PDA

View Full Version : Phantasm. (1979)

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Ok movie fans...Im back. Last night after some brew and bud I sat down to watch one of my favorite horror movies. Even after all these years it still rocks. I've always loved low budget intelligent horror films
and this one is a gem. There have been 4 sequels (I only liked the 2nd one) and is considered a cult classic amongst many. Great mono soundtrack...trippy story...silver flying orbs with knives...jawa looking monsters hiding in the basement...a finger ALIVE in a box..Jodi..Reggie..mike...and lets not forget the TALL MAN...BOYYYYY!!!! Anyone else a fan of this film? I hope to get some responses..im really curious. If you've never seen it...RENT IT! If you're a big fan of INTELLIGENT horror films...buy the collectors edition..well worth it! My favorite line? After mike gets attacked by one of those jawa looking creatures in his garage,he trys to tell his brother jodi what happend:
Mike: There was something in here..
Jodi: What do you mean?
Mike:Something was making weird noses and jumping on the car!
Jodi: You sure it wasnt that retarded kid timmy up the street?

jhale667
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
The Tall Man scared the SHIT out of me when I was a kid! That movie rocks. Plus the stabbing death scene in the begining with the couple fucking? "Oh baby, that was.....urk!"

Dirty Duck
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I agree
Originally posted by jhale667
The Tall Man scared the SHIT out of me when I was a kid! That movie rocks. Plus the stabbing death scene in the begining with the couple fucking? "Oh baby, that was.....urk!"