PDA

View Full Version : Women in Love (the song)

DLRDUDE
11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I was listening to VH 2 today, is that song Women in love about bisexual women?

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
dude, you should check out songmeanings.net. its cool, its a forum that discusses song meanings. its down though :( I dont know DLRDUDE, thats a good question, and it seems like a very valid way to look at a classic song.

PHOENIX
11-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Wrong forum!

Moving this.

Caged
11-26-2005, 07:45 PM
The song, written by Dave, is about a woman who chooses to have sex with another woman for sexual preference over "true love" with her man. "Seems like loving you is just a crazy dream, but do as you feel."
AND "Oh baby, make up your mind.
I know you're in love,
so, baby, make up your mind.
Scream, go on and scream that your love is all you're
knowin'.
But, honey, if you're needing a woman just as bad as me,
you ought to be goin'"

The lyrics are pretty easy for CVH standards. :D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-26-2005, 07:50 PM
awesome... i wish they made a video for this song :D haha.

vheddyrmv8
11-26-2005, 10:50 PM
That might inspire spammy to make a "man on a mission" vid...I don't want to see that...

blueturk
11-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't know...I've been listening to this song for a long time and I think it's one of Dave's more tongue in cheek odes to groupies. I could be wrong, but I always thought Dave was singing "but honey if you need me woman just as bad as me, you oughtta be goin'". I figured that's why he almost cracks up when he says "me". What the hell, I could be full of shit. :D

light 'em up!
11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
I think it's "but honey if you needing woman just as bad as me, you oughtta be goin'"

and yes, Ed, in a 1979 interview affirmed that it's got a lesbian "twist".

Caged
11-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I think it's what I wrote originally. :D Since it's directly from the lyrics posted in the discography section of the roth army.

Nickdfresh
11-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
I think it's "but honey if you needing woman just as bad as me, you oughtta be goin'"

and yes, Ed, in a 1979 interview affirmed that it's got a lesbian "twist".

Since when does ED know anything about lyrics...:D

I think he stated that he doesn't know most of the lyrics (to DAVE's chagrin I read in a later interview).

But, while the song may have a bi-sexual groupie twist, I think it's about groupies in general, and the constant conflict and duality of sex and love. And the suckers like ALEX that fall in love with a groupie only to discover she's seen more ass than a toilet seat, or that previously unbeknownst to you, you're friend/leadsinger has nailed her before.

Caged
11-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I do recall an interview where Ed did say that Dave was great for coming up with some wild stuff. Not only that, but all of VH2, WACF and most of FW Id say was written soley by Dave.

MAX
11-27-2005, 11:30 PM
All I know tis' "Women in Love" has one of the coolest harmonic intros eva. :cool:

Sides, it's fuckin' Dave. What more needs to be said?

VHII rawks like no other.

Caged
11-28-2005, 08:04 AM
One of the truly best vocal VH records evah! Light Up the Sky, Outta Love Again and Women in Love are vocal treasures. (never performed live again too...) :(

diamondclaudio
11-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Check out classicvh.com-discography.There they tell about that ex-girlfriend Dave found with another woman.

Whistling Dixie
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I love this song. I have heard that there is supposed to be some sexual innuendo to it but it seems that it is just in that one line.
I don't know why Dave would have said "You better be goin" instead of "Call up your girlfriend and let's party"!

Jurak
12-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Yer not just whistlin dixie.....

Bwahahahahaahahaha............ :D

ELVIS
12-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Whistling Dixie

I don't know why Dave would have said "You better be goin" instead of "Call up your girlfriend and let's party"!

Because he has a brain...

Caged
12-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Anderson, Walkman, Butthole and How!

Caged
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
God was drunk when he created a woman. Why else would he put the snack bar so close to the outhouse?

yeah I know, its not funny. blah...

Caged
12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
anybody? anything? nothing!

Ok, St Vincents Medical Facilty has been dumping medical waste on my property. Enjoy the freedom that comes with the sale of very large vegetables? Or complain about the skin rash?

discuss.