PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood : The Greatest

Mr Badguy
12-04-2005, 10:28 AM
While everyone is talking about movies why don`t we pay some respect to the greatest action movie actor of all time, Clint Eastwood.

Arnie, Sly, Van Damme, Segal, Cage etc. have all tried to step into the mantle of Hollywood tough guy but none can match the master.

Eastwood can even pull off comedy and "real" acting.

My favourite Clint movies:

The good, the bad and the ugly
The outlaw Josey Wales
Dirty Harry
Firefox
Where eagles dare
Unforgiven
The two films with the monkey

The man is without peer.

Jérôme Frenchise
12-04-2005, 10:31 AM
He is one of my fave actors as well. He is an amazing film director too. Yes, Clint rules, that's for sure.

POJO_Risin
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Without peer? Of that...I'm not sure...

but the guy has created an incredible personality. The best part about Eastwood is how little in real life he is to the rough and tumble characters he portrayed.

He is an incredible actor...and is able to put real emotion behind the bad ass that he's portraying. And as he's gotten older, more of that has gotten out. He's directing a new movie with Steven Spielberg...on Iwo Jima...and I think he has a small part in that movie as well...

but the rumor is...he's found another script he likes...a western...;)

we can only hope...

PHOENIX
12-04-2005, 11:12 AM
The Outlaw Josey Wales!

What a great film.

Mr Badguy
12-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Without peer? Of that...I'm not sure...

I think so.

The list of quality films he has both starred in AND directed is incredible.

Even the ones that that weren`t huge hits reflect his skill as an actor.

He is also able to make each character he plays different, rather than tham all being "Clint Eastwood".

The man with no name is totally different to Josey Wales who is totally different to Harry Callaghan who is totally different to Bronco Billy.

Yes, there are guys who have made one or two films with characters that are as good as Eastwood`s, but noone has made as many.

Terry
12-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Eastwood is purty damn good, agreed.

About time someone mentioned Firefox as being among his best! Man, I fuckin' love that flick!!

Even Million Dollar Baby was damn good, in spite of ole Morgan Freeman playing his 10 millionth version of the wise old sage. Mystic River...

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was a classic, but credit must go to Eli Wallach as well.

Eastwood totally has put a level of integrity and excellence into a lot of his work that Stallone, Arnioe and the rest only rarely bother to. Think Clint deserves whatever good comes his way. I've even forgiven him for Bronco Billy.

Hardrock69
12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Man...Pojo...that is some killer news.....

The title of this thread says it all...

:cool:

Hardrock69
12-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Could you imagine if Spielberg says to Clint:

"How would you like to make a film with an unlimited budget?"

Pairing those two means infinite possibilities....

Soul Reaper
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I think I should go get Good, Bad and the Ugly....I've seen Pale Rider and Unforgivem....he was cool in them....although he's cool in anything he does....

jero
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Hang em high

Jimmy Jingles
12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Eastwood is purty damn good, agreed.

About time someone mentioned Firefox as being among his best! Man, I fuckin' love that flick!!

Fucking straight! Firefox rocked my balls!

Eastwood is God. Nooche.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/dvdfile/20021004/1395.jpg

:D

bastardog
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Eastwood is tha man
The only westerns that I can stand today are the ones with him. Those three Spagetti Westerns where the best thing I had saw on TV when a kid.

How many of you tried the Eastwood face expression on that movies when kids?

Hardrock69
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Soul Reaper....get The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Collectors Edition. It is in a white box, with 2 DVDs.

They added about half an hour of deleted scenes back in, so it is about 3 hours long.

The interviews and behind the scenes stuff on the second disc is fucking killer!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
12-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Firefox is hilarious. I dig "Heartbreak Ridge" a damn lot as well.
http://img.cinesnap.com/images_films/32806.jpg

bfm
12-05-2005, 03:50 PM
He is a legend...

Mr Badguy
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I think I should go get Good, Bad and the Ugly....I've seen Pale Rider and Unforgivem....he was cool in them....although he's cool in anything he does....

The good, the bad and the ugly is one of those films you`ve got to see.

