PDA

View Full Version : It's not often that I'm embarrassed by my fellow Liberals....

FORD
12-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Check out this rabid anti-theist meltdown (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x5502038) over at DU.

Or fast forward to my response. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x5502038#5502256)

ELVIS
12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
What would you put is the trooper was Muslim ??

FORD
12-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

A crescent, I guess.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/05/17/photos/moon.gif

ELVIS
12-02-2005, 06:41 PM
How 'bout a cross and a crescent ??

That would generate some interest...

thome
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Atheists are a confused lot.

Warham
12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Athiests have little to no common sense, when you get right down to the bottom of it.

Nickdfresh
12-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

This US military uses a five-pointed star for Islamic soldiers killed...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/grav_mark.htm

**Oh, I see there are two markders for Muslim service members.

FORD was correct with the crecent and star as well...**

Nickdfresh
12-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Athiests have little to no common sense, when you get right down to the bottom of it.

Actually, the vast majority of atheists over there thought this issue was stupid...

In fact, most seemed quite sensible...

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
DU is a breeding ground for meltdowns, no matter what the issue is.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:34 PM

LMMFAO :D

Anybody care to take the time to explain the term "common sense" to Warpig?

Oh, the irony:D :D :D :D

Nickdfresh
12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
DU is a breeding ground for meltdowns, no matter what the issue is.

Like all political message boards...

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I have to ask: why are athiests always the ones who are offended by everything? Would an average Christian sue the city or state if a star of David was erected on the side of the road, or any other religious symbol? Would an average Muslim sue over a cross?

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Like all political message boards...

I'm not so sure. I don't hang around DU or Free Republic enough to post, but I think I've seen more meltdowns at DU.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I have to ask: why are athiests always the ones who are offended by everything? Would an average Christian sue the city or state if a star of David was erected on the side of the road, or any other religious symbol?

Yes.

"FundaMENTAL "Christians" [ oxymoron] are the most easily offended, self righteous people on the fucking planet.

:rolleyes:

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I disagree completely.

Fundamental Christians don't blow themselves up for Allah, claiming there's 72 virgins awaiting them in Heaven.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I have to ask: why are athiests always the ones who are offended by everything?

Your premise is either

a] Hyperbole

b] stupid

Your choice

always???? :rolleyes:

And don't lump Agnostics in with true Athiests, either :cool:

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Your premise is either

a] Hyperbole

b] stupid

Your choice

always???? :rolleyes: everything????

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM
What exactly is your definition of a fundamental Christian anyway? Somebody who believes in the Bible being inerrant?

Or are you referring to the Pat Robertson types?

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I disagree completely.

Fundamental Christians don't blow themselves up for Allah, claiming there's 72 virgins awaiting them in Heaven.

No, they blow muslims up claiming they follow the one true way :rolleyes:

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Your premise is either

a] Hyperbole

b] stupid

Your choice

always???? :rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about agnostics, Lounge.

Agnostics are just fence sitters.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:43 PM
What exactly is your definition of a fundamental Christian anyway? Somebody who believes in the Bible being inerrant?

Or are you referring to the Pat Robertson types?

The Latter.

Now excuse me while I go look up the word "inerrant"

[ my guess...without error? ]

Warham
No, they blow muslims up claiming they follow the one true way :rolleyes:

Yep, those 'muslims' in Iraq are blowing up other muslims right now. How righteous of them.

Nickdfresh
Yes.

"FundaMENTAL "Christians" [ oxymoron] are the most easily offended, self righteous people on the fucking planet.

Yeah, I've been yelled at for using the word damn before...

And what about the Christian-fundamentlaist mental cases at the Air Force Academy trying to intimidate any non-Christians and trying to brainwash cadets into Christian chanting?

Oh course, the "Christian" academy has the highest sexual assault rate of any of the military academies, but go figure...:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:44 PM
I didn't say anything about agnostics, Lounge.

Agnostics are just fence sitters.

Guilty as charged :cool:

I could be pushed over the fence, though :cool:

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:44 PM
What Christian academy?

