PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Paying Iraqi Editors To Publish Propaganda

blueturk
11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Bush-style demoocracy in action...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0511300264nov30,1,6049966.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

U.S. military paying Iraqi editors to publish propaganda

By Mark Mazzetti and Borzou Daragahi, Tribune Newspapers: Los Angeles Times. Mark Mazzetti reported from Washington and Borzou Daragahi from Baghdad
Published November 30, 2005

WASHINGTON -- As part of an information offensive inside Iraq, the U.S. military is secretly paying Iraqi newspaper editors to publish stories written by U.S. troops in an effort to burnish the image of the American mission within Iraq.

Working with a private defense contractor, military officials in Iraq are having articles written by "information operations" troops translated into Arabic and then placed in newspapers around Baghdad, according to U.S. military officials and documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times.

Many of the articles are presented as legitimate news accounts in the Iraqi press. The newspapers are paid for publishing the stories, which trumpet the successes of U.S. and Iraqi troops, denounce insurgents and tout U.S.-led efforts to rebuild the country.

The operation is designed to mask any connection with the U.S. military. The military has a contract with a small Washington-based firm called Lincoln Group, which is involved in the translation and placement of the stories. The Iraqi staff of the defense contractor or its subcontractors sometimes pose as freelance reporters or advertising executives.

The campaign has sparked a backlash among senior military officers both in Iraq and at the Pentagon who argue that attempts to subvert the news media could destroy the U.S. military's credibility.

"Here we are trying to create the principles of democracy in Iraq. Every speech we give in that country is about democracy. And we're breaking all the first principles of democracy when we're doing it," said a senior Pentagon official who opposes elements of the campaign.

According to military officials familiar with the effort, much of it is directed by the "Information Operations Task Force" in Baghdad, part of the multinational corps headquarters commanded by Army Lt. Gen. John R. Vines. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are critical of the effort and are not authorized to speak publicly about it.

A spokesman for Vines declined to comment for this article. A Lincoln Group spokesman also declined to comment, saying that it is company policy not to comment on details of its military contracts.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
This practice was done throughout WWII with good results...

It's pretty much standard military practice...

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 07:39 PM
It's disturbing, but these two "journalists" seem to have more information than anyone else on the details. For one, it has not been confirmed that anyone was paid to run these stories, at least no official word beyond this article at this point.
Two, I'd like to see copies of any of these articles to determine if the reporting was true or not (this is an important detail to me), and Third, what what i do know about it, it has been confirmed that this story is indeed valid, but lacking anything officially confirming some key elements of the story.

I will be interested in further developements on this story before i begin drawing any personal conclusions.

Oh, and there is a Fifth point to make....Do you have a personal opinion on this blueturk, or is it just to get a response to pounce on before you weigh in on this?
I find it a tad amusing how these copy and paste articles are intended to float on their own for awhile after the author of a thread finds it important enough to post in the first place.
What i mean by this is, you posted it, so i'm interested in your take on it personally. :)

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Ah, point number Six, Thanks Elvis...:)
I always forget something, especially now that i'm trying to limit my posts to fewer words, lol.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I find it a tad amusing how these copy and paste articles are intended to float on their own for awhile after the author of a thread finds it important enough to post in the first place.
What i mean by this is, you posted it, so i'm interested in your take on it personally. :)

I find it a tad amusing that when I post an article, people tend to think I agree with the content...

:elvis:

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I try to avoid posting articles because i don't usually agree with any of the content.
Why? because in todays media they tend to pick and choose what is considered news, therefore i only end up feeling half informed, and only informed with what jives with the journaistic agenda.

Hence my total distrust in ALL media sources.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, I get a laugh out of it all...;)

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Me too... <---see, short and right to the point, uh huhuh.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 08:04 PM
:D

FORD
11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
And if you think this kind of shit is only in Iraqi papers, you are delusional.....

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
It's in the Seattle Times, obviously...:rolleyes:

Warham
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
You are right, FORD. The New York Times has been putting out propaganda for the DNC for the last thirty years.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
That's a true statement...

blueturk
11-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Oh, and there is a Fifth point to make....Do you have a personal opinion on this blueturk, or is it just to get a response to pounce on before you weigh in on this?

My take on this is that it is yet another example of the Bush administration trying to make the (in this case Iraqi) public believe that this war is going much better than it really is. "Mission Accomplished" photo-ops, Medals Of Freedom for some of the architects of the war, constantly changing reasons for the war...the list goes on and on. To me, this is more Orwellian (an overused word, but quite fitting) bullshit from a man who I honestly think has no idea what the hell he is doing. I swear to God, sometimes I think he's just winging it....

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And if you think this kind of shit is only in Iraqi papers, you are delusional.....

Hence my well drawn conclusion that "ALL MEDIA SUCKS, PERIOD!"

And please, please, please don't try to tell me that the Democratic Media is any better, brother, cause that dog wont walk much less hunt.

blueturk
11-30-2005, 09:16 PM

It's ludicrous to compare this war to World War II. How good were the results of this practice during The Vietnam War?

blueturk
11-30-2005, 09:20 PM

And please, please, please don't try to tell me that the Democratic Media is any better, brother, cause that dog wont walk much less hunt.

Which is one reason I use quotes so much, to Warham's dismay. People may not believe the media, but how can they dispute the words that come from the mouth of these fuckers?

We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003

"I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, June 24, 2003

FORD
11-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Warham
You are right, FORD. The New York Times has been putting out propaganda for the DNC for the last thirty years.

Judith WhoreMiller wasn't working for the DNC.

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
My take on this is that it is yet another example of the Bush administration trying to make the (in this case Iraqi) public believe that this war is going much better than it really is. "Mission Accomplished" photo-ops, Medals Of Freedom for some of the architects of the war, constantly changing reasons for the war...the list goes on and on. To me, this is more Orwellian (an overused word, but quite fitting) bullshit from a man who I honestly think has no idea what the hell he is doing. I swear to God, sometimes I think he's just winging it....

