surprised and find games I actually like and will go out and buy (because in the old days some illegal copies had missing music tracks or cut scenes and in some cases all in-game sounds). Original version of Diablo was one I remember eventually buying for one of those reasons I mentioned. It's been a long time since I downloaded an illegal game because I've got my PC gaming down to a only a few series that I'm willing to pay for, and even that goes back a couple of years. Half-life, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, all worth buying in my opinion. If F1 racing ever comes back I'd buy that as well. Still it's been a couple of years since I played PC games.

Ah, well, maybe someday soon Linux gamers will have more selection. In the meantime at least American Army releases Linux versions. if you can get your OpenGL drivers working, they're worth checking out.

M

I hate the no in game sound thing about stolen games. I agree with you.... linux audio and video support sucks shit through a straw. i guess it doesnt really need to be powerful though haha.

Anonymous
11-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I'm not buying a game system until another LEISURE SUIT LARRY game comes out!!!

There was 8... Magna Cum Laude. Utter shite! Al Lowe has had NO participation in the game whatsoever, and it seems he'll never be allowed to touch his creation again. Just like Ron Gilbert. Larry's not even the main character anymore... it's his nephew. And it's not even an adventure game. Just a series of mini-games.

What's next? Monkey Island Pinball from "The Company that Releases Star Wars Games"?

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
11-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
There was 8... Magna Cum Laude. Utter shite! Al Lowe has had NO participation in the game whatsoever, and it seems he'll never be allowed to touch his creation again. Just like Ron Gilbert. Larry's not even the main character anymore... it's his nephew. And it's not even an adventure game. Just a series of mini-games.

What's next? Monkey Island Pinball from "The Company that Releases Star Wars Games"?

Wow! I'm a geek!

WARF
11-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah Al Lowe got fucked over hard... IN THE BUTT!

I remember gigglin' as a little kid, when I fucked the prostitute in the original Larry game!

I still have all the kings/police/space etc etc games.
I miss the typing games.

Anonymous
11-24-2005, 12:52 AM
I've always been partial to LucasArts - maybe because my first adventure game was Monkey Island - but I fell in love with the Larry series the first time I laid eyes on it. A more mature and nearly as witty as LucasArts' humour and made me play through almost all of the games. I only skipped 3 and could never find 4. :D I even went so far as to download the full 2.4 GB of the new Larry... damned I may be if ever I support VU Games for the direction they're taking Larry.

Nostalgia sets in...

WARF
11-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Larry 3 was the best of all.

Did you ever to go Al's site?

www.allowe.com

He's very bitter, and with good reason!

WARF
11-24-2005, 03:02 AM
Here's AL Lowe's thoughts on Cum Laude.

Click Here! (http://www.allowe.com/Larry/MCL.htm)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-24-2005, 03:04 AM
is the title of that game a double entendre? :confused:

The Coon
11-24-2005, 05:29 AM
yo honkys!

it's the wrong color man

it's not black

like me

DeadOrAlive
11-24-2005, 04:38 PM
I used to play video games but then my balls dropped.

Anonymous
11-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Larry 3 was the best of all.

Did you ever to go Al's site?

www.allowe.com

He's very bitter, and with good reason!

Yeah, I even subscribed to that Cyberjoke 3000 shit. Two new jokes a day. :D

I also read his take on Magna Cum Laude... I instantly knew the game would suck. Al Lowe did the bulk of all the other games in the series. It's like Sammy Hagar writing Van Halen stuff... It just isn't right.

Redballjets88
11-24-2005, 09:14 PM
ps3 rules

The Coon
11-25-2005, 03:56 AM
my sugarpie loves my joystick
you dig what i'm saying?

uh mammy

bastardog
11-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Common sense tells..."wait for PS3"

flappo
11-25-2005, 02:55 PM
true dat

loss of fools
11-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
I used to play video games but then my balls dropped.

aint nothing wrong with playing games when you got nothing else to do. take resident evil 4 for example.

larbo
11-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I've told people to wait for the PS 3. For a next generation console, the 360 is'nt that far from the PS 2. When I saw the games for the x-box 360 I was'nt too Impressed. When the PS 3 & games come out we will all be blown away.

flappo
11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
i agree

ms are a fucking joke

Hardrock69
11-25-2005, 03:49 PM
As for the XBOX 360, the crashing is not something you should be concerned with unless you buy one for yourself.

What you need to do is wait in line, buy one, and put it up for sale on eBay.,

I have heard of consoles going for 1500 bucks.

Nice way to make some cash real quick!

Then wait for the upgraded release, so they will get the bucgs worked out.

:cool:

NATEDOG001976
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Fucking A! just buy a kick ass computer...it blows the X-Box 360 and play station away. Who the fuck would stand in line 20 hours for this shit?? I mean what the fuck??? In that 20 hours you could of

A. Been drinking Beer
B. Getting Laid!

BITEYOASS
11-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Fucking A! just buy a kick ass computer...it blows the X-Box 360 and play station away. Who the fuck would stand in line 20 hours for this shit?? I mean what the fuck??? In that 20 hours you could of

A. Been drinking Beer
B. Getting Laid!

Absofuckinlutely!!! And IMO the best PC game you can get is Postal 2; made by a small independent video game company out in AZ run by a bunch of crazy mofo's who don't give a rats ass what paranoid anti-violent video gam lobbyists think. Here's a link: www.gopostal.com