Last_Child
11-25-2005, 05:02 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1994835504362469704

Well...

What can I say..
She's GOOD!

FORD
11-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Buy that girl an amp and a distortion pedal and she'll be dangerous. Now let's hear her classical take on "Eruption".

mako_kimura
12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
damn, i think Yngwie would be jealous

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
This video moved me to tears when I down loaded it a few weeks ago. I saved it on my favorites and forwarded it to my father who is a classical music aficionado. Her arpeggios are mind boggling and check out her forced-harmonic technique towards the end of the piece -ON A NYLON STRING ACOUSTIC GUITAR!!!!! No doubt she has spent countless hours honing her craft but you can't play like that unless you are born with a true gift!

Diamondjimi
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Let's see that bitch "Esteban" nail that shit !

Good stuff , thanks for the link !

jero
12-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Holy fuck!
Ford is right! Get this girl the right gear!

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 12:16 PM
LOL "Esteban"!!!

Hardrock69
12-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Wow.

She is BADASS!!!!

Though I saw Andre Segovia in 1976 on PBS when he played at the White House for President Jimbwah....and he could smoke her easy....

He was badder than a HUNDRED motherfuckers!!

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
I agree that he would - heck SHE would even agree that he would. But Segovia was like this old humped over man - he had decades and decades to develope his technique. Parkening would blow her away - Williams and Bream.....those guys are much older also. I am sure that those guys could shred when they were young also but they got to study under Segovia. What sets them apart is that this woman is like 21 (i forgot her name....I actually googled her after the first time I saw the video). Segovia passed away in 1987 - right at about the age that she was listening to music for the first time. But you are certainly correct to mention that Segovia sets the standard.

Coyote
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
That vid made me think of two alternatives: Either I'm gonna give up the guitar for life, or I'm gonna break out my classical...

DrMaddVibe
12-16-2005, 07:38 PM
You guys do know that Segovia trained Estaban?

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
You guys do know that Segovia trained Estaban?

One day after watching one of those cheesy commercials where Esteban is pitching his $109.00 particle board guitars, I decided to see what I could find on the web about that swill merchant. So I guess I arrived at Esteban's site and I did read that he claimed he was trained by Segovia....but something made me suspicious. I seem to recall some explanation that Esteban tried for years to gain an apprenticeship with Segovia but Segovia wouldn't accept him because he wasn't classically trained (forgive me for not doing more research before making this post) but that eventually he convinced Segovia to throw him a bone and show him a thing or two.....so, I was at least aware that Esteban claims that he was taught by Segovia.....

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 08:20 PM
This is from Wikipedia:

At Carnegie Mellon University, Esteban double majored in music and English. He still managed to teach 150 students a week and play at night clubs. As his classical guitar skills progressed, his infatuation with Segovia grew. Esteban began seriously pursuing Segovia's instruction after college and sent the same message to every hotel he stayed at: "My life is meaningless unless I can study under you." They finally met in Los Angeles in 1972 after Esteban posed as a bellhop and knocked on Segovia's door. Esteban repeated his message and was instantly recognized. Esteban played for Segovia and was invited to his master classes in Spain. Eventually, Segovia gave private lessons to Esteban at his home in Madrid. For the next four years, Esteban studied under his idol before returning to California but was always bothered by Segovia's objection to flamenco music. During this time, Segovia gave Esteban his alias. In 1978, Esteban received Segovia's endorsement with the following message: "To Stephen Paul, who loves the guitar and the guitar loves him -- an artist."

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 08:25 PM
And this from Esteban's site:

"From that moment on, he focused on the guitar, teaching himself to play and practicing every spare moment. Esteban's dream was to be able to express his deep inner feelings through his music. He wanted to study with legendary classical guitarist Andres Segovia, but being self taught, it seemed impossible, since Segovia only accepted students of other classical guitarists, in the traditional settings of master classes. So he gave up on that quest for a while, attended college, and graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1972, majoring in guitar and English literature. 1968, his first year at university, was the first year guitar was offered at Carnegie Mellon, and the guitar teacher was a cellist with the Pittsburgh Symphony. He really was not an accomplished guitarist, so Esteban was basically on his own once again, teaching himself. He stunned the juries with his amazing self-taught technique, playing his own compositions and performing the Spanish gypsy flamenco-style guitar. "

And I had to endure some cheestastic music to get that quote!

franksters
12-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Maybe Ed should consider taking some lessons from her...

Anonymous
12-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Er...

Cheers! :bottle:

DrMaddVibe
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Estaban wouldn't let Spammy in his band.

fuckhowardstern
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
LMFAO!