PDA

View Full Version : global warming

franksters
11-23-2005, 04:58 PM
The first picture was taken in 93 the second one 7 years later...

Anyone as a picture from 2005?

Any toughts on the subject...

franksters
11-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Here's a picture of the ice cap ( north pole) melt down... 2003!

franksters
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM

bastardog
11-23-2005, 05:21 PM
OK you convince me....I'm going to start doing my part.
Every day I will open my refrigerator door for 10 minutes to free some cool air.
Also will try to convice my neighbors to do it.

Blah

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, nice pictures. Proves that the ice cap is melting. Do you have an opinion you'd like to voice on what this may mean to the existence of life on the planet. 4-6 Billion years ago the earth was a molten mass of firey rock and noxious gases. 10,000 years ago the ice cap reached into the northern US. Go back to the Tertiary\late Cretaceous period (around 100 million years ago) and the average temperature on the planet was 10 degrees celcius warmer than it is now and there was no ice at all at the caps. The Earth goes through monumental climate changes and is predicted to continue doing so (because there's no reason to believe otherwise, the scientific proof is so convincing). Here endeth a brief Earth history lesson.
M

Jimmy Jingles
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
It's those damn Yeti's fault!

franksters
11-23-2005, 09:00 PM
I think it's all those bbq lover!

hahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-23-2005, 09:11 PM
i will be dead before any of this shit matters.

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Now that's an opinion I can respect, MERRY...
M

ELVIS
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Seven years is not long enough to even consider...

I don't buy the global warming bullshit anyway...

:elvis:

m_dixon1984
11-23-2005, 09:51 PM
The truth is we're currently enjoying the extra innings of an abnormally long interglacial period (warm period) in Earth's history. If history repeats itself, and it normally does where Earth's climate is concerned, we're actually past-due for another glacial period. The North Pole could extend as far south as the northern US. Canadians would finally succeed in making ice hockey North America's national pastime.

Enjoy the heat, football and baseball while you can yanks. You'll soon be living in igloos and clubbing seals like your northern neighbours (and get used to that spelling as well).

HAHAHA,
M

rustoffa
11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
El Neenyo and La Ninya factor in as well. It's a fucking work. Everything's been re-named and re-cuntegorized. Word to your mothers Alaskan/Canadians....Mongol potato farmers are chomping @ the grit. Watch the glacial bridge reform.....archaic arrowhead discuntions won't matter this time. Happy Thanksgiving and roast a Mastadon!

Millermoos
11-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Lets hope we have got enough water to keep going.......
Millermoos

Jérôme Frenchise
11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Millermoos
Lets hope we have got enough water to keep going.......
Millermoos

... and spirits too, in case it freezes! :D

Millermoos
11-25-2005, 07:39 AM
and spirits too, in case it freezes!
Very funny, Jerome.Did yous see the movie called Touching the Void?
Millermoos

larbo
11-25-2005, 06:27 PM
See fartsters, The earth does this. it's perfectly natural. Now go fuck a tree.

franksters
11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by larbo
See fartsters, The earth does this. it's perfectly natural. Now go fuck a tree.

your such a waste larvo,

I defy you to come up with something , anything else than hatred,and racism.

What do you do in life? ( after your shift at the factory ).

Are you that mad at society in general?

Did you ever left your balcony, or you're simply too scared to cross the street...

Is that all you got in life : racism, hatred, and a bunch of magazine to wank of your tiny dick...

When is the last time you had fun? ( I said have fun, not making fun of)

You probably won't even answer any of these questions, cause you're completetly oblivion to the concept of communicating with humans.

franksters
11-25-2005, 07:19 PM
global warming 101

for those with interest:

global warming science

Global warming is already under way. The evidence is vast and the urgency of taking action becomes clearer with every new scientific study. Some of the most obvious signs are visible in the Arctic, where rising temperatures and melting ice are dramatically changing the region’s unique landscapes and wildlife—as well as people’s lives and livelihoods. Across the globe, other early warning signs include melting glaciers, shifting ranges of plants and animals, and the earlier onset of spring.

