11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes, I believe in Dad. :)

Last_Child
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't believe in God.

End of story.

Ally_Kat
11-26-2005, 05:12 PM
oh noes. Another religion thread. :p I wonder if there will be fights in this one, too?

Jesus Christ
11-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
I don't believe in God.

End of story.

He'll be very sad to hear that :(

Jérôme Frenchise
11-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ

You creep! :p

franksters
11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I do believe...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by franksters
I do believe...

same.

DeadOrAlive
11-26-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm a follower too.

Terry
11-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Think there's something out there, some kind of force beyond our comprehension, at work.

Don't necessarily think it has anything to do with what's laid out in the Bible, Koran or whatever, though.

Last_Child
11-27-2005, 08:19 AM

Soul Reaper
11-27-2005, 08:25 AM
I belive in him....but it's his supposed all powerful nature that I am cynical about....

PHOENIX
11-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Jahuli
Who here believes in god?
i know i dont...

Discuss all ur beliefs here...

GOD LOVES MAN KILLS.

If you have no spirituality then you might as well jump off a bridge now.

Golden AWe
11-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Sun is our god.

Scientifically, our origin is in the stars. The basic atoms that we consist are only being "born" in the universe when a star explodes.

Jesus Christ
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Sun is our god.

Scientifically, our origin is in the stars. The basic atoms that we consist are only being "born" in the universe when a star explodes.

But who made the stars, My son? ;)

Axl S
11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
i believe in god and so does axl :)

((this is his girlfriend sharing his account...ari =) ))

nice to meet you all :P

Axl S
11-27-2005, 08:16 PM
i have to say i am a recent convert

franksters
11-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Axl S
i have to say i am a recent convert

What made you a believer?

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Jahuli
Who here believes in god?
i know i dont...

Discuss all ur beliefs here...

I don't know?

Personnaly, I've never seen HIM (or her)...
And on top of that, when I do, try to have some faith and dare asking for "a break" in life...
Well... HE JUST IGNORES ME!!!

So let's say that I beleive in god as much as he beleives in me....
And it would be much easier if he would just give me the tome of day, for a change!

Axl S
11-28-2005, 04:37 AM
What made you a believer?

My angel ariane :)

franksters
11-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Good one Axl S!
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I don't know?

And on top of that, when I do, try to have some faith and dare asking for "a break" in life...

And it would be much easier if he would just give me the tome of day, for a change!

Think about it, there are millions of people drinking soiled water , there is about 40 war going on right now on earth!

Even here in north america some people are starving...

think about it, it's not that bad after all. You have love, familly, health, friends, you travel, eat, surf the net, you have a car, a roof, rights, freedom, I say:

ALELUIA!!!

kentuckyklira
11-28-2005, 09:44 AM
I don´t believe in god.

Never have and never will!

kentuckyklira
11-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Yes, I believe in Dad. :) Aren´t you kind of mad that he let people nail you to a tree?

Axl S
11-28-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't know?

i dont wanna be preaching to you here bg but well you just gotta keep at it and eventualy god will help

franksters
11-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
I don´t believe in god.

Never have and never will!

never say never.

I know this is hard to understand for a person that as no spirituality in there own life, but god works in weird ways sometimes;)

kentuckyklira
11-28-2005, 09:54 AM
i dont wanna be preaching to you here bg but well you just gotta keep at it and eventualy god will help 25 years of sin here, and god don´t seem to mind!:D

Millermoos
11-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I like your theory GA.
Millermoos

franksters
11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Millermoos
I like your theory GA.
Millermoos

I like it too but then again where do the stars come from?

Than again people who claim that there is no god (no proof) are actually believers themselves, you and I can't change their faith in any way........... That makes them authentic true believers!

They probably have more faith in their beliefs than the regular Joe Shmoe who as faith in god.

GOD ALMIGHTY
11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
THE STARS COME FROM THE SAME SOURCE AS EVERYTHING ELSE, MY CHILD.

WHEN THOU WILT ASK FOR MINE HELP, THOU MUST ACT UPON THY FAITH IN ME.

