PDA

View Full Version : What's cool about your Hometown?

NATEDOG001976
12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Minneapolis: Population 380,000

What Minneapolis brings to the table.

Hockey: We are the best hockey players in the world, Canada? I say fuck Canada.

Best Buy: Where would you be today without Best Buy?

3m: You would be lost and fucked without post-it notes...lol

General Mills: You would be pretty pissed if you couldn't have your damm cheerios every morning.

Honeywell: We build the bombs that drop on Iraq.

Music: Prince, Soul Asylum, Morris Day & the Time, Jayhawks, Replacements, Husker Du, Jimmy Jam and Swampp Gass.

Women: Endless Blonde hoties!

DrMaddVibe
12-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Smashing

NATEDOG001976
12-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Nice!

larbo
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM
What's cool about my hometown? There's no negros in it. I agree with you about hockey. I say FUCK CANADA too. Musicwise, I would'nt be too proud of JIMMY JAM though.

franksters
12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by larbo
What's cool about my hometown? There's no negros in it. I agree with you about hockey. I say FUCK CANADA too. Musicwise, I would'nt be too proud of JIMMY JAM though.

Ruining good thread again with your racist mindless horseshit post.

larbo
12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by franksters
Ruining good thread again with your racist mindless horseshit post.

FUCK CANADA

Matt White
12-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by larbo
FUCK CANADA

ONE HOT CANADIAN CHICK AT A TIME!!!:rockit2:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nitro Express
12-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Sun Valley Idaho

First luxery ski resort town in the US.

Ernest Hemmingway blew his brains out there.

Hometown of Picabo Street olympic downhill medalist

Lot's of celebrities from Arnold Swarzeneggar to Oprah Winfrey have home there but who really cares?

One of the best ski hills in the US

Lot's of cute women

Fantastic New Years parties!

bfm
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Auckland

Why? North shore sluts
Why? there easy

How? buy a car
STD's? 78.5% chance but well worth the risk

No celebrities cause the morons think where part of Australia (fuck australia)

Over populated with islanders and maoris ( native race, easy to rip the piss out off. also smell like dead animals)

franksters
12-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Matt, lol!

I see you've tasted that before!!!

Canadian girls are nice and friendly!

floyd95
12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Houston, Texas
What's Not Cool About Houston
Former home to Enron
Home to Halliburton
Everything's named for a Bush (Dubya's parents live here)
George and Barbara Bush
Red State
Rednecks
The Houston Texans
Humidity
Mosquitos
Smog
Traffic
Crime

floyd95
12-02-2005, 12:36 AM
When I went to vote in last years Presidential elections, the polling site closest to me was the Barbara Bush library.

What kind of fucking bullshit is that?

floyd95
12-02-2005, 12:51 AM
oh i forgot a few

tom delay
andrea yates
the astrodome
illegal aliens
the emergency rooms here are a death trap
the roads are horrible all designed by aggie engineers
the city is ugly
built on a swamp
hurricane prone
no evacution possible

the official aggie evacution route is loop 610

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
ONE HOT CANADIAN CHICK AT A TIME!!!:rockit2:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

yeah woooo! check out my sig! a cha cha cha!

Coyote
12-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Why my hometown rocks? For the past 6 years we've had a little two-day rock festival here. (which in turn means more girls around that time and so forth)

Some girls out here... Miss Universe & Playmate material.

Why my hometown sucks?

Most girls out here... Uglier than a wookie's armpit.

Everybody knows everybody
(So ya just can't go fuckin' every skirt in town, word'll spread. The popular theory also being that we're all somehow related. Which is why I haven't been that active in my sexual escapades. In my town, at least.)

Only two bars in town
(whereas there used to be 5 or 6 bars here)

Nothing to do
(most places one can socialize close at midnight, at the latest)

No room for progress
(Come up with some new store or hangout, nobody will check it out.)

Monkeys runnin' the place.
(Prime example #1: The heads of this town almost struck a deal with this company, which in turn would've meant getting a gas storage facility within a mile of the high school, fire station, etc. Worst part, if the thing went ka-blooey, blast radius would've been roughly 4 miles or more.
Example #2: Some idiot came up with the idea that the "mountain" we have here might contain some valuable minerals, or something.
Machines were roarin' to go. Well, geological analysts checked out the place only to find pretty much nothing.
The monkeys don't care though, they still want to fuck up the mountain by constructing a "ski pipe" within the joint. The debate's still goin'.)