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:46 PM

Oh course, the "Christian" academy has the highest sexual assault rate of any of the military academies, but go figure...:rolleyes:

And let's not bring up the rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church, which of course is the fault of "Liberal" Boston according to Rick [ my names means gay sex sauce ] Santorum

:D

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:47 PM
What Christian academy?

God, I hate it when you play dumb :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Yep, those 'muslims' in Iraq are blowing up other muslims right now. How righteous of them.

Way to skirt the real point, Warpig.

I would expect no less ;)

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
And let's not bring up the rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church, which of course is the fault of "Liberal" Boston according to Rick [ my names means gay sex sauce ] Santorum

:D

No, it's the fault of the Catholic Church for acception gay men as priests, because they think these men will not be sexually active in any way. Wrong!

If Catholics allowed married men to be priests, they'd have no shortage any longer of young men getting involved in the church. Too damn stubborn. Many of the disciples were married and had children, so their belief has no basis in history.

Warham
12-03-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm just glad this attempt to secularize America is being lost. These athiests are NOT going to win any time soon. I heard on the radio the other day that some stores are being slammed for not saying Merry Christmas anymore. Macy's stopped doing it last year, but now they are doing it in their ads this year again, probably after getting harassed by phone and e-mails from customers.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
No, it's the fault of the Catholic Church for acception gay men as priests, because they think these men will not be sexually active in any way. Wrong!

If Catholics allowed married men to be priests, they'd have no shortage any longer of young men getting involved in the church. Too damn stubborn. Many of the disciples were married and had children, so their belief has no basis in history.

Agreed 100% :cool:

FORD
12-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I have to ask: why are athiests always the ones who are offended by everything? Would an average Christian sue the city or state if a star of David was erected on the side of the road, or any other religious symbol? Would an average Muslim sue over a cross?

As I said over at DU, there's a difference between "atheist" and "anti-theist".

There's a contingent of reasonable atheists over there who get concerned about the real religious fundie crap, but otherwise are live and let live, not really caring who prays to what.

But there are a handful who every bit as batshit crazy as Pat Robertson or Osama Bin Laden. They are literally fundamentalist wackos about their hatred of ALL religion. You see what happenned when I compared them to that moron Michael Newdow. Well, actually you can't see a lot of it now, because it got wiped.

There's gotta be a few idiots to fuck up every board. Here it's the Klansmen and the aliases, over there it's the DLC'er's and the Rabid Anti-theists.

Warham
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I guess I was just getting all riled up. Those Michael Newdow types piss me off to no end. They want us to be miserable like they are. They bitch about religion trying to be promoted by the state and federal government, but they in effect are trying to get athiesm promoted by the state and feds themselves.

BigBadBrian
12-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I've been yelled at for using the word damn before...

And what about the Christian-fundamentlaist mental cases at the Air Force Academy trying to intimidate any non-Christians and trying to brainwash cadets into Christian chanting?

It's probably the heathens that are doing the molesting....or the Muslim cadets.

:gulp:

FORD
12-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It's probably the heathens that are doing the molesting....or the Muslim cadets.

Guess you haven't read James Dobson's book where he tells you to shower with little boys so you can show them whose dick is bigger.

Warham
12-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I'd like some proof on that, not that I listen to or read James Dobson's book (his voice is too irritating for one reason). I just don't like unsubstanciated claims thrown around here, unless it's about Slick Willie. ;)

thome
12-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Why are you so -In Need- of destroying religion.Christian academy
Rape, WTF.

I could give a Goddamm about some MF that doesn't believe .

I don't bitch about them not placeing signs that attest to their Non-belief.If they put a sign on the side of the road that said,- DUHH....
...Nothing....-?

I shure as hell wouldn't petition the court to have it removed.

FORD
12-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger.

Link (http://cfav.blogspot.com/2005/08/dr-james-dobson-is-not-gay_12.html)

Guitar Shark
12-03-2005, 09:51 PM
I could actually feel my IQ dropping while reading that thread.

