PDA

View Full Version : Sensible Shoes

WARF
11-30-2005, 01:01 PM
<style>.hov:hover{background-color:yellow}</style><div id='Title' style='font:bold 11px verdana'><h1 style='font:bold 13px;display:inline'>Watch Video:</h1><a class='hov' style='display:block;width:300px;border:solid 2px black;padding:5px' <p><embed name='RAOCXplayer' src='http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/d/david_lee_roth/sensible_shoes_209353.asx' type='application/x-mplayer2' width='300' height='300' autoplay='true' ShowControls='1' ShowStatusBar='0' loop='true' EnableContextMenu='0' DisplaySize='0' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/'></embed></a><p style="margin:3px 0px"><a

DLR7884
11-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Sweet video.

DLR7884
We need more threads of DLR vids!

WARF
11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Sweet video.

DLR7884
We need more threads of DLR vids!

big fat sammy was holding out on us!

boy, u stupid
11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
I had a hand in the design and production of that video. We did it at Burbanks Studio. Did the whole thing in a little over 2 days.

WARF
11-30-2005, 02:18 PM
LMAO!!!!

DLR7884
11-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by boy, u stupid
I had a hand in the design and production of that video. We did it at Burbanks Studio. Did the whole thing in a little over 2 days.

No you didn't.

DLR7884
Nope.

boy, u stupid
11-30-2005, 02:32 PM
This was right around the time Pete Angelous was starting to fade out. I also helped with ALAE vid. That was my Jeep in the beginning. Just sold it a few months ago actually.

WARF
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
There is also something I wanted to make clear.

I was somewhat responsible in the writing process for NO BIG TING.
I was also the dude walking in the highway, in the "SHE'S MY MACHINE" video... while the cars dropped out of the sky.
Next Question?

DLR7884
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Silly us, we should be kissing your ass.

DLR7884
What would make such a superstar like you want to live in a city like Evans, PA?

WARF
11-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Sending to NATRA-------------->

DavidLeeNatra
12-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by WARF
Sending to NATRA-------------->

thank you very mucho...reminds me again, why I loved that fucking song from the first moment and still call it one of my all time favorites...

WARF
12-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I hated this fucking song when it was first released.
And right is the first time I've really listened to it since 1991.
Woah... this song is fucking good... it's the kinda song that could win a grammy. I just think it was released at the wrong time... people were already gettin' into grunge and I hate to say it... but I think Dave's solo career on a popular scale... was maybe thought as hairband music after SKYSCRAPER.

It's great stuff though...

DavidLeeNatra
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I hated this fucking song when it was first released.
And right is the first time I've really listened to it since 1991.
Woah... this song is fucking good... it's the kinda song that could win a grammy. I just think it was released at the wrong time... people were already gettin' into grunge and I hate to say it... but I think Dave's solo career on a popular scale... was maybe thought as hairband music after SKYSCRAPER.

It's great stuff though...

dave's turn to skyscraper was already too unexpected for the major public...so was his "blue" side he made up with ALAE...and yes, dave was so much concidered as "hairband music" that the critics never got his real potential...

I remember a review from ALAE when it was released and now think that the reviewer had written it before ever listening to the album...it got 1 point out of 6 possible...it's more solid than EEAS and skyscraper...yes...the musicians may be better on the first two and VAI and sheehan did incredible things but ALAE goes deeper...

WARF
12-01-2005, 07:17 PM
The only album I don't listen to is Diamond Dave.
It just pissed me off, we waited five years for one original song... and it was a leftover from the DLR Band sessions.
I don't expect a nasterpiece ala FAIR WARNING at this point in his career... but I'd like to hear at minimal at return to his Van Halen routes (Slam Dunk!)

DavidLeeNatra
12-01-2005, 07:54 PM
The only album I don't listen to is Diamond Dave.
It just pissed me off, we waited five years for one original song... and it was a leftover from the DLR Band sessions.
I don't expect a nasterpiece ala FAIR WARNING at this point in his career... but I'd like to hear at minimal at return to his Van Halen routes (Slam Dunk!)

diamond dave is an album made for...well...diamond dave...it's that kind of "I'd always wanted to sing these songs and I don't give a fuck if anybody wants to hear me singing them"-albums...but I'd like to have an original album. too...don't need a "kickassrockalbum" but I want something NEW!!!

but that would take some good musicians around him, especially a good guitar player and I don't know if brian can fit in this role...

WARF
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm getting tired of atomic punk guitar players getting sent through the FARM SYSTEM like major league baseball, to the DLR Band.
I always sneer when Brian Young does ERUPTION on tour... it's sacred ground right there. I wouldn't mind it if it was doe by VAI... but the fact he hasn't recorded a single RIFF since his tenure with the band... makes it feel a bit contrived.

NATEDOG001976
12-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Warf, I'm gonna call you king video man...lol

WARF
12-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I was thinking about starting WARFtv... playing non-stop music vids!

DlocRoth
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
All WARF...

All nite...

Nice....