Monkeys runnin' around in a circle.
(Wanna go cruisin'? Ya got two choises: Downtown or outta-town.
Downtown is basically the size of a New York City block, and you drive around that in a circle, so that tells you 'bout the extreme levels of fun one can have here...
That's not the fun part: There are fuckin' TRACTORS runnin' around here too! Those are usually guys who are almost 17.
Them things are always packed with either their friends or jailbait.)

Golden AWe
12-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, it still might be:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=722981

Besides that, not much, my current hometown does have a good hockey team (not the one I've cheered for the last 20 years but...)

MAX
12-02-2005, 03:26 AM
We've got the "Greatest Snow on Earth" (That's one of our state's slogans) if one's into enjoying winter sports. We have tons of resorts and they're all only thirty minutes away. So, being an avid skier, it rocks.

SLC is also cool cos it's a big enough city to have anything one needs or wants. Nice places to eat etc. It's also cool cos it's one of the smaller metropolitan cities.

The Mormon thing kind of sucks cos there's no separation between church and state which makes our liquor laws the most fucked up around. It's always a source of embarrassment trying to explain them to clients or friends that visit.

On the other hand and due to the mormon influence, our city is relatively safe and lacks a ton of crime compared to other cities.

Golden AWe
12-02-2005, 03:31 AM
or...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=613917

FAKK, WHERE'S THAT SUMMER NOW!!!

Golden AWe
12-02-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by MAX
We've got the "Greatest Snow on Earth" (That's one of our state's slogans) if one's into enjoying winter sports. We have tons of resorts and they're all only thirty minutes away. So, being an avid skier, it rocks.

The Mormon thing kind of sucks cos there's no separation between church and state which makes our liquor laws the most fucked up around. It's always a source of embarrassment trying to explain them to clients or friends that visit.

You should move to Finland Funland. You can ski pretty much everywhere and the alcohol laws are pretty tolerant.

MAX
12-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
You should move to Finland Funland. You can ski pretty much everywhere and the alcohol laws are pretty tolerant.

Do you ski AWe?

I'm addicted and have been my entire life. I try to go between twenty and thirty times a year. One of my best friends is from Austria and always compares our region to that of his. Says the mountains are similarly epic.

How close is Funland to Austria? Please forgive me but my geography has always left a lot to be desired. :o

Golden AWe
12-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Do you ski AWe?

I'm addicted and have been my entire life. I try to go between twenty and thirty times a year. One of my best friends is from Austria and always compares our region to that of his. Says the mountains are similarly epic.

How close is Funland to Austria? Please forgive me but my geography has always left a lot to be desired. :o

The difference between us and is something like 1500 kilometers...we don't have real mountains here, the highest one is 1300 meters...but some good places for downhill skiing, if that is what you're looking for, and loads of wild, peaceful forests to go skiing, hiking and camping...

I don't have time to go skiing much anymore, but I do go fishing and hunting in Lapland...wild ducks and gooses mostly. The best place I've gone skiing was Banska Bystrica in Slovakia...very, very cheap too.

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/1_MAP/1_map_europe_2001_enlarged.htm

MAX
12-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the map, so yeah, pretty much the same type of region. I'll ask my pal if he's been to Funland. :cool:Yeah, I'm talkin' about downhill skiing. Never much liked cross-country skiing. I love to camp and stuff but don't do much like when I was young.

We have huge mountains here.

The "Main" one is called Mount Olympus.

http://images.climbingsaltlake.com/beta/sized/38.jpg

No skiing on that one though. lol

Here's a view of the city with the mountains in the back. It's weird cos we take them for granted. I mean they're close and we have mountains on both the east and west sides of our valley:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/images/bestoflv/1999/photos/salt-lake-city.jpg

http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/mitig_traf_cong/images/salt_lake.jpg

Golden AWe
12-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Grate views you've got there...I bet it doesn't look as depressing and dark there in the autumn time like it does here in the Southern Funland...during the few months it's only raining and windy...and it's only good if you go up north for the colorful RUSKA-time of Lapland...then, the actual wintertime it's actually refreshing and more fun to move outside, even here in the southern Funland....

twonabomber
12-02-2005, 04:51 AM
not really anything cool about where i live now (unless you like snow), but the town where i was born is home to High Tech Performance Trailers. they make a lot of the NASCAR haulers.

http://www.hightechtrailers.com/Clients/Gibbs/3220/3220_lg01.jpg

http://www.hightechtrailers.com/index.html

kentuckyklira
12-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Good things about Cologne, Germany (Köln in German)

Most open minded and liberal city in Germany.

Our alcohol laws are a joke compared to most parts of the world. Hard liqor 18, beer and wine 16 and if your parents give green light 14.

Compared to most parts of the world alcohol, especially beer, is very cheap.

Bars and clubs have to close for at least 1 hour a day, meaning you can more or less go out all night, every night.

Age of consent is 14.

Compared to other European metropolises the average rent is low while wages and salaries are above average.

Public transport gets you almost everywhere, though usually not on time.

Crime rate is quite low, especially compared to cities in the UK and USA.

World famous Carneval (1 million visitors, many of them chicks looking for adventure).

I like living here!;) :) :)

MAX
12-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Grate views you've got there...I bet it doesn't look as depressing and dark there in the autumn time like it does here in the Southern Funland...during the few months it's only raining and windy...and it's only good if you go up north for the colorful RUSKA-time of Lapland...then, the actual wintertime it's actually refreshing and more fun to move outside, even here in the southern Funland....

Thanks. :cool:

You should post some of Funland when you get a chance. It would be cool to see. :)

Actually our autumn's are epic. We get all of the fall colors going everywhere. The winter sucks shit in the valley cos it's like living in a gigantic soup bowl cos we're surrounded my mountains. We always get a gloomy and shitty inversion of pollution that blankets the valley/city and makes it fucking freezing with no sun getting through. Very depressing. That's why so many of us ski in the winters cos once you go up the canyon, it's like a breath of fresh air, literally.

You can't even see the city cos it's blanketed with all of that trapped smog and cold air. Imagine this viewpoint, then looking down there's a disgusting dark grey cloud that covers the city. Happens every winter and only gets cleaned when we have a good storm.

http://utahfilmbank.com/images/Mount_Olympus/smTopRidge.jpg

Wawazat
12-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Good things about Cologne, Germany (Köln in German)

Most open minded and liberal city in Germany.

I like living here!;) :) :)

Don´t forget the fact you have a own language, no one 5 miles outside of Cologne will understand a word.:D

kentuckyklira
12-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
Don´t forget the fact you have a own language, no one 5 miles outside of Cologne will understand a word.:D Et isse su!

Eyes of the Night
12-02-2005, 12:17 PM
The Grunge:cool: ...

Ally_Kat
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Glendale Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glendale%2C_Queens)

Glendale - Forgotten NY (http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/glendale/glendale.html)

When Houdini returns form the dead, he's waking up across the street from me. It's pretty cool having Houdini as a neighbor.

Archie Bunker's house is a few blocks down the road, Spiderman's house is on the other side of town, and Christopher Walken filmed a movie on my block. My friend's family owns the bar Steve Busemi filmed his one movie in.

We're a pretty cool town with A LOT of history. Unfortunately, a lot of that history is dying and the none of the groups moving in cares enough to preserve that history. Shame.

Matt White
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Hmmm...let's see

DETROIT :

Kowalski Sausage

Faygo

Better Made Potato Chips

Montreux/Detroit Jazz festival

Country Hoedown

Coneys(nuff said)

Greenfield Village

MOTOWN

Greek Town

Eastern Market

THE DETROIT RED WINGS

Hamtramck

jhale667
12-02-2005, 01:28 PM
You guys already know what's cool about LA....

Swimming pools
Movie stars

Earthquakes
Fires
Mudslides
Smog
Traffic
Illegal Aliens....

Hey, wait a minute......;) LOL

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm the best thing in my hometown...sheeeet!

jhale667
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm kidding, of course....I can't imagine living anywhere else. :)

WARF
12-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Women In South Florida are best lookin' women in the world!

bastardog
12-02-2005, 02:01 PM
We got summer temp. all year long so there is allways girls in small bikinis on the beach.

alcohol laws are barelly non-existent.....unless you don't have a car accident you can be drunk in middle of town and nobody cares

Must pubs opens til the sun goes over in the morning (but there are some cities that have laws that make pubs to close at 2am on weekends and 12 the rest of the week)

great variety of girls.......any girl could be better looking than J-Lo.

As we mustly speak spanish if you come here, must girls will not understand you.......so must girls are for us anyway...jajaja