BigBadBrian
12-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd like some proof on that, not that I listen to or read James Dobson's book (his voice is too irritating for one reason). I just don't like unsubstanciated claims thrown around here, unless it's about Slick Willie. ;)

Exactly.

He can't prove it, at least not in the context he stated.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Bet you wish you could delete that last post, eh Flucko?

Apology forthcoming to FORD, I assume, Bri?

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by thome

I could give a Goddamm about some MF that doesn't believe .

Isn't it interesting a "believer " has no problem typing Goddamn, but somehow feels a need to abbrieviate MotherFucker.

Or was that just laziness;)

Which parts of the bible you guys choose to ignore/believe always baffle me.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Guess you haven't read James Dobson's book where he tells you to shower with little boys so you can show them whose dick is bigger.

Gee, FORD....that was so out of context

Brian and Warpig will now tell you that "there's nothing wrong with that"

BigBadBrian
12-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Bet you wish you could delete that last post, eh Flucko?

Apology forthcoming to FORD, I assume, Bri?

No.

Not in the same context, as I stated previously.

FORD would be taking other little kiddies in the shower to molest them because he is a homo, whereas a man showering in FORD's example is an innocent affair.

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
No.

Not in the same context, as I stated previously.

FORD would be taking other little kiddies in the shower to molest them because he is a homo, whereas a man showering in FORD's example is an innocent affair.

I pray you're not a parent :rolleyes:

I'd love to see you just admit you're wrong once.:rolleyes:

Warpig is a lost cause, but you.......:(

Nickdfresh
12-03-2005, 10:46 PM

Or the sexually repressed buffoons that can't take their eyes off the Abu Ghraib ass-pyramid pic. and complain about it to no end...

Guitar Shark
12-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I pray you're not a parent :rolleyes:

He is.....

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Or the sexually repressed buffoons that can't take their eyes off the Abu Ghraib ass-pyramid pic. and complain about it to no end...

LMMFAO:D

LoungeMachine
12-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
He is.....

My son turns 10 soon.

We've had plenty of frank, open talks. He's not afraid to ask me anything. A happy, healthy boy.

It would never dawn on me to say "hey son, let's take a shower, I want you to see that I'm just like you, only BIGGER:rolleyes:

Those fathers are usually the Scout Leader Types who end up on America's Most Wanted :mad:

I don't know This Dobson freak from Adam, but I had heard his quote on Mike Malloy's Show. It gave me chills.

My how we've strayed off topic again............

Hardrock69
12-04-2005, 04:06 AM

So true.

The policy is actually quite silly......one of the more ridiculous footnotes in the history of the CONTINUOUS abuses of power over the past 1700 years or so perpetrated by The Dope and his chronies.

I do believe the best government is one that sees religion as irrelevant.

So I do believe in a separation of Church & State.

I am more of an Agnostic.....

However, these people are fucking stupid.

I could see if a trooper of a different faith died in the line of duty.....it would be only PROPER that IF the family wanted, a marker should be erected reflecting the trooper's religion.

As for whether or not they should erect a religious marker at all, it is still something I think they should ask the surviving family members.

But considering that a fairly sizable number of folks in Utah are Christian, Moron, whatever.....and the Cross is the symbol they have, then what the fuck is the problem of these atheist dumbass motherfuckers!!!

The crap going on in that article is crap that is a waste of fucking time.

thome
12-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Isn't it interesting a "believer " has no problem typing Goddamn, but somehow feels a need to abbrieviate MotherFucker.

Or was that just laziness;)

Which parts of the bible you guys choose to ignore/believe always baffle me.

When you get around you will notice I spelled -GD- wrong that takes the
heat off me in my mind, same as MF being abreviated.I am ashamed
for even hinting and foul language some times it is called for ?.Or
maybe your to lazy to notice the filth that spews out of your own
Mind.
This site is underlined with alot of Gay overtones and It's is starting
to piss me off.
How else could you want to destrroy religon.Because, you stand against
it.Defend the rites of people who seek out sick sh@t .