Global warming is caused by emissions of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases that are emitted primarily by the burning of fossil fuels and the clearing of forests. These gases remain in our atmosphere for decades or even centuries.

The profound impact rising temperatures have had in the Arctic provides a window into a future we may all experience. With continued warming, we can expect more extreme heat and drought, rising sea levels, and higher-intensity tropical storms. At risk are our coastal property and resources, the livability of our cities in summer, and the productivity of our farms, forests, and fisheries.

We can’t avoid all the consequences of global warming, but committing ourselves to action today can help ensure our children and grandchildren inherit a healthy world full of opportunity

for more reading:http://www.ucsusa.org/

excellent site!

larbo
11-25-2005, 07:20 PM
who said anything 'bout racism, hhhmmmm? You love that shit dont'cha Fartsters? I don't have any hatred. Only concern. I have a lot of fun. A LOT. there is not a day that goes by that is wasted by me. I am thankful for the time I have here on earth and am trying to make it a better place for future generations that will pay for people like you & your 8 ass buddies bullshit beliefs. You are completely oblivious to reality.

franksters
11-25-2005, 07:26 PM
who said anything 'bout racism, hhhmmmm? You love that shit dont'cha Fartsters? I don't have any hatred. Only concern. I have a lot of fun. A LOT. there is not a day that goes by that is wasted by me. I am thankful for the time I have here on earth and am trying to make it a better place for future generations that will pay for people like you & your 8 ass buddies bullshit beliefs. You are completely oblivious to reality.

stop ruining all the threads morron.

make your own and you can bitch and complain all you want, that's all you do anyway,

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! CAN YOU DO THAT

ANY INTEREST: EXPLAIN
ANY FUN : WHEN AND HOW: EXPLAIN BE SPECIFIC
DO YOU HAVE A LIFE BESIDES RUINING THREAD: BE SPECIFIC
EVER WENT ON VACATION: WHEN WHERE AND HOW!

DO YOU GET IT!

jhale667
11-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by franksters
stop ruining all the threads morron.

make your own and you can bitch and complain all you want, that's all you do anyway,

DO YOU GET IT!

I doubt it...getting his ass kicked for 20+ pages in the other threads hasn't sunk in yet......;)

franksters
11-25-2005, 07:33 PM
your post are just about bitching, and how people are wrong...

wtf is that, 1st you're the racist one in here, no one else in here is like that besides you, john holmes and assbush...

WTF you're doing IN HERE????

you have a life: tell us about it... instead of telling us how f***ckin gr8 it is...

but you just don't get it.

do you have friends.........let me predict your answer................yesssss you do!

than go see them! cause you're not gonna find any over here! and if you do have some in here besides arielle bot... make a thread about it and knock yourself out.

IT COULD BE CALLED LARBO AND FRIENDS BASHING FRENZY!!!

and than you could bitch all you want.

I got to say it

FAGGOT!

larbo
11-25-2005, 07:44 PM

DO YOU GET IT!

Fartsters, I see you've taken an interest in me, but....I'm not gay. You are confusing this site with "meet local fags in your area tonight" website. DO YOU GET IT? Also, I don't try to ruin anyones threads. But....NOT >BUTT<, >But< if someone starts a stoopid thread, that means shit, then who cares?

franksters
11-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Fartsters, I see you've taken an interest in me, but....I'm not gay. You are confusing this site with "meet local fags in your area tonight" website. DO YOU GET IT? Also, I don't try to ruin anyones threads. But....NOT >BUTT<, >But< if someone starts a stoopid thread, that means shit, then who cares?

BITCHING AGAIN!

Nickdfresh
11-25-2005, 07:47 PM

LARBLOW will be warm as long as he has SAGEBRUSH's ass, and his fat mother's trailer, to keep him warm.:D

larbo
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
LARBLOW will be warm as long as he has SAGEBRUSH's ass, and his fat mother's trailer, to keep him warm.:D

How do you keep warm? I'll bet you light a barrel in your project. I AM DOC HOLIDAY & YOU ARE JOHNNY RINGO BITCH! DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT HUCKLEBERRY!

franksters
11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
How do you keep warm? I'll bet you light a barrel in your project. I AM DOC HOLIDAY & YOU ARE JOHNNY RINGO BITCH! DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT HUCKLEBERRY!