IF THOU ART SICK, AND SEEK NOT THE ASSISTANCE OF A DOCTOR, BUT STAYETH THINE HAND FROM ATTEMPTS TO HEAL THYSELF, SAYING "THE LORD WILT SAVE ME", THEN THOU ART A FOOL, AND DESERVE TO DIE.

I CREATED MEDICINES TO HEAL THE SICK, DOCTORS TO CARE FOR THE SICK, AND SCIENCE FOR THEIR LEARNING, THAT THEY MAY HEAL IN MINE NAME.

TO IGNORE THE HEALERS WHO DO MINE BIDDING, IS TO INVITE SATAN AND DEATH INTO THINE HOUSE.
:mad:

THOU ART MISTAKEN.

IF MINE SERVANTS DO NOT WISH TO BELIEVE ON ME, THAT IS THEIR DECISION, AND THEY WILL NOT SUFFER GREATLY.

JUST AS A CHILD WHO BELIEVETH NOT ON SANTA CLAUSE MAY STILL RECEIVE GUIDANCE AND OR LOVE FROM IT'S PARENTS.

Golden AWe
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I like it too but then again where do the stars come from?

"Our galaxy, along with many others, contains many large clouds of gas and dust, mostly made up of hydrogen. These clouds are called "nebulae." If the cloud becomes large enough, then its own gravity begins to overcome the gas pressure, and the cloud can begin to collapse. As the cloud collapses, gravity, temperature, and pressure increase, until the cloud has collapsed enough to raise the temperature to that required to fuse (burn) the hydrogen. Once that fusion begins, the energy released halts the contraction, and the outer layers of gas are blown away. What's left is an incandescent ball of mostly hydrogen, set aglow by the fusion reactions in its core: a star."

Soul Reaper
11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
then where did the big bang come from?

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Good one Axl S!

Think about it, there are millions of people drinking soiled water , there is about 40 war going on right now on earth!

Even here in north america some people are starving...

think about it, it's not that bad after all. You have love, familly, health, friends, you travel, eat, surf the net, you have a car, a roof, rights, freedom, I say:

ALELUIA!!!

Oui Moman!...
:rolleyes:
:D

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
i dont wanna be preaching to you here bg but well you just gotta keep at it and eventualy god will help

But really, I know...
As far as I'm concerned, Franksters is right;
I've got love, freedom good health, husband and family and for that I AM thankfull...

But at this time... just not to God!

Axl S
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
is that what frankster ment?
what i got from it is that we have to thank god and believe in him.

you've got to thank him for the love you've got, the freedom and good heath and your husband and family...so in return of him giving you all those things you've got to pay him back by praying and believing in him.

im not very religious myself, i barley go to church but i do pray and thank god for everythin hes given me..but we've all got our own opinions

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
is that what frankster ment?
what i got from it is that we have to thank god and believe in him.

Yes, of course, Franksters ment to be thankfull to God...
Him and I have had this discussion around tables full of friends many times before...
And he has stated his opinion more than once.

Where he is right is that really, my life is far from being that bad and that I should be thankfull instead of dwelling (like I did in the previous thread).

Where we never seem to come to an agreement is as to exactly WHO or WHAT we should thank...

I don't like to argue... personnaly, I don't care at all about other's beleifs... as long as they "find what they need"!

Axl S
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM

I don't like to argue... personnaly, I don't care at all about other's beleifs... as long as they "find what they need"!

yea i agree

Terry
11-29-2005, 08:59 PM
never say never.

I know this is hard to understand for a person that as no spirituality in there own life, but god works in weird ways sometimes;)

Plenty of ways to be spiritual without professing belief in god. Or stepping into a church, for that matter.

Personally, got no prob with those who believe and those who don't. Do have a big fucking problem with those who believe trying to get their religious convictions passed as laws for all to follow. Fuck that shit.

franksters
11-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Plenty of ways to be spiritual without professing belief in god. Or stepping into a church, for that matter.

Personally, got no prob with those who believe and those who don't. Do have a big fucking problem with those who believe trying to get their religious convictions passed as laws for all to follow. Fuck that shit.

Than we have the same problem, religion / spirituality should be practice at home, not into public buildings...