Very nice post, I personally appreciate your honesty and i do agree on many counts with this assessment.
I voted for the man twice, one vote i wouldn't take back, but the last one i would.
He stumbles too much for me to believe he has a full grip on the reality of the situation, and that isn't a slam on his speaking ability, i'm referring to his confidence and consistancy of knowledge of the facts as I have learned them to be..

FORD
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM

I can't tell you that.

Because there is no "Democratic Media".

Outside of Air America Radio and the Nation anyway.....

blueturk
11-30-2005, 09:23 PM

Which is one reason I use quotes so much (to Warham's dismay). People may not believe the media, but how can they dispute the words that come from the mouths of these fuckers?

"We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003

"I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, June 24, 2003

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Which is one reason I use quotes so much, to Warham's dismay. People may not believe the media, but how can they dispute the words that come from the mouth of these fuckers?

We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003

Desire to possess them?
yes, I'm very sure he had desire, but even I know without anyone saying a thing that he didn't yet have the ability or the technological brain power on staff to start such a program.

Damn, I don't even have to read the quotes you just posted again to see the word play involved, for instance, the use of the phrase "we believe" as opposed to "we know, or, "we verified", etc. etc. etc.

Legally, you can't argue someone's beliefs, so they in essence aren't telling a lie...but I expect more from MY President and Vice President than that.

Cathedral
11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I can't tell you that.

Your bound to get run over by a truck with blinders that big on your head, Ford.
ALL MEDIA SUCKS!
There, i loosened a strap for you, now get those things off your head. :)

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
I can't tell you that.

Air Anonymous is leftist propaganda...

Warham
11-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Which is one reason I use quotes so much (to Warham's dismay). People may not believe the media, but how can they dispute the words that come from the mouths of these fuckers?

"We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003

Doesn't bother me any if you use quotes. When I read your posts, I just use the Quote Remover®. Usually all that's left are a few punctuation marks and maybe an emoticon here or there. Makes for easy reading.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 09:44 PM
It works like this...

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 10:00 PM

:rolleyes:

jesus.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Doesn't bother me any if you use quotes. When I read your posts, I just use the Quote Remover®. Usually all that's left are a few punctuation marks and maybe an emoticon here or there. Makes for easy reading.

Truth hurts, dont it?

Kills you to read what a bunch of lying sacks of shit you support.

Warham
11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Who the hell listens to Air America anyway?

I'm sure Rush has more liberals that tune into his show than Air America gets to tune into any of their 3rd rate shows.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 10:06 PM

I'm sure Rush has more liberals that tune into his show than Air America gets to tune into any of their 3rd rate shows.

Their ratings are going up.......

FAUX are going down..........

Who listens to AA?

Americans who posses IQs above room temperature :cool:

I don't doubt for one moment you're a fucking Ditto Head :rolleyes:

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 10:06 PM
True...

Warham
11-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Truth hurts, dont it?

Kills you to read what a bunch of lying sacks of shit you support.

No, I'm tired of reading quotes that have been circulated and regurgitated repeatedly.

Warham
11-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Their ratings are going up.......

FAUX are going down..........

Who listens to AA?

Americans who posses IQs above room temperature :cool:

I don't doubt for one moment you're a fucking Ditto Head :rolleyes:

FOX's ratings aren't going down.

Air America's barely got a pulse.

Yep, I enjoy Rush for entertainment, which is what it's intended to be. More more entertaining than that cunt, Al Franken.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
True...

Thanks, E. :D

I appreciate you admitting that :cool:

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Al Franken is totally un-funny...

He's not trying to be funny, except for the Oi oi oi show which sucks sucks sucks!

Al Franken Empties The Room

NYC Convention Annoyed With Rambling Speech

What does it take for an award-receiving talk show host to empty a room full of radio industry leaders and supporters?

Air America host and alleged comedian Al Franken managed to do just that over the weekend, with a long and rambling speech that had both liberals and conservatives, bolting from the facility.

TALKERS magazine publisher Michael Harrison (l) and Air America talk host Al Franken (r) during the Freedom of Speech Award ceremony at the Friday evening cocktail party. Photo and caption from Talkers Magazine, www.talkers.com.

John Mainelli of the New York Post kicked off coverage with an item today, while the Radio Equalizer has been hearing from industry leaders, contributing their versions of what happened.

What was expected of Franken and who's to blame for the unhappy result? It turns out the answer isn't as simple as might be expected.

Each year Talkers Magazine, a Mass.-based industry trade publication, holds the New Media Seminar in Manhattan for talk show hosts, syndicators and other talk radio industry professionals.

Leading into this year's event, there was considerable concern from some quarters, that it would be hijacked by liberal talk radio interests. That's what happened at another talk radio convention earlier this year.

Those fears, which kept some talk radio people from attending this year, apparently turned out to be warranted.

Franken's acceptance of the annual Freedom of Speech award, a murky offering usually designed to drum up publicity rather than actually make a free speech statement, was asking for trouble.

Somehow, he got the idea he was there to deliver a full-blown political tirade, rather than a simple and polite thanks.

He attacked conservative talk hosts by name, for especially petty reasons, such as who claimed to broadcast from Iraq first.

Syndicated talk host Rusty Humphries, in particular, was lambasted for this, with an angry Franken insisting he went there before Humphries and a group of right-leaning talkers.

According to Jerry Agar, morning talk host at KMBZ in Kansas City, "I was there. Have not seen the Post story yet, but I saw the one on Drudge. I confirm its details and would add that he spent a bunch of time trashing Rusty's (radio) report from Iraq.

"Rusty was correct in what he reported and Franken was trashing the story with no knowledge whatsoever of what Rusty saw and reported.

"Franken later accused Rush Limbaugh of not telling the truth and pulling 'facts out of his butt.' Perhaps that is what Franken was doing on Friday night, because he had no idea what he was talking about."

Humphries issued this response to the Radio Equalizer this afternoon:

"I understand why he's so upset, while I was in Iraq, it was reported that I was the first nationally syndicated radio host to report from there.

