PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Axl Rose

PHOENIX
03-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform at Rock in Rio; A Message from W. Axl Rose

LISBON, Portugal--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2004--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.

“The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

“There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

“On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and ‘support’ our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to ‘discussions’ as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.”

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

VanJay011379
03-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I don't know where Axl gets off criticizing anyone else. Buckethead left? Boo hoo! Now you have an excuse to delay Chinese Democracy and cancel another show.

Buckethead is a badass guitar player. I saw him with GNR in Pittsburgh in 2002. His solo was mind blowing! People bash him for his look but hey . . . it got your attention, just listen and hear some incredible guitar work already.

PHOENIX
03-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by VanJay011379
I don't know where Axl gets off criticizing anyone else. Buckethead left? Boo hoo! Now you have an excuse to delay Chinese Democracy and cancel another show.

Buckethead is a badass guitar player. I saw him with GNR in Pittsburgh in 2002. His solo was mind blowing! People bash him for his look but hey . . . it got your attention, just listen and hear some incredible guitar work already.

But that fucking Bucket on his head is so gay. Its not cool man.

VanJay011379
03-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
But that fucking Bucket on his head is so gay. Its not cool man.

That was my initial reaction too. I actually saw him at Ozzfest in 99 with Primus (as they all got booed for coming on before slayer).

It is a little (ok a lot) over the top but face it, he still looks cooler than a lot of people like that turd Moby.:D

PHOENIX
03-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Buckethead revealed!

SilvioDante
03-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Why are we wasting time discussing a band/guy who has taken 14 years to TRY to make an album. Man, at a song a year, he has a disk!!

Big Troubles
03-31-2004, 08:23 AM
Rose is a waste of human fluids. Next thread.

Igosplut
03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
I havent heard THAT one before....

BITEYOASS
03-31-2004, 02:28 PM
“The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure.

That is the funniest press release I've ever heard!
:D :lol:

alexpgrimes
03-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I wonder if axl even knows what those big words mean???

degüello
03-31-2004, 05:19 PM
I've firmly believed that Axl is a mentally ill person for a while now, all kidding aside. I think you can see strong elements of this in that letter.

degüello
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
[quote]The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure.[/i]

And yes, that line made me laugh too. :D

ALMOSTsaved
03-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Am I the only one who notices that the guy in the pic (Buckethead) has a pinky finger that's at least a foot and a half long?

degüello
03-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Am I the only one who notices that the guy in the pic (Buckethead) has a pinky finger that's at least a foot and a half long?

It was probably a joke related to shredders at the time always splaying their fingers as far as humanly possible across the freboard in every guitar mag pic. :D

PHOENIX
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by degüello
It was probably a joke related to shredders at the time always splaying their fingers as far as humanly possible across the freboard in every guitar mag pic. :D

Its actually a prop that you used to put on your finger to reach more notes.

degüello
03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
You can't be serious.

alexpgrimes
03-31-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
Am I the only one who notices that the guy in the pic (Buckethead) has a pinky finger that's at least a foot and a half long? He probably picks his nose with that finger.

DLR7884
04-01-2004, 12:29 AM
That press release was a joke right?

Doesn't GNR still have 2 other guitar players?

Here's an idea Axl, call Slash and go play your show.

DLR7884
You fucking moron.

Chong Li
04-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Really, with Scott Weiland in so much trouble, AXL should go beg Purple Revolver to let him in if he is REALLY interested in playing again. Of course hes not.

Looking forward to Purple Revolvers release on June 8!

PHOENIX
04-01-2004, 08:26 PM
What Axl really needs is the original line up back in the studio.

Panamark
04-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
What Axl really needs is the original line up back in the studio.

Not stating the obivous or anything :p

Axl Roses new band is as bad as the Van Hagar and half Kiss debacles.....