PDA

View Full Version : What Can Brown Fuck Up For You?

LoungeMachine
11-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Michael Brown's New Business Venture
by Joe Gandelman

"Those who can't do, teach..."

DENVER - Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

"If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses — because that goes straight to the bottom line — then I hope I can help the country in some way," Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.
"Inventory?" Picking out a wardrobe at Nordstrom's? Compiling a list of top restaurants in a disaster area? MORE:
In the aftermath of the hurricane, critics complained about Brown's lack of formal emergency management experience and e-mails that later surfaced showed him as out of touch with the extent of the devastation.

The lawyer admits that while he was head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency mistakes were made in the response to Katrina. He also said he had been planning to quit before the hurricane hit.

"Hurricane Katrina showed how bad disasters can be, and there's an incredible need for individuals and businesses to understand how important preparedness is," he said.
That's true, he DOES have the perspective...although framing a business partially on "don't make the mistakes we made" is a novel concept. But if you've worked in an area like disaster preparedness you've seen some of what's needed and have to have an enhanced perspective...so he does have some things to offer.
Brown said companies already have expressed interested in his consulting business, Michael D. Brown LLC. He plans to run it from the Boulder area, where he lived before joining the Bush administration in 2001.

"I'm doing a lot of good work with some great clients," Brown said. "My wife, children and my grandchild still love me. My parents are still proud of me."

That's nice....

Big Train
11-26-2005, 11:24 AM
You know Lounge, it IS sort of a novel way to look at consulting and I would bet he ends up being MORE successful in gaining results than the average "Here my message" speaker. As someone who has sat through many of those, I can say it would be great to have someone whoyou can openly criticize instead of muttering under your breath.

It will keep those people much more awake, I can tell you that.

DrMaddVibe
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
If at first you don't succeed...

LoungeMachine
11-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
If at first you don't succeed...

......run for Governor of Texas ;)

LoungeMachine
11-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
You know Lounge, it IS sort of a novel way to look at consulting and I would bet he ends up being MORE successful in gaining results than the average "Here my message" speaker. As someone who has sat through many of those, I can say it would be great to have someone whoyou can openly criticize instead of muttering under your breath.

It will keep those people much more awake, I can tell you that.

I just think it's fucking comical how he needed to let us know his parents and his dog still love him :D

The guy is a clueless fuckup toadie.

Only in America :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
11-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
......run for Governor of Texas ;)

http://www.msu.edu/~santosdo/dean-freaks.wav

Nickdfresh
11-26-2005, 12:03 PM
When does Donald RUMSFELD start his military war-planning clinic?:)

blueturk
11-26-2005, 12:06 PM
And when does Dubya become an English professor?

LoungeMachine
11-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
http://www.msu.edu/~santosdo/dean-freaks.wav

I don't recall Ann Richards running 3 oil drilling companies into the ground [pun intended]

:cool:

LoungeMachine
11-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
And when does Dubya become an English professor?

AP

DICK CHENEY TO HEAD AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

:D