"I have since found out that Franken had been there earlier. What should have been reported was that I was the first nationally syndicated host with ... LISTENERS to go. I thank Mr. Franken for allowing me to clear that up."

According to Mainelli in the Post report:

Al Franken became the guest who wouldn't leave — at a talk-radio convention held in his honor.

The talk-show host (WLIB/1190 AM) was forced off the stage after his award-acceptance speech became a nearly half-hour rant against TV commentator Bill O'Reilly and the war in Iraq.

"Al, hurry up," said Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine, the convention sponsor.

http://www.talkers.com/images/nmscp.jpg
AL FRANKEN Speech goes overtime. New York Post Photo

"It's freedom of speech," replied Franken, referring to the Freedom of Speech Award he'd just been given by the magazine.

"It's not freedom to kill everybody's evening," Harrison shot back.

"I have about two pages left," Franken said.

"There are people walking out" Harrison noted.

Brian Jennings, Vice President of Talk Programming for Citadel Communications, a major station owner, gave me this account today:

"I stood about 20-30 feet from it and was shocked he kept going on and on. In fact, it was the same basic speech he gave at the Radio and Records Talk Seminar in L.A. back in March. Same points.

"He even welled his voice up with emotion when talking about our troops in Iraq which told me it was a show and put on.

"Also, when Michael Harrison first dimmed the lights, you would think he would have gotten the hint. When Michael finally asked him to wrap it up and he kept going, it was painful. The crowd thinned considerably.

"We were bored - it was a cocktail party to say thanks for the award, then glad hand and have fun. Instead, he wanted to give an entire speech.

"Mike finally said to him, 'it's my party - sit down.' He finally did. By then, everyone was heading out."

David Bernstein, former WOR/New York Program Director, now with WPRO-AM in Providence, had this account:

"I can tell you with certainty that Al Franken gave a longwinded speech at a time that should have just been a quick acknowledgement of his award.

"It was to accommodate his schedule; the award is usually given out on Saturday (not at the Friday night cocktail party).

"For most attendees, it has been a year since catching up. Nobody wanted to stop for a speech, a self-serving one at that.

"Michael waited, but when Franken didn't let up, he had to break in. I would have, too. Kudos to Harrison for taking control of a situation that was spinning out of control," Bernstein concluded.

Others, including a major market program director, indicated they'd heard rumors that event sponsors, who provide rival programs up against Air America's, were unhappy with the amount of time taken by Franken at the event.

This programmer, who asked not to be named, was pleased with what happened the next day:

"I did go to the first event the next morning, and Al was on the panel. Thought he was quite good actually and surprised that after being cut off the night before, he showed up the next day. So I thought that was pretty classy," the program director indicated.

Did Franken have a motive here, or is he just socially clueless? Was this some kind of stunt gone awry?

Or could it be, as I'm inclined to believe, that he used the event as a warm-up for a Minnesota US Senate run?

Franken sure seems angry for a guy supposedly doing so well in liberal talk radio. Could it be an admission that things aren't so peachy, after all?

Linkypoo (http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2005/06/franken-antics-lead-to-convention.html)

FORD
11-30-2005, 11:06 PM

I used to listen to Mush back in 1992-1993.

It wasn't entirely by choice... I drove a delivery truck to Aberdeen & back every day and it only had an AM radio in it, and it only seemed to pick up the right wing station (the boss was a greedy close minded asshole, so it figures he was probably a Republican)

Anyway, Mush was almost entertaining back then. Almost humorous in his whining about Clinton, even as the President was beginning to repair the damage Bush Sr had done to the country.

But then, that was before the Oxycontin totally melted his mind.

FORD
11-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Fuck Al Franken....

Air America is all about ...

The Majority Report

Randi Rhodes

Mike Malloy

And even our old friend Jerry Springer accidentally drinks the caffeinated coffee once in a while.

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Bush Sr. didn't do any damage to this country.

The only reason Bush lost the election to Clinton was H. Ross Perot. It was through no fault of Clinton's that he won the White House in 1992.

FORD
11-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Bush Sr. didn't do any damage to this country.

The only reason Bush lost the election to Clinton was H. Ross Perot. It was through no fault of Clinton's that he won the White House in 1992.

Poppy's deficit (at the time) was the worst this country had ever seen.

Nothing compared to what his Idiot Son has done, of course, but certainly horrible for the time.

It might take the next President a full 8 years to clean up Chimpy's mess :(

blueturk
11-30-2005, 11:16 PM
No, I'm tired of reading quotes that have been circulated and regurgitated repeatedly.

Feel free to furnish us with some NEW quotes that will show the brilliance and foresight of the people that you helped elect.

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't provide quotes. That's your schtick.

I provide insightful commentary here.

Yep, I did help Bush get re-elected, and I don't feel sorry in the least, given the other options available. Kerry's about as useful as tits on a boar. I'd provide you with some un-insightful Kerry quotes, but that's not my schtick. I don't want to step on your toes.

ELVIS
11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
I will...

I voted to threaten the use of force to make Saddam Hussein comply with the resolutions of the United Nations.

Governor Dean has no policy on Iraq evidently, except 'no.' 'No' is not a policy.

I know something about aircraft carriers for real.

I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.

I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important.

I've had one position, one consistent position, that Saddam Hussein was a threat.

President Clinton was often known as the first black president. I wouldn't be upset if I could earn the right to be the second.

John Kerry

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:39 PM

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah*fart*haha hhahahahahahahahahhahahaha*cough*cough*hahahahahah ahahahahahha

Oh god, [wipes away tears] fuuuuuuuck..huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Thanks, War.

God that was good.:D

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah*fart*haha hhahahahahahahahahhahahaha*cough*cough*hahahahahah ahahahahahha

Oh god, [wipes away tears] fuuuuuuuck..huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

Thank, War.

God that was good.:D

As Christ said, 'don't cast your pearls before swine.' I need to be a better Christian.

blueturk
11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
I don't provide quotes. That's your schtick.

Yep, I did help Bush get re-elected, and I don't feel sorry in the least, given the other options available. Kerry's about as useful as tits of a boar. I'd provide you with some un-insightful Kerry quotes, but that's not my schtick. I don't want to step on your toes.