Ozzy Fudd
12-02-2005, 08:41 PM
I have to say that when i was about 19 or so i thought there was no such thing and was close to calling it quits with life. it was Dec 2 1976 or 77 and My girlfriend just called me up and broke up with me an i found out she had this guy lined up for a long time. well i started to pray, curse and get real angry with this so called God for playing with me ( the whole thing if your really there why did you let this happen to me ) It's my birthday today you know. i said looking out my bed room window all heart broken tears running down my face and you can't even make it snow said. YOUR NOT REAL i yelled , just then my mother came in and asked if i was ok. i said yeah fine ma, and looked back out my window for some more chewing out this Gods ass.
well i was stopped dead in my tracks when i started to see snow flakes. put on my sneakers and went out side, it is snow and the Flakes were friggin huge too. and the Girlfriend thing was'nt bothering me ...At all! i went back to the house and for some reason went to bed. the next morning we got over 25 inches of snow. Gods way to say yes i am here and always have been. and i have to tell you that it has always snowed on December 2 even a flerry just a little reminder to me from God saying i am always here for you. and guess what it is doing out side my house right now Dec 2 2005 ......yup snowing so i thought i would get the word out that GOD is real and loves all of us more than we will ever know.
Love ya's
Ozz

Hardrock69
12-04-2005, 03:48 AM
Well regardless of HOW this universe was created or WHO or WHAT created it.....it is still an amazing piece of work!

:cool:

Jérôme Frenchise
12-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Just... re-member that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
and revolving at 900 miles an hour,
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
the sun that is the source of all our power.
The Sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
of the Galaxy we call the Milky Way.
Our Galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars,
it's 100,000 light-years side-to-side,
It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light-years thick,
but out by us it's just 3000 light-years wide.
We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point,
we go round every 200 million years,
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
in this amazing and expanding universe.
The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
in all of the directions it can whizz,
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So... re-member, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
how amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
because there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Well... :) As far as why and what for, there is nothing sure. Science can but explain causes and effects, to sum it up, whereas religion is mere interpretative speculation...
The universe could not not exist, as there cannot be nothing. Nothing, by definition, does not exist. Therefore, between everything and nothing, only everything can be. So the whole universe can but exist. Maybe too simple, but though... :D
Wondering why and what for is only human. Considering that the whole creation was meant for us all, that such an immensity was dedicated to our pinhead that we call Earth is sheer magalomania IMO... :D
I am sure of nothing about anything, but I like to think that creation has always been permanent, cyclical. Many physicians and astrophysicians built a theory that shows that before the big bang, there was the same kind of universe that we can observe - on our human scale. It expanded just as it is still expanding now, but ended up retracting progressively, until it was no bigger than a pinhead... All the energy of this universe, concentrated in a single point, until it blew up, the incommensurable strength of the explosion still working today.
That previous bang, according to these scientists, was certainly not the first one, but just one stage belonging to an endless cycle. We human beings tend to consider the principle that governs it all ("the Great Architect", "God", "Manitou", "Tao", physical laws, categories, "Nature", etc) as having schemes like ours. Just IMO again, I think it amounts to giving human attributes to the whole Everything. It's called anthropomorphism. In Genesis, it is written that "God created Man after His own image"... Just an anthropomorphical statement. It's rather the contrary: man created God after his own image... Yet, Taoists have a conception that is much more accurate, IMO. It's not far from pantheism which seems to be the most honest vision to me.

As for our place in the whole Everything, it is all speculation IMO. As conscious beings, we cannot stand our condition that allows us to more or less perceive infinity together with our finite individual existence. So we've built up scenarios to help us to overcome our existential despair...
Religions have helped humans for ages. But very frankly, I see beliefs as the grown-up version of children's belief in Santa Claus. Though, I will never discourage a believer; I will only argue scathingly with some holy Joe who will look down on me because I am no faithful. I am certain of nothing but the one thing I know for sure is no one will ever hold "the" truth about a supposed purpose in the universe. So, I will never let anyone try and convince or persuade me that their conception is the one. :cool:
That said, I was raised in a Catholic family, went to a Catholic school until I was 14. I quickly rebelled against the absurdity of Christianity and any other religion, and I got rid of religion by reading, wondering, meditatiing and doubting. It's not over yet. I'm afraid I won't ever stop doubting. :)