PDA

View Full Version : Another group to release a classic DVD

Va Beach VH Fan
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/

RAINBOW: Classic 1977 Concert To Receive DVD Release - Nov. 25, 2005

According to a posting on Deep-Purple.net, RAINBOW's 1977 concert in Munich, Germany is finally being prepared for official DVD release. This is the only known concert by the Blackmore / Powell / Dio incarnation of the band to be filmed in full. It will appear first in Japan, probably as a two single-layer disc NTSC set. Contrary to the impression given in some news sources, it WILL then appear in the rest of the world early in 2006 but as a single-disc dual layer release. The European edition will contain an extra commentary, written by RAINBOW biographer Roy Davies, extra packaging, etc. As well as the full concert (including guitar demolition and some great shots of the famous electronic rainbow), there are interviews, extra RAINBOW promos etc.

This show has been bootlegged extensively in a number of formats, but this new release will be pristine quality with remastered audio etc. Those who have seen the test copy say it's excellent. For those who never saw RAINBOW in their early days, a real treat. For those who did, a reminder of what an awesome band they were at the time.

You can pre-order this now at the Deep Purple Appreciation Society mail-order, (search with the title "Rockpalast 77").

bueno bob
11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
It'll be nice to get an official release of this!

God damn, why can't Van Halen just fuck off and release something official?!?!? It's Christing insane that they haven't...fuck Alex Cunt Halen anyway... :mad:

Terry
11-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Might be heresy to some, but I'm still partial to the Turner/Rondelli/Blackmore/Glover Straight Between The Eyes Rainbow era, though that's in no way slagging what Powell and RJD did with the group.

Yep, I'll probably end up getting this when it comes out.

Ed and Al just have their heads up their asses when it comes to getting the CVH stuff out, but they probably figure that since Live Without A Net and Right Here, Right Now are available on DVD, and since (according to them) Ed and Al are really the only two members of Van Halen that ever mattered, why bother putting out CVH stuff?

Fuck, the sisters took 6 goddamn years to put out three crappy songs. Self-motivation is no longer among thier strengths. If we have to wait for those two lazy fuckers to sign off on/produce some live CVH for DVD release, might as well not even bother and keep on trading boots.

Hardrock69
11-26-2005, 12:48 AM
I have this on VHS. And even on VHS it is great quality!

This is gonna be fucking cool!!!

I wish that Priest would release the 1984 Dortmund Germany set on DVD. That was the most fucking intense pro-shot bootleg video I have ever seen....

loss of fools
11-28-2005, 02:39 PM
looking forward to it defantly gonna get it.