Random Kerry-bashing. How fucking insightful. You can save all your baiting for somebody that wants to argue about Kerry's merits. I voted for Kerry but I have to admit that I held my nose. I just didn't fall for the pre-election "terrist" alerts like the rest of your flock did. Suckers!

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
As Christ said, 'don't cast your pearls before swine.' I need to be a better Christian.

Thank god you don't take yourself too seriously :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Funny how no Con can rise to the occasion and actually post a half way intelligent Chimpism.

blueturk
11-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Funny how no Con can rise to the occasion and actually post a half way intelligent Chimpism.

Does such a thing even exist?

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Poppy's deficit (at the time) was the worst this country had ever seen.

Nothing compared to what his Idiot Son has done, of course, but certainly horrible for the time.

It might take the next President a full 8 years to clean up Chimpy's mess :(

Let's not forget the shit poppy was responsible for as VP

Leave it to a Bush to be lying sack of shit even as VP

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Does such a thing even exist?

Obviously not.

But I hear there's rumors on the internets that he's working on a stra-teg-ery for I-rack

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Random Kerry-bashing. How fucking insightful. You can save all your baiting for somebody that wants to argue about Kerry's merits. I voted for Kerry but I have to admit I held my nose. I just didn't fall for the pre-election "terrist" alerts like the rest of your flock did. Suckers!

I don't live my life in fear of terrorist alerts, Blue. In fact, I don't even know the colors on the chart. So much for that theory!

Actually thought, now that you mention it, I did have fear when I voted in last year's election. I feared what might have happened if Kerry would have been elected. Similar to the way I felt back in 2000 with Gore.

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Thank god you don't take yourself too seriously :rolleyes:

You have no idea when I take myself seriously here.

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:52 PM

I can, but why bother. Your blinding hatred for Dubya won't allow you to see any brilliance in anything I would post.

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Let's not forget the shit poppy was responsible for as VP

Leave it to a Bush to be lying sack of shit even as VP

Please.

Reagan was a far better president than any liberal you can muster up from the last fifty years, all two of them.

blueturk
11-30-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't live my life in fear of terrorist alerts, Blue. In fact, I don't even know the colors on the chart. So much for that theory!

Actually thought, now that you mention it, I did have fear when I voted in last year's election. I feared what might have happened if Kerry would have been elected. Similar to the way I felt back in 2000 with Gore.

I'd really like to hear how much more fucked up things could be. :rolleyes:

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
You live in a perpetual glass half empty world.

Open your eyes, go outside and get a breath of fresh air.

Limbaugh is correct on one thing for sure...liberals love to be miserable. They wouldn't have it any other way.

LoungeMachine
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
I can, but why bother. Your blinding hatred for Dubya won't allow you to see any brilliance in anything I would post.

:rolleyes:

Same old bullshit cop out

Oh, I can but why bother.......

Bullshit.

You KNOW he's a fucking dolt.

Oh I can, but why bother...:rolleyes:

What a fucking crock of shit

Warham
11-30-2005, 11:57 PM
What a fucking crock of shit

Sounds like something I would say after reading the articles you usually post here.

LoungeMachine
12-01-2005, 12:03 AM
You live in a perpetual glass half empty world.

Open your eyes, go outside and get a breath of fresh air.

Limbaugh is correct on one thing for sure...liberals love to be miserable. They wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh spare me, little dittohead:rolleyes:

You know NOTHING of my life.

I find NOTHING worthy of praise IN THIS CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION.

If you're too thick to know the difference, then why should I bother ??

I find love, hope, beauty, and peace EVERYDAY with my family, my friends, my community, and my hobbies and interests.

BUT I HATE WHAT YOUR ADMINISTRATION YOU'RE SO PROUD OF HAS DONE TO MY COUNTRY.

Sometimes you're not as astute as I think you are :cool:

LoungeMachine
12-01-2005, 12:05 AM

The ONLY misery in my life comes DIRECTLY from your administration's action and policies

And I feel sorry for the direct vicitms of these criminals you're so proud of

Warham
12-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Who said I'm 'so proud' of this administration? I'm about as proud of this administration as I'm proud of the last corrupt one we had between 1992-2000.

Cut the 'Bush has ruined my country' crap. It's old. Bush will be out of office in three years. What are you going to bitch about then? The next Republican president?

Warham
12-01-2005, 12:09 AM
The ONLY misery in my life comes DIRECTLY from your administration's action and policies

And I feel sorry for the direct vicitms of these criminals you're so proud of

Too bad. Even I wasn't miserable back when Clinton was president. Sure, I might make a jab at him daily, but I didn't moan and groan when he was accepting illegal contributions from the Chinese, selling nuclear secrets to North Korea, or lying to a grand jury about his unethical behavior.

Nope, didn't make me miserable at all.

LoungeMachine
12-01-2005, 12:09 AM

That's funny, I don't recall feeling this way '92-2000

But Rash sure had his soiled panties in a bunch:D

Warham
12-01-2005, 12:10 AM
That's funny, I don't recall feeling this way '92-2000

But Rash sure had his soiled panties in a bunch:D

You liberals hold Clinton in such high regard, that doesn't surprise me.

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 05:05 AM

Not in the countries we occupied, not when we were trying to sow the pretense of a free press...

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 05:10 AM

As opposed to the rightist, nihilist radio propaganda transmissions you listen too?

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 05:19 AM
Too bad. Even I wasn't miserable back when Clinton was president. Sure, I might make a jab at him daily, but I didn't moan and groan when he was accepting illegal contributions from the Chinese, selling nuclear secrets to North Korea, or lying to a grand jury about his unethical behavior.

Nope, didn't make me miserable at all.

"Well...There you go again."

Funny, but you seem to have no problems with the CHINESE creeping in and owning our economy. So, what is Fearless Leader doing about this? Oh ya.' The same thing he's doing about illegal immigration, and for the same reason --NOTHING!! Because his lobby of corporate donors (i.e. WAL-MART) don't want him too!!