If you want to keep talking about this Filth you think is OK behavior
and justifyed it as a proper way of life go ahead .Its YOUR thing
Not MINE.
One Day you will find there is no -Grey- area, till then good luck.

Ding Dong, you sir ,are an Ass.(take that ).computer assault is
so easy, tough guy.

Warham
12-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Gee, FORD....that was so out of context

Brian and Warpig will now tell you that "there's nothing wrong with that"

I just wanted proof of Dobson's comment, Lounge, since it sounded like something that good be easily forged.

I've made no further comment, so fuck off.

BigBadBrian
12-04-2005, 08:22 AM

My son turns 10 soon.

We've had plenty of frank, open talks. He's not afraid to ask me anything. A happy, healthy boy.

It would never dawn on me to say "hey son, let's take a shower, I want you to see that I'm just like you, only BIGGER:rolleyes:

I'll just have to assume your reading comprehension is at the same level as your son's because....

Nowhere does that piece say the intention is to do what you suggest. The piece merely brings up what may be the random thought of a young boy. Nowhere does it say fathers are deliberate "Dick Comparators" like you or FORD might suggest. :D

LoungeMachine
12-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by thome
When you get around you will notice I spelled -GD- wrong that takes the
heat off me in my mind,

One Day you will find there is no -Grey- area, till then good luck.

LMMFAO

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

In the SAME quote, no less.

Changed slightly the spelling of GOD DAMN, so it "takes the heat off in my mind"

....yet there is no "gray area"

Too funny.

I'm pissing you off? Oh the humanity. To quote Brian " need a tissue?"

Thank you for proving my point for me in such black and white terms.

carry on:cool:

LoungeMachine
12-04-2005, 10:48 AM
I'll just have to assume your reading comprehension is at the same level as your son's because....

Nowhere does that piece say the intention is to do what you suggest. The piece merely brings up what may be the random thought of a young boy. Nowhere does it say fathers are deliberate "Dick Comparators" like you or FORD might suggest. :D

RANDOM THOUGHT OF A YOUNG BOY???

So much for YOUR "reading comprehension":rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
12-04-2005, 10:51 AM
He says.....

"you may bring him into the shower with you........"

That's a FAR CRY from a "random thought"

FORD
12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Since Brian wants to worry about "context" so much, Dobson's "context" is that boys showering with older men will prevent them from "choosing" to be homosexuals.

I find his "logic" hard to follow, of course. It's almost like saying "let your 8 year old drink beer so when he's a teenager, getting drunk won't be any big deal".

LoungeMachine
12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Since Brian wants to worry about "context" so much, Dobson's "context" is that boys showering with older men will prevent them from "choosing" to be homosexuals.

I find his "logic" hard to follow, of course. It's almost like saying "let your 8 year old drink beer so when he's a teenager, getting drunk won't be any big deal".

Actually it's akin to saying "let your 8 year old drink beer, and we wont choose to become an alcoholic.

BBB is dead wrong on this, and it's pathetic he refuses to admit it.

Dobson says bring them into the shower with you and let them compare. That IS NOT "random thoughts" from a child.

You DO NOT need to play SHOW AND TELL Brian to answer a child's questions.

thome
12-04-2005, 01:08 PM
LMMFAO

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

In the SAME quote, no less.

Changed slightly the spelling of GOD DAMN, so it "takes the heat off in my mind"

....yet there is no "gray area"

Too funny.

I'm pissing you off? Oh the humanity. To quote Brian " need a tissue?"

Thank you for proving my point for me in such black and white terms.

carry on:cool: I do my Best to keep a civil tone.
I know you know what i mean.

I try not to use the bad language too often.I also would remind you
that, Every little bit Hurts.So if I write FU, you don't have to take
it full force.
You can fill in the uck yo. Maybe I'll start a new language.lol

Uck Yo Oug Mach..............and you, hole lib ass.

just kidding :p
Jus Say Know To The Grey Area!!!