BITCHING AGAIN!

franksters
11-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Anyway,this is a great site, http://www.ucsusa.org/

m_dixon1984
11-26-2005, 12:02 AM
global warming 101

for those with interest:

global warming science

Global warming is already under way. The evidence is vast and the urgency of taking action becomes clearer with every new scientific study. Some of the most obvious signs are visible in the Arctic, where rising temperatures and melting ice are dramatically changing the region’s unique landscapes and wildlife—as well as people’s lives and livelihoods. Across the globe, other early warning signs include melting glaciers, shifting ranges of plants and animals, and the earlier onset of spring.

Global warming is caused by emissions of carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases that are emitted primarily by the burning of fossil fuels and the clearing of forests. These gases remain in our atmosphere for decades or even centuries.

The profound impact rising temperatures have had in the Arctic provides a window into a future we may all experience. With continued warming, we can expect more extreme heat and drought, rising sea levels, and higher-intensity tropical storms. At risk are our coastal property and resources, the livability of our cities in summer, and the productivity of our farms, forests, and fisheries.

We can’t avoid all the consequences of global warming, but committing ourselves to action today can help ensure our children and grandchildren inherit a healthy world full of opportunity

for more reading:http://www.ucsusa.org/

excellent site!

For those interested in reading some opposing viewpoints you can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skeptical_Environmentalist

I highly recommend reading the Skeptical Environmentalist. It's controversial but will at least give you reason to question scientists and their motivations as related to politics.

M

NATEDOG001976
11-26-2005, 09:44 AM
You all sound like my fucking professor in my "Human uses of the environment" class in college. I say fuck it, and leave it for the next generation to deal with it. Plus, we owe it to the "Baby Boomers" to pass a problem along...I.E. Social Security...lol

franksters
11-28-2005, 09:00 AM
The world conference on the state of the earth is starting today in montreal.

topics include: global warming, pollution, kyoto, and also equitable commerce...

kentuckyklira
11-28-2005, 09:08 AM
You know it´s god´s will!

And you know he´ll give us a new planet once we´re done with this one!

How can you doubt that?? Read your Bible and shut up!

Jérôme Frenchise
11-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
I say fuck it, and leave it for the next generation to deal with it. Plus, we owe it to the "Baby Boomers" to pass a problem along...I.E. Social Security...lol

Very well said! It's so, so true. :cool:

franksters
11-28-2005, 09:35 AM
How many times should we repeat the same mistakes?

Aren't we supposed to be ''smarter'' than the previous generation,

don't get me wrong I'm not one of those tree hugger completely ''green'' warrior...

but you have to agree that now the smart or green technology is there for us to use and we don't, I sincerely believe that we waste WAY too much, on everything.

Millermoos
11-28-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't waste anything in my hole everything gets recycled and used in an efficient way at the same time I feel my own government should help more businesses that are behind green technology, politicians usually go for the easiest, cheapest option which in the long run might not be the best one and to detriment to our own health as well.

So many times that we can't even remember how it all started unfortunately.
Millermoos

franksters
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't waste anything in my hole everything gets recycled and used in an efficient way at the same time I feel my own government should help more businesses that are behind green technology, politicians usually go for the easiest, cheapest option which in the long run might not be the best one and to detriment to our own health as well.

So many times that we can't even remember how it all started unfortunately.
Millermoos

Now that's the spirit! You're absolutly right about the govn. maybe some kind of tax break or something..

scamper
11-28-2005, 11:07 AM

Aren't we supposed to be ''smarter'' than the previous generation,

It seems to me that the generations are dumbing down, they're growing up quicker but with less common sense.

Millermoos
11-29-2005, 06:10 AM
It seems to me that the generations are dumbing down, they're growing up quicker but with less common sense.
I am not sure about this cos we have inherited our current situation from the previous generation. I mean what happened to all the people in the Counter cultures are they all wearing suits and working for large corporations?
Millermoos

franksters
11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I am not sure about this cos we have inherited our current situation from the previous generation. I mean what happened to all the people in the Counter cultures are they all wearing suits and working for large corporations?
Millermoos

These people eventually decided to have kids, but seriously we can't always put the blame on somebody else...

scamper
11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Ok, dumbing down is the wrong thing to say, lets just say that with the growing curve that is being forced on them, they don't really get a chance for creative expression.

franksters
11-29-2005, 08:28 PM
We are november 29 it is 8.25 p.m in Montreal, Canada, there is no more prime minister and it is 16 degree OUTSIDE...

Am I dreaming?

Montreal, Quebec (TextWeather: MTL)
16°C
Overcast. Light rain showers. WIND S 35 km/h
GUSTS 46 km/h
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 77%
DEWPOINT 12°C
PRESSURE 100.76 kPa
VISIBILITY 16 km
CEILING 6000 ft

larbo
11-29-2005, 11:21 PM
I am so glad you live in Canada. No wonder you're a big loser! Kiss my ass......aye!

Nickdfresh
11-29-2005, 11:24 PM
I am so glad you live in Canada. No wonder you're a big loser! Kiss my ass......aye!

This from a fag that's from West Virginia, and rents his ass out on Sana Monica Blvd. for crank money and bling.

So, which IP are we posting from tonight?

franksters
11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
I am so glad you live in Canada. No wonder you're hot blooded! Kiss my ass......aye!

sorry, I'm not gay, but i kinda know a few people here that would probably kiss your ass............

mmmmmmm thinking about it I don't think they would...

:fu: :tool:

blonddgirl777
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
We are november 29 it is 8.25 p.m in Montreal, Canada, there is no more prime minister and it is 16 degree OUTSIDE...

Am I dreaming?

Montreal, Quebec (TextWeather: MTL)
16°C
Overcast. Light rain showers. WIND S 35 km/h
GUSTS 46 km/h
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 77%
DEWPOINT 12°C
PRESSURE 100.76 kPa
VISIBILITY 16 km
CEILING 6000 ft

Personnally, I am not complaining...
I can't deal with those 35 below... it is excrutiating!

Our cold and damp Canadian winters make me sick and I worry more about my own health than the planet's...

Sorry!

Millermoos
12-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Ok, dumbing down is the wrong thing to say, lets just say that with the growing curve that is being forced on them, they don't really get a chance for creative expression.

I like this.You said it very well Scamper.

Millermoos

franksters
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't beleive there is no media coverage about the u.n. global warming meeting that is currently being held in montreal, anywhere in the news....

Even the local news barely talk about it.

last time I checked cnn they had hugh heffner and 3 bimbos with him talking about a new series.... brilliant!

I'm pissed off:mad:

blonddgirl777
12-05-2005, 12:42 AM
... last time I checked cnn they had hugh heffner and 3 bimbos with him talking about a new series.... brilliant!...

But why would you listen to CNN, for information?
"Radio Canada" did, talk about the conference...

m_dixon1984
12-05-2005, 01:05 AM
TVO (TV Ontario) also had a round table discussion on the conference and Kyoto in general. I was a little surprised, honestly. I thought my anti-Kyoto views were becoming less accepted. 3 out of 4 panelists were anti-Kyoto. 1 out-right against it and 2 more like me with views that it doesn't go far enough for environmental changes and is being unjustly used as an attempt to affect climate change.

Interesting discussion. I wish I'd caught it all because it seems like Russia is beginning to waver on their support and I would have liked to hear more about it.

Ah, well, I'll get caught up somehow.

M

Jérôme Frenchise
01-30-2006, 08:33 AM
It's appalling to think that, whatever would be done for it not to happen, polar bears are bound to disappear because seals are becoming more and more hard to catch, due to the shrinking ice floe (to sum it up).
Not to mention other species that are disappearing for other reasons than global warming, like tigers for instance...