The fact is that the Democrats were far more concerned about North Korea than BUSH and his Neo CON cronies ever were...

And you want to give me the speciofic low-down on the illegal contributions? Pretty shocking accusation, seeing as the only thing they ever really found on him was he got blown by a chubby intern...

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
As opposed to the rightist, nihilist radio propaganda transmissions you listen too?

Bullshit...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 05:32 AM

To...

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 05:33 AM

The fact is that the Democrats were far more concerned about North Korea than BUSH and his Neo CON cronies ever were...

LMAO!

Dude, whatcha drinking this morning ??

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 05:43 AM
LMAO!

Dude, whatcha drinking this morning ??

Coffee! It was Democratic Congressmen that were sounding the alarm over North Korean WMDs while you guys were jerking-off over SADDAM HUSSEIN and his non-involvement in 9/11...

Who is withdrawing US forces from the Korean peninsula? C'mon, GOGGLE it!

Remember, there's no oil there? You know what that means? Not interested...

Warham
12-01-2005, 07:02 AM

And you want to give me the speciofic low-down on the illegal contributions? Pretty shocking accusation, seeing as the only thing they ever really found on him was he got blown by a chubby intern...

Read up...

What did the Chinese get for their money?

By James Freeman

What did the Chinese get for their money? The thugs who run the world's last communist empire aren't stupid. They didn't send a river of cash flowing toward Clinton/Gore without any expectations. So what was the return on their investment?

We don't know yet. But China, currently the only country in the world with missiles targeted at the United States, apparently has acquired our most valuable nuclear technology. Rep. Christopher Cox, Chairman of the House Select Committee on China, says in an e-mail: "The compromise of our nuclear codes is exceptionally damaging, not only to U.S. national security but to the peace of the world for decades to come."

Coincidentally, we learn from last Sunday's New York Times that the Administration ignored numerous warnings about Chinese efforts to penetrate the nation's nuclear weapons labs. We now know that scientist Wen Ho Lee transferred our most sensitive nuclear information from a secure, classified computer system to an unclassified system that could be accessed via the Internet. And the system was penetrated, but for some reason, the Clinton Administration did not place a high priority on countering Chinese espionage at the labs.

As early as 1995, the CIA and the Department of Energy learned that China had stolen the design for America's W-88 warhead. In 1996, Clinton's National Security Adviser was warned about Chinese espionage at Los Alamos. In 1997, the Justice Department denied repeated FBI requests to search scientist Wen Ho Lee's computer. That same year, after Lee had already been suspected of spying for China, the Energy Department moved him to a new position -- where he had GREATER access to nuclear secrets. Late in 1997, the President was warned about security at the labs and Chinese spying. And the government finally got around to firing Wen Ho Lee in March of 1999? They waited until April to shut down the computer network?

Why the slow response? "Something like this would have been a red flag. These were not low-level warnings," says Dov Zakheim, President of defense contractor SPC International. "If these reports are true, the Chinese now have our most modern capabilities," he says.

Former top officials in the Clinton and Reagan Administrations, speaking on background, say they can't understand why the White House did not react aggressively to the threat of Chinese nuclear theft.

U.S. secrets have been stolen before. What's new about this case is that once the government learned of the problem, U.S. officials did not act quickly to minimize the damage. Perhaps they should not have fired Lee in 1995 or 1996 -- in spy cases investigators may not want to alert the suspect prematurely. But that's no excuse for continued lax security at the labs, or for placing Lee into position to obtain more secrets, or for Justice's refusal to search Lee's computer.

It's important to remember who these people are who run China's government. According to a 1997 report by the Department of Defense, their key objectives include "eventual recovery of claimed territories, and most important, preservation of the current communist political system."

The report notes that China has sold nuclear and missile technology to Iran and Pakistan, among others, and there's more reassuring news: "China's current inventory of chemical agents includes the full range of traditional agents, and China is conducting research into more advanced agents."

The report also reminds us that "China is the only country other than Russia whose land-based strategic missiles can strike the United States." That raises an interesting question. What are they going to do with the data they just stole from our labs?

According to Admiral Stansfield Turner, Director of Central Intelligence in the Carter Administration, "The Chinese have relatively few missiles…They can multiply the amount of damage they can do with those missiles, because they can add more warheads." What about selling the technology? Turner says it's difficult to judge whether the Chinese will export it. "We certainly don't want Iraq to get it."

Great. Now we have to count on Beijing's good sense and good will. When you see how this regime treats its own people, you might start to get nervous. According to Amnesty International, there are at least 230,000 people in China detained without trial in "re-education" camps. Thousands of political prisoners are rotting in Chinese jails. One of them, Liu Nianchun, was reportedly tortured with electric-shock batons after beginning a recent hunger strike.

Concerned about religious tolerance? In September of 1998, Xu Yongze, leader of a Christian church, was sentenced to ten years in prison for "disturbing public order." In January, Ibrahim Ismael, a 42-year old Muslim scholar, was executed for organizing anti-government protests and for "illegal religious activities." Forced abortions are common. A recent Amnesty report quotes the official communist newspaper of the Xinjiang region: ""Illegal religious activities were cleaned up…village by village, hamlet by hamlet." Sound familiar?

The Clinton Administration has allowed the world's most destructive technology to fall into the hands of a growing communist superpower -- the same regime that illegally funded Clinton campaigns. If history remembers Bill Clinton only as the author of the Lewinsky scandal, he should consider himself lucky.

Clinton's money from China, part two

I asked in a recent column what the Chinese government had received in return for its illegal contributions to the Clinton/Gore campaign. This question is still begging for an answer, almost three years after the discovery of the China connection. Remember, the people who run China's government are communists, so unlike an American lobbyist who appears to be buying influence, these guys can't claim that they gave to Clinton because they like to support the democratic process.

