PDA

View Full Version : You are shitting in my mouth and calling it a sanday! Or vhforums is for pussies?

kennyboy
03-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Those package deals on their website? Geez, what a fuckin' handjob w/o release! Such money grubbin bullshit.

Subtopic: Is vhforums for pussies?*

*This is a scientific study for my thesis. Please don't be a dick and interfere with my data gathering.

Panamark
03-31-2004, 04:01 AM
Is this something we can understand without visiting Spammy's forums ? Please elaborate.

Dr. Love
03-31-2004, 04:03 AM
I think the former is a reference to http://www.van-halen.com/ ?

Dr. Love
03-31-2004, 04:05 AM
yeah, check it out, here's the 5-star package.

Five Star

You're not just a fan. You're a fanatic.
There's nothing like it - the noise, the magic of being backstage while the crew runs around setting things up before a rock show. And you'll be there in the middle of it all. You'll be taken around as the riggers are in the rafters, the guitar techs get things tuned, and you are privy to Van Halen's inner sanctum. You'll even get a sneak peek of the show at Van Halen's sound check! Then, hang out at an exclusive party having a bite, having a drink, and collecting your special Van Halen package of goodies. Finally, it's out front to your seat in the first 10 rows while Eddie, Alex, Michael and Sammy rock you harder than you've ever been rocked before!

Each Five Star Package Includes:

1 Ticket in the First Ten (10) Rows
Five Star Laminate
Backstage Tour**
Pre-Show Party**
Soundcheck
Early Visit to the Merchandise Stand
Exclusive Van Halen T-shirt
Tour Program

Dr. Love
03-31-2004, 04:06 AM
Big difference between 5 star and 4 star

Four Star

Time to enjoy the Van Halen live experience IN STYLE.
Ready to rock? Good, 'cause you know the band is!

Each Four Star Package Includes:

1 Ticket in the First Twenty (20) Rows
Four Star Laminate

ORDER NOW! (Maximum QTY: 4) QTY:

Four Star Package Price: $0.00
**Wear your Four Star laminate at the show for possible additional surprises.

Panamark
03-31-2004, 05:05 AM
If Brad's behind this, buyer beware ! Theres probably one real ticket and hundreds for sale.. Im thinking Peavey Guitar Giveaway !!! :p

ThrillsNSpills
03-31-2004, 08:39 AM
You get a cheese-hat to wear so you can sway your arms to
Can't stop Lovin You.

You also get Richard Simmons sweat to the AOR hits till the dildo falls out of your asshole.

You also get a Sammy+VH shirt, we're number 2 .

You can bob your head like a bobblehead and "oooooo" and "nah nah " with the best of em to Why can't this be Roth and OUMissHim2.

Lou
03-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I did not see an opportunity to meet the band included in all of that. You may get to go physically backstage but it doesn't say the band's gonna be there to meet you.

My point is, someone who reads this will probably infer an opportunity to meet the band when it's not happening. I can't see Eddie at all willing to converse with strangers.

Dr. Love
03-31-2004, 02:54 PM
He conversed with me for a good hour. On the III tour, they did fan meets.

PHOENIX
03-31-2004, 03:18 PM
I'd like to meet Sammy Hagar. He could autograph my pimply ass.:D

ZahZoo
03-31-2004, 03:22 PM
No guarantee to meet the band... although having been backstage a few times, during setups and sound checks the band mingles around a lot and talks with people. I would imagine you'd get a word in with them.

Too bad Dave doesn't do stuff like this or interact with the fans anymore...

Bob_R
03-31-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
He conversed with me for a good hour. On the III tour, they did fan meets.

What did you converse with him about Doc?

Dr. Love
03-31-2004, 04:12 PM
Basically at the time my dad worked for American Airlines, who has a "celebrity list" who is flying. My dad noticed that EVH was on it so we snuck back to the VIP room that he was in between flights.

Um, it was June '96, about maybe a week and a half before the whole thing blew up about Sammy leaving and he told us that they had fired Sammy, that he wouldn't work anymore and that he couldn't deal with it. We talked about that for a little bit.

He was just coming back from a Peavey factory and talked about his guitar for a little bit. He said I should buy his guitars and amps because they sounded great, etc, etc.

I had some tab books I wanted him to sign and he thumbed through them and said he didn't know this sort of stuff existed, so I explained to him how to read tab. I had brought a VH/VHII tab book and he flipped to a page and said, "This must be Eruption." and at the top of the page it said, "SPANISH FLY" (I didn't correct him.)

He asked us what we wanted to hear, and we told him we wanted to hear more of the old stuff since they never played it with Sam. We also asked who was going to sing, but before he told us, he was cut off by a lady that had been in the room with him. I dunno what her function was, but she told Ed not to say anything before it was official. He asked her who we were going to tell and told us that the person they had would be singing the old stuff and that we'd be very pleased with it.

I think that's about all we talked about. It was right about an hour, and we shook his hand and excused ourselves and thanked him for his time and apologized for bothering him.

It was a pretty cool experience, but when he started going on TV saying that Sam had quit, I was like, "what?"

Full Bug
03-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I can't see Eddie at all willing to converse with strangers.
He will only converse if you praise his son as the next Alex or Eddie or the son of god.....Didnt you hear?