Eastwood is at his best and Eli Walloch and Lee Van Cleef are just as good.

Srgio Leone`s direction unhurried direction builds great tension, I never really understood why it was so drawn out when I was a kid but I understand now.

The soundtrack is also amazing and not just the famous theme tune.

My favourite western of all time.

Hardrock69
12-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I gotta say this as well:
Chief Dan George stole the show in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

His deadpan statements have made me laff like hell for many years now:

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Mr Badguy
12-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I gotta say this as well:
Chief Dan George stole the show in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

His deadpan statements have made me laff like hell for many years now:

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

He was killer in "Little big man" as well.

He wasn`t even an actor either but a real Indian chief!

Soul Reaper
12-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Originally posted by Mr Badguy

Cheers for the info, guys....

Golden AWe
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I watched the DIRTY HARRY last friday, for the 50th time or something.

I was about 7 or 8 when a friend of my father, showed me and my brother some good movies. They always agreed on watching something else, like a movie "kids could watch", but instead he showed us the DIRTY HARRY, TAXI DRIVER, EASY RIDER etc...

And about the best western...I think only MAN WITH THE HARMONICA can even compete with THE GOOD, BAD AND THE UGLY. I larve A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS too...a lot...

Hell, I also enjoy that sad, romantic movie with old Clint and Meryl Streep.

Clint, along with DLR and LARRY THORNE are my personal heroes...

DavidLeeNatra
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I love the story about clint and leone when they did their first movie and clint had a scene where he entered a saloon and leone wanted a reaction on his face and asked him to "play" something...clint just did NOTHING, drove good old sergio nuts but all leone could shoot was a stone cold face...which turned out perfect...

don't forget to mention "million dollar baby" one of the best dramas In the last years...

stringfelowhawk
12-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I'd watch him recite verses from the bible I love him so much. Hell he could stare at a wall for 90 mins and I'd be inclined to watch cause him doin that is more engaging than most of Hollywood's shit.
Clint Eastwood is the only actor I can think of that don't have to say a word when you see him on screen. Him silent says more than any cheesy cliche'd dialogue could ever get across. Watch the "Three Spagetti Westerns", "High Plains Drifter", Hang Em High, or even Pale Rider. He don't say alot. Just that squint. Fuckin classic. Hell, you gotta be cool if you have a ravine named after you in a Robert Zemekis film that happens to steal the infamous "stove bullet proof vest" scene.
Plus he gets mega points for having some of the most memorable movie qoutes ever. Instant classics one and all.
Everyone remembers "Dirty Harry". He's got a few from those. The "Do you feel lucky?", "Go ahead, make my day", his explanation for his actions responding to the mayor's "Filmore District" comment.
"Right turn Clyde", "How's it with stains" from Josey Wales or "Dying ain't no way to make a livin". "Ahh Lily, now I gotta put all that shit back on!" "His monologue about the first shot in In The Line Of Fire". (If you catch the feature with Renee Russo explaining that scene and then you watch the movie you can see exactly how hard she's tryin not to mess it up because everyone knows he hates multiple takes and she starts to tear up which was not in the script because she realized she was standing next to Clint Eastwood and he was fuckin nailin that scene on the first take. She said thats the moment she understood she was standing next to an honest to GOD Hollywood Legend in a time where there are practically very few left.) That made smile and sad because she's right. There aren't many TRUE legends left. Cept Newman and Redford.
"Heartbreak Ridge" is a great movie.
"The Gauntlet", "Every which way but loose", "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "The Unforgiven", "Mystic River", "Play Misty For Me", "Dirty Harry", and even "Million Dollar Baby".
You're right. He's without peer.
Clint Eastwood in a western is like GOD giving a sermon. You KNOW you're in for a treat. Hell, the last 20 mins of "Unforgiven" is cinematic perfection. He has a sense of humor and a desert delivery that kills me.
My two favorite westerns of all time are "Josey Wales" and "Butch And Sundance".

EbDawson
12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
"There's nothing like a nice piece of Hickory".

Soul Reaper
12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH/11907.jpg