So as Yah Lin "Charlie" Trie goes on trial in Little Rock this week for allegedly ordering an employee to destroy evidence, it's worth reviewing a few facts. For those who don't recall, Trie is the Clinton friend and fundraiser responsible for $645,000 in illegal contributions to the '96 campaign, plus another $640,000 in questionable donations to the President's legal defense fund. He is the reason why communist arms smuggler Wang Jun had coffee with Bill Clinton at a White House fundraising event in 1996.

Trie has a busy docket this year. In September, he will travel to DC for a separate trial on obstruction of justice, conspiracy and witness tampering charges.

Another Clinton/Gore rainmaker, Johnny Chung, has already pleaded guilty to violations of campaign finance law. He has testified to receiving money from General Ji Shengde, head of Chinese military intelligence, to assist in the Clinton re-election effort. The cast of characters in this drama also includes the famous John Huang, DNC fundraiser, Clinton Commerce Department official and source of more illegal dollars from Asia.

The F-16 has great American "hot-section" technology. Now China has it, too.

To date, there is no direct evidence linking Chinese money to changes in American defense policy. But if there's a reasonable explanation for the following list of coincidences, it's about time we heard it from the President.

Early in the Clinton Administration, China received America's "hot-section" technology, the key to building state-of-the-art fighter planes. The U.S. used this technology during the Cold War to gain a critical edge in creating metals used in jet engines.

"During the '80s, Soviet engines had a mean time between failures of 200 hours," says Steve Bryen, a former DOD official who directed the Pentagon's Defense Technology Security Agency during the 1980s. "For U.S. engines, the figure was about 10,000 hours. This was a huge advantage. China's engines were even less reliable than the Russian ones."

Previous Administrations had considered this technology so sensitive that they had denied requests to share it even with some of our allies. But when China wanted it for a helicopter project, China got it.

With applications from China pending, the Clinton Administration approved the commercial sale of super-accurate measurements from the Global Positioning System (GPS), which uses satellites to identify precise locations on the ground. GPS was a key U.S. advantage in Desert Storm, according to former Defense Secretary James Schlesinger. Previously, commercial users could get only rough measurements from GPS - not good enough for precise targeting of a missile, for example.

Bryen: China has developed "the ultimate ethnic cleansing weapon."
In 1996, the Administration transferred the licensing authority for exporting satellite technology from the State Department, which had opposed giving new technology to China, to the Commerce Department, which immediately approved the transfer. Given the green light by the Commerce Department, Loral Corporation provided China with missile technology to improve its satellite launch and guidance systems. This same technology can be used to improve the performance of missiles aimed at the United States. Loral is headed by Bernard Schwartz, one of the largest Democratic donors in the '96 election cycle.

Almost four years after the CIA and the Energy Department first suspected that China had stolen nuclear technology from our national labs and almost three years after the White House was warned of the specific threat at Los Alamos represented by scientist Wen Ho Lee, the Administration finally searched Lee's computer and restricted access to the Los Alamos computer network - after the story had appeared on the front page of the New York Times.

Last week, as evidence mounted that the Chinese were developing new weapons based on stolen U.S. technology, American planes accidentally bombed the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, killing three Chinese journalists. Our President made numerous apologies, which were not shown on Chinese television for several days while the Chinese government encouraged the stoning of our embassy in Beijing.

We now learn from the Washington Times that while the President was making his series of apologies, the U.S. government was defending itself against a cyber-attack originating within the People's Republic. Hackers operating from official Chinese news sources attempted to knock out e-mail systems and create bogus web pages on sites operated by the White House, State Department and other Federal agencies.

And what are the new weapons China is developing with our technology? One is the neutron bomb, developed but never deployed by the U.S. military. A neutron bomb kills people but leaves buildings and infrastructure unharmed. This is the one that China has been most aggressive in building and testing. Now why would anyone want a bomb that could not destroy an adversary's weapons or power plants, but could wipe out all the people around a given target? "It's the ultimate ethnic cleansing weapon," says Bryen. "Suppose they wanted to use it on Tibet. This is a very sinister thing."

We also learn from the Times' Bill Gertz that even though our National Security Agency discovered in 1995 that China had sold nuclear technology to Pakistan, in direct violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, the Administration made no effort to impose sanctions, as the law requires.

As a flood of American military technology has found its way to Beijing, the Clinton/Gore team has steadfastly refused to eliminate export restrictions on the one technology that might actually help Chinese dissidents: encryption software. This technology could allow Chinese dissidents to send and receive e-mails that could not be deciphered by Big Brother in Beijing. The pro-democracy movement in China could gain a powerful weapon, just as the Solidarity movement in Poland benefited from smuggled fax machines and radios in the early 1980s.
So far, there's no evidence that Chinese dissidents contributed to the Clinton/Gore campaign.

James Freeman is Editor of the new online education magazine for kids, KnowledgeDaily.com. His column appears each Wednesday on USATODAY.com. To talk back to James Freeman, click here.

FORD
12-01-2005, 01:50 PM
So Dov Zakheim, a known Israeli spy in the BCE/PNAC government (just one of many) is qualified to tell us about alleged "espionage" in the Clinton government?

The hypocrisy of these bastards never ends.

ELVIS
12-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Especially when Clinton is innocent of any wrongdoing...

http://prorev.com/arkflow.JPG

Vinnie Velvet
12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Especially when Clinton is innocent of any wrongdoing...

http://prorev.com/arkflow.JPG

:mad2:

FORD
12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Elvis, you do realize that by posting a flow chart full of referneces to the Contras and BC(E)CI, you are admitting that the orignators of these scams, the Bush Criminal Empire, are also guilty.

You admit that then? ;)

Cathedral
12-01-2005, 05:00 PM

Funny, but you seem to have no problems with the CHINESE creeping in and owning our economy. So, what is Fearless Leader doing about this? Oh ya.' The same thing he's doing about illegal immigration, and for the same reason --NOTHING!! Because his lobby of corporate donors (i.e. WAL-MART) don't want him too!!

A couple of things here, bro.

China creeping into our economy began in the early 90's (perhaps earlier than that), what's that thing called again...hmmmm, i dunno, uh, ummmm, Oh yeah, it's called NAFTA.
Both parties put that through because a Republican wrote it, a Democrat implimented it.
So i don't see where you have any leverage throwing that one out, lol.

