PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (1974)

Dirty Duck
11-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Being a huge fan of film...I caught the remake the other day on cable. I was suprised that it held my attention for so long. Not bad for a remake let me tell ya. It made me think of the old classic. What a movie! Scared me when i first saw it at 12...still gives me the creeps today. Anyone else a fan of this film? The sequels? The remake? Lets start them chainsaws people....

Jérôme Frenchise
11-27-2005, 04:17 PM
I saw the original movie with pals when I was 15. Awesome memory! :cool:
I bought the DVD 2 years ago. I've never seen any sequel, haven't seen the remake. I'm not fond of remakes. But if I ever come upon it on TV, I'll sure watch it.

jhale667
11-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I've only seen the remake, but with Jessica Biel in a wet T-shirt for two hours, it was worth it! ;)

Axl S
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
The original is a fucking classic,i saw it when i was 12 and it scared the shit outa me.the remake i was expecting shit.i was surprised,it wasn't that bad at all.although it was a different kind of film.not a patch on the original though

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 01:32 AM
And what's really scary about that, is the fact that "those people" really exist... in Texas!!!
:eek:

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
And what's really scary about that, is the fact that "those people" really exist... in Texas!!!

Ho! and... Sorry for all the good people of Texas...
I was just reffering to the only Texan I know, the one most of us hate...
:mad:

Axl S
11-28-2005, 04:39 AM
wasn't leather face based on ed gien (spelling?)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
11-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Ho! and... Sorry for all the good people of Texas...
I was just reffering to the only Texan I know, the one most of us hate...
:mad:

fuck you :)

m_dixon1984
11-28-2005, 04:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

It's actually Gein. Leather Face from TCM, the movie Psycho, Buffalo Bill and Francis Dolarhyde from Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon, are all based on Ed Gein or his crimes. He was one sick puppy.

M

m_dixon1984
11-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Oh, yeah, and the movies House of 1000 Corpses and the newest one Devil's Rejects are both based on his crimes. I love these two movies. Terrific characters!
M

Axl S
11-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Oh, yeah, and the movies House of 1000 Corpses and the newest one Devil's Rejects are both based on his crimes. I love these two movies. Terrific characters!
M

i cringed my way through those 2,they were pretty bad

Axl S
11-28-2005, 05:08 AM
i watched a film about gein the other day.pretty bad stuff,he was really messed up.i was laughing when he was dancing around in other peoples skins,that was some funny shit

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

Fuck ME, for hating Bush and stating that HE IS an inbred?

Wake up to the world outside Florida (there is one, look at a map)...

No, the whole world want YOU to fuck off...
You, Bush lover/voter...

Why don't you go suck his (and his horse's) dicks while you're at it!
:)

Mr. Vengeance
11-28-2005, 10:52 AM
The Original is the only one I've seen and the only one I ever need to see. That original movie is the creepiest, sweat inducing and claustrophobic movie I've ever seen. The scene where Leatherface is chasing the guy through the field is just fantastic! You just feel as if you're the one being chased.

Many may not be aware that the voice of the narrator is none other than John Laroquette.

Dirty Duck
11-28-2005, 01:22 PM
I loved the orginal...didnt care for the sequel with Dennis Hopper (although the beginning of the film is excellent!)..liked "Leatherface"..enjoyed the remake. The orginal is bar none one of the best horror films out there. I love the way It's filmed. Very documentary looking. Thanks for the info on the narrator Mr. Vengence...I did not know that! My favorite shot in that film is at the end with Leatherface having a temper tantrum while swinging his chainsaw around with the sun in the background...i love sun spot shots!!!

Axl S
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
thats how thay all end isnt it?,i remember a few weeks back i watched the 4th one.leatherface is a cross dressing retard in that its so stupid

Dirty Duck
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
AXL S....I know which one you're talking about. That was a real piece of shit. It never made it to the movies and it did dick on VHS. Sequels! What a crock....

Axl S
11-28-2005, 04:25 PM
with fucking rene zellweger.and what was with the guy and his remote control legs?,and the guy with the nipples.

DeadOrAlive
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U

HAHAHAHA Short and sweet, even dummed it down for them to understand. The Smiley just made it priceless. Anyways, carry on.

DeadOrAlive
11-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh, and I only saw the remake. I want to see the original, but oh well. The remake was pretty good even though I expected it to be shit. Definately one of the better remakes out there.

Terry
11-28-2005, 08:38 PM
That part where the main chick (think her name is Marilyn Burns or some such shit) is being held for Grandpa to whop on the head...man, still fuckin' disturbs me to this day. About the only movie that gives me the same kinda creeps is I Spit On Your Grave.

Couldn't be bothered to see the remake. What's the point? Original Massacre nailed it just fine. Saw both of the sequels once a piece, but nuttin' too memorable.

blonddgirl777
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
HAHAHAHA Short and sweet, even dummed it down for them to understand...

Nope!
Simply spoke the only 2 words ever thought to him by his Mama...
So simps from the other coast (like YOU) could relate!

jhale667
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Terry
That part where the main chick (think her name is Marilyn Burns or some such shit) is being held for Grandpa to whop on the head...man, still fuckin' disturbs me to this day. About the only movie that gives me the same kinda creeps is I Spit On Your Grave.

'I spit on your grave' is messed up on several levels! Creepy (Plus the main chick's muff is just frightening...even by my standards)!:eek: :eek: :eek:

DeadOrAlive
11-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Nope!
Simply spoke the only 2 words ever thought to him by his Mama...
So simps from the other coast (like YOU) could relate!

Please, dont try to ruin a great thread. It'd be a shame for someone like YOU to ruin a thread about a great movie. Carry on!

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
The orginal was so realistic I truly thought the girl really lost her mind at the end....that's how much it affected me as a kid...

blonddgirl777
11-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Please, dont try to ruin a great thread. It'd be a shame for someone like YOU to ruin a thread about a great movie. Carry on!

Don't "please" me here...
I don't need to ruin this thread,
You just did... by joining it!

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 12:14 PM
The remake was total shit, that movie is one that should have been exempt from getting remade, it was shit, but i said that already.
I firmly believe that the 7th heaven chick being in a film is the kiss of death for it, and her wearing a wet-T was not enough to save it.

If you missed the original and only saw the remake, boy are you in for a surprise. The '74 film defines what the word "Macabre" truly means.

I saw the original as way too young of a child and that movie absolutely made me one morbid son of a bitch.
When anyone got hit with a hammer, you felt the thud in your seat as though YOU had been hit with that hammer, it was fucked up how it made you feel.

And being hung on a meat hook alive?

That movie was disturbing on so many levels it is a must see.

I haven't seen The Devil's Rejects yet, but House of 1000 Corpses was the only film since that managed to even come close in capturing what TCM did so well.

The sequels were all shit by the way. they made the same mistake they did with Halloween's Michael Myers by trying to humanize Leatherface.
They were both much more effective as characters that had no human qualities or reasoning to their madness.

m_dixon1984
11-30-2005, 12:56 PM
The Devil's Rejects is not as good a movie as House of 1000 Corpses but I love the characters so much I still recommend you see it. They've taken the mystery out of who these wackos are which makes it far less disturbing/horrific but I love the fucked up clown guy so much I had to rent it.

Still, nothing quite compares to TCM. Others have tried but it's that home movie, zero star power, low-budget thing that makes it so real and believable. Although I love Psycho it never really scared me. TCM had me freaked out the first time I saw it. 2 dismembered thumbs way up!!

M

Dirty Duck
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Cathedral...what's up brother? Good response...no bullshit..right to the point! I like that. Although Im a huge fan of the orginal I don't think the remake was THAT bad. I HATE remakes..not a fan. So it was really odd for me to like the remake. Remember the remake of PSYCHO? Christ...now THAT was a piece of shit! Eiether way the orginal chainsaw rules...and we've had some pretty good responses here. Rock on...

jhale667
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
One thing I DID like about the remake was the camera shot THROUGH the girl's head after she kills herself in the beginning....that was disturbing!

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
Cathedral...what's up brother? Good response...no bullshit..right to the point! I like that. Although Im a huge fan of the orginal I don't think the remake was THAT bad. I HATE remakes..not a fan. So it was really odd for me to like the remake. Remember the remake of PSYCHO? Christ...now THAT was a piece of shit! Eiether way the orginal chainsaw rules...and we've had some pretty good responses here. Rock on...

Not much, hangin out, browsing the employment ads, lol. too much time on my hands, ya know?

I don't mean to take away from the enjoyment factor of remakes, I just didn't like TCM Mach II...But that is mostly due to my being a purist on a lot of things.
My biggest beef was that 7th Heaven chick, bad casting in my opinion because she sucks as a movie star, but is great in TV roles.
That was a strike from the start for me...then some parts of the story just never got off the ground.
But the biggest beef, the treatment of Leatherface in the script...It rubbed me wrong the way they remade him.

DeadOrAlive
12-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Don't "please" me here...
I don't need to ruin this thread,
You just did... by joining it!

You made a point and I had a response to it. Simple as that. If you want, carry this somewhere else. We're here to talk about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

blonddgirl777
12-01-2005, 12:18 AM
You made a point and I had a response to it. Simple as that. If you want, carry this somewhere else. We're here to talk about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Then go on... talk about it!
:rolleyes:

franksters
12-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah and what is so gr8 about this movie in the first place?

I always found it excrutiatingly boring...

blonddgirl777
12-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by franksters
Yeah and what is so gr8 about this movie in the first place?

I always found it excrutiatingly boring...

It is sort of a "cult movie"... one of the commercial ones, anyway.
When I lived in Calif., it was kind of a trend...
You know... years ago!
:o

DeadOrAlive
12-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Then go on... talk about it!

HAHA Already did. Quit fucking up the place.

blonddgirl777
12-01-2005, 10:26 AM
HAHA Already did. Quit fucking up the place.

I hope you grow up to be a smart young man who can comprehend simple facts like:
people don't just "quit on will"...
You won't get everything your way just 'cause you ask for it!

Tough!
;)

Dirty Duck
12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Guys cant we all get along? We's talkin's chainsaw's here's!!!!

Mr. Vengeance
12-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Word!!! Why has this thread about a great film been hyjacked??

DeadOrAlive
12-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Someone stated an opinion, that's pretty much it.

CHAINSAW TIME! I finally saw the original... Absolutely fantastic I must say. I was suprised because it was of pretty good quality for an aged movie.

blonddgirl777
12-01-2005, 09:36 PM
O.K, O.K..."Chainsaw"!!!
ZZZzzzz......ZZZzzzz.....

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 09:06 AM
There are other threads to visit BLONDEGIRL ya know...

blonddgirl777
12-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
There are other threads to visit BLONDEGIRL ya know...

I didn't know that, but thanks for telling me...

B.T.W...
I thought I wrote: "CHAINSAW" ???
Can't read?
(the Zzzzz... are not sleepy sounds but CHAINSAW sounds!!!)

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry BLONDEGIRL...my mistake. Stay as long as you want! : )
I didn't know that, but thanks for telling me...

B.T.W...
I thought I wrote: "CHAINSAW" ???
Can't read?
(the Zzzzz... are not sleepy sounds but CHAINSAW sounds!!!)