As for corporate donors (i.e. Wal-Mart), How much power or money would they have if people didn't shop there?
The blame spreads evenly among washington weasels AND the consumer just like the people i see each day driving their huge as SUV's with bumper stickers saying, "No Blood For Oil", that one just makes me angry, lol.

This where i'm inclined to back Ford up with his view that party lines don't matter in corruption (you know, when he calls a Democrat part of the BCE stuff) because there are alot of them with the same agenda written in a different notbook, but the end goal is the same barring the details.

I don't know anything about Clinton's illegal contributions though, he won his first election and i pretty much walked away and accepted him as the man people chose, myself included since i voted for Perot. :)

Warham
12-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Cathedral, he took lots of money from the Chinese during his '96 campaign...you know, the same country that liberals worry might overtake us with all the secrets Clinton gave them in exchange for the cash.

Cathedral
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Elvis, you do realize that by posting a flow chart full of referneces to the Contras and BC(E)CI, you are admitting that the orignators of these scams, the Bush Criminal Empire, are also guilty.

You admit that then? ;)

Elvis is a smart guy, so he's saying "YES" like i am, at least he better agree with that, lmmfao.
I don't live in a bubble where my side is better than your side.

Ford, in order NOT to be a sheep you have to be able to see the faults in everyone, not just those you don't like or respect.
that's why i get such a kick out watching some of the arguments in here where people defend the un-defendable on both ends.

I think too many minds are closed on some very major issues when politics are involved.

Cathedral
12-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Cathedral, he took lots of money from the Chinese during his '96 campaign...you know, the same country that liberals worry might overtake us with all the secrets Clinton gave them in exchange for the cash.

Sounds plausible to me, through the 90's i was pretty much non-political in the public forum and didn't know shit about who was doing what, where and why.

And i'm not one to live in the past, it prohibits forward movement, well, that is up until 9-11-01.
That is pretty much when i REALLY started paying attention to what was going on...I've been mind fucked ever since. :)

blueturk
12-01-2005, 06:54 PM

OK, let's see what you've got. Post ONE brilliant statement from Dubya. Just ONE.

blueturk
12-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh spare me, little dittohead:rolleyes:

You know NOTHING of my life.

I find NOTHING worthy of praise IN THIS CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION.

If you're too thick to know the difference, then why should I bother ??

I find love, hope, beauty, and peace EVERYDAY with my family, my friends, my community, and my hobbies and interests.

BUT I HATE WHAT YOUR ADMINISTRATION YOU'RE SO PROUD OF HAS DONE TO MY COUNTRY.

Sometimes you're not as astute as I think you are :cool:

Lounge pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Except I'd like to ask Warham to tell me about all the great things this administration has done for America. Maybe then I can come out of this massive depression...:rolleyes:

Warham
12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd like to hear you not bitch like a whiny cunt on PMS about this country at least one day out of the week, but I don't think I'm going to see that anytime soon.

blueturk
12-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I'd like to hear you not bitch like a whiny cunt on PMS about this country at least one day out of the week, but I don't think I'm going to see that anytime soon.

What happened to your insightful commentary, pussy boy? If you don't like what I post, don't fucking read it. I'd like to see you give a straight fucking answer too, but that's not going to happen, is it? Fucking pussy.

Warham
12-01-2005, 07:37 PM
That was insightful commentary. Also, I don't read what you post 99% of the time, so you don't need to remind me.

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 08:10 PM
You mean the CHINESE spied on us, the CLINTON Admin. didn't do enough? Well, at least BUSH is on that job:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26699

Oh, maybe not...

blueturk
12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
What happened to your insightful commentary, pussy boy? If you don't like what I post, don't fucking read it. I'd like to see you give a straight fucking answer too, but that's not going to happen, is it? Fucking pussy.

Son of a bitch. I let Warham get to me. I knew from past experience that he just goes around in circles, but I got pissed off anyway. He used his bloated sense of self-importance and empty claims of validating this administration to great advantage. The next time Warham ignores one of my posts, I'll have to do better. My fault.

Nickdfresh
12-01-2005, 08:32 PM
A couple of things here, bro.

China creeping into our economy began in the early 90's (perhaps earlier than that), what's that thing called again...hmmmm, i dunno, uh, ummmm, Oh yeah, it's called NAFTA.
Both parties put that through because a Republican wrote it, a Democrat implimented it.
So i don't see where you have any leverage throwing that one out, lol.

As for corporate donors (i.e. Wal-Mart), How much power or money would they have if people didn't shop there?
The blame spreads evenly among washington weasels AND the consumer just like the people i see each day driving their huge as SUV's with bumper stickers saying, "No Blood For Oil", that one just makes me angry, lol.

This where i'm inclined to back Ford up with his view that party lines don't matter in corruption (you know, when he calls a Democrat part of the BCE stuff) because there are alot of them with the same agenda written in a different notbook, but the end goal is the same barring the details.

I don't know anything about Clinton's illegal contributions though, he won his first election and i pretty much walked away and accepted him as the man people chose, myself included since i voted for Perot. :)

Exactly. These were/are the true issues: CHINA's rising domination in our economy and their aggressive pursuit of global oil supplies. The fact is that CHINESE intelligence may have (VERY INDIRECTLY) donated money to people who raised money for the Democratic party that were of CHINESE decent, as others also did for the Republicans. But it neither bought influence nor changed any polices towards the CHINESE. The TRUE story here: Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/campfin/stories/cf021098.htm). But this CLINTON was the center of all evil shit is just silly.

Here's an extract:

In brief form, the report summarizes previously reported information about how the Chinese developed a plan in 1995 to influence U.S. politicians. By 1996, it included efforts to make political contributions in congressional elections. In June 1996, the FBI warned six senators and congressmen that they might be targeted for Chinese contributions. The FBI informed two members of the National Security Council staff, but the information was not passed to Clinton, who later expressed public irritation at the lapse.

--By Bob Woodward
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 10, 1998

Cathedral
12-02-2005, 03:06 AM
You'll get no argument from me, I was under the impression we were against communism, but we for some reason have MADE IN CHINA stamped on every damn thing we buy.

I wonder why we support communism is all.

ELVIS
12-02-2005, 03:20 AM

You admit that then? ;)

Yeah, pretty much...

I've looked into Ollie North, Contra affair, etc...

FORD
12-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, pretty much...

I've looked into Ollie North, Contra affair, etc...

So why do you continue to believe anything the BCE says? :confused:

Nickdfresh
12-02-2005, 01:55 PM
You'll get no argument from me, I was under the impression we were against communism, but we for some reason have MADE IN CHINA stamped on every damn thing we buy.

I wonder why we support communism is all.

That's the thing, CHINESE "communism" is beginning to resemble old-school European fascism more than anything else, it's a one-party state with much of their economy now a free market, but without all the nice trappings like democracy, humanism, or individual freedom. With Soviet/Stalinist style communism, the economy sucked. But with Fascism, they can actually build a socialist/free market mix and a strong economic system, and possible dominate their sphere of the world without any internal democratic checks on their power. The scariest thing of all...

Hopefully, their rhetoric is true, and they will seek to begin gradually to hold democratic elections, until all levels of the government are representative...

blueturk
12-02-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/02/AR2005120201454.html

U.S. Admits to Paying Iraqi Newspapers

By William Branigin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 2, 2005; 5:33 PM

The U.S. military in Iraq today acknowledged paying to place news articles in Iraqi publications, saying the practice was a necessary part of "information operations" to counter extensive "propaganda" by insurgents.

"The information battlespace in Iraq is contested at all times and is filled with misinformation and propaganda by an enemy intent on discrediting the Iraqi government and the Coalition, and who are taking every opportunity to instill fear and intimidate the Iraqi people," said a statement issued by the U.S. military's Combined Press Information Center in Bahgdad.

The statement did not make clear whether the U.S. military has paid Iraqi journalists to put certain information in their stories, as has been reported.

In Washington, Sen. John Warner (R-Va.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told reporters after receiving a Pentagon briefing on the subject that he remains "gravely concerned about this situation." He expressed support for placing paid material -- equivalent to advertising -- in Iraqi newspapers to counter enemy "disinformation," but he said it would be wrong to plant stories by paying off Iraqi journalists to include certain information in their articles. He said he did not know whether that is happening, adding that "more facts are needed until that conclusion can be reached."

The U.S. military statement said that "information operations" were essential "for commanders to ensure the Iraqi population has current, truthful and reliable information."

It said, "As part of our operations, we have offered articles for publication to Iraqi newspapers, and in some cases articles have been accepted and published as a function of buying advertising and opinion/editorial space, as is customary in Iraq. Third parties have been employed in an effort to mitigate the risk to publishers. The procedures for doing so undergo policy and legal review to ensure compliance with the law and regulations."

The statement said "serious allegations" suggest that "the process may be functioning in a manner different than is intended or appropriate." The allegations are being reviewed, and any improprieties will be investigated, the statement said.

"Information operations are powerful and essential to military success," the statement stressed. "As such, it requires commander involvement and discipline to ensure it is used properly."

Warner said he was concerned about "any actions that could undermine the credibility of our great nation and indeed the profession of journalism." But the military in Iraq faces "a serious problem . . . and that is disinformation," he said. "An enormous amount of information is being fed the Iraqi press, both written and television, that is just plain factually wrong."

As part of its efforts to counter this disinformation, Warner said, the military has contracted with the Lincoln Group, a private firm that deals with Iraqi publications.

He said the Pentagon briefers "told me that all material passed to the Iraqi media through the Lincoln Group is represented as originating with coalition forces." He said the Lincoln Group "is authorized to provide payment for placement of this material in Iraqi newspapers," similar to the way that "any advertiser, marketer or public relations firm would place advertisements."

Warner said he was told that part of the program was classified, but he declined to speculate on whether that part had to do with payments to Iraqi reporters.

"I'm not here to confirm that the payoffs were right or wrong or took place," Warner said. "We simply don't have all the facts."

He said in response to a subsequent question that he agreed it would be wrong if the military was "putting money into somebody's pocket to write a story."

Katydid
12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Don't you think a well placed and worded report of true facts from Coalition forces would conteract what Al Jazerea is spounting off on television to some extent?

And why is that a bad thing?

Seems our war on terror is not only won by word as well as weapon if you will...

We owe it to the people whom we are helping defend their freedoms to make them aware of facts.

Otherwise they turn on their tvs and see insurgents and old Baath party hardliners who make them feel like, "What are we accomplishing?" "When will the troops leave and let thing go back the way they were when Hussein and his sons still ruled." "So what if people were ruled by a dictator and were beheaded in the town square?" "What has Hussein and his henchmen ever done to you?"
"Now you have American money and all Saddams and his billions we recovered and hid no good."

Sort of the way Democrats/Liberals make me feel when they start saying, " What are we accomplishing over in Iraq?" "When will our troops come home and let things go back the way they were before Bush accused Hussein of having weapons of mass destruction." "So what if people are ruled by a dictator who beheads them in the town square..."What has Hussein ever done to us?" (Susan Saradon) " With Bush in office our money is going to finance the war." (never mind pay our troops and their families).

Just seems like the Liberals in USA are more in line with the old Republican Baath party under Hussein...

I'm sure you will let me hear your thoughts on this very serious matter.

LoungeMachine
12-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Katydid

Nah,

pass.

blueturk
12-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Katydid

Based on some of your previous posts, I'm surprised that you don't already think you hear my thoughts (and other assorted voices)...

Wayne L.
12-05-2005, 07:29 AM
The ONLY propaganda is coming from the U. S. news media more so than the president & the military because they're for the other side.

FORD
12-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
The ONLY propaganda is coming from the U. S. news media more so than the president & the military because they're for the other side.

Didn't we all miss Wayne's foot sniffingly "brilliant" analysis, guys? :rolleyes: