PDA

View Full Version : Kramer "1984"

Bullethead #1
03-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Kramer "1984" reissue guitar

Has anyone seen this? I thought that the Kramer Beretta was the guitar eddie endorsed. I'm pretty sure Kramer is owned by Gibson now.

http://www.musicyo.com/product_images/984_full.jpg

degüello
03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
God, they look like cheap little sissie-kid guitars.

Cathedral
04-01-2004, 01:38 AM
They suck big donkey balls, and the price says it all.
I played one of these and i have played an original issue Kramer and there is nothing, i repeat nothing similar about them quality wise.

If you just want to paint it up like ed's and use it as a showpiece then i guess it's worth half the dough...but other than that i wouldn't touch another one to save someones life, including my own....

Rubnose
04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Isn't it funny that on the TV show "Kramer" his fathers dog is named "Eddie"?

I think that's funny. Isn't that funny. It's like ....uh......ya know.....like funny.

Never mind.

alexpgrimes
04-01-2004, 11:04 PM
That's Frasier dumb ass...lol

GAR
04-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Kramers are imports and ugly at best.

Cathedral
04-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Amen to that, GAR..............

Add some legs and they make a great coffee table.

Coyote
04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
So why do I still have the urge to aquire a guitar of similar look and configuration?

Huggy Bear
04-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I thought that the Kramer Beretta was the guitar eddie endorsed

Nope, the body on the 5150 was a Kramer Pacer Special.

Panamark
04-17-2004, 05:50 AM
What were the original Kramers like to play ? Ive never had one in my hands. Any good ??

BrownSound1
04-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
What were the original Kramers like to play ? Ive never had one in my hands. Any good ??

I fuckin' loved them. Fast neck, great tone courtesy of Seymour Duncan, and at the time, the only guitars to have REAL Floyds on them as a standard item. They were THE guitar to have in the 80's if you played rock. (Of course having EVH endorsing you back then helped a whole lot too.) :D

BTW, the Kramer 1984 are based off of guitars that Rols from Rolsguitars had. I originally thought that these particular models were American made, and all of the other new Kramers were made in Korea. I could be mistaken, but I thought Gibson was doing that. I also thought it was funny that Gibson, who owns the Kramer name, had to go to Rols and others to get dimensions and shit for a Pacer neck and body. I guess the original blueprints and what not are all gone.

Cathedral
04-21-2004, 10:29 AM
If you compare the guitar Ed used to these "kramer-esque" bodies you will notice a huge difference in the shape and angles on the sides.

These guitars are over-priced for what they are and I agree with Brownsound1....The original Kramers were the cream of the crop of their day.
A buddy of mine just sold his Original Kramer like an idiot and will regret it very soon...especially since he sold it before finding it's replacement.
If i had known he was selling it I would own it right now...$300.00 is all he got for it and it is worth 3 times that at least.

And yes, it had an Original Floyd on it as well...

Some people just walk around in darkness never seeing the clue...

Panamark
04-26-2004, 02:33 AM
Fuck ! I would have given him $300.. Just out of curiosity to play one..
You guys get guitars too cheaply ! We are looking at $5000 to buy a Les Paul over here..

Cathedral
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Les Paul's seem to be equally over-priced here as well. The one I want is $4,600.00...

But i'm retired for good now so..........whats the point until my 50th Birthday?
Then I will want one just to noodle around on at home and it will probably be twice that price in 10 years.

I remember when dude bought that Kramer...He paid like $1300.00 for it, but he was one of those guys who couldn't really play and had a Mommy and Daddy that would buy him any premium gear he said he wanted.
He has no sense of value at all and just basically gave it all away for far less than it was worth.
Unfortunately he never remembered my number when selling off the shit.

Panamark
05-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Bugger... If you had bought it, I could have bought it from you :)

Cathedral
05-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but not for $300.00.
I would liked to have added it to my small collection for sure.

I have another friend who has a Kramer that is more like a strat and he wants $1,000.00 cash for it.
It is a maroon color with two double coil Humbuckers in it, it sounds really sweet through my amp but too pricey for my taste.

jacksmar
05-10-2004, 03:31 PM
The necks were hit or miss. The late 80's Kramers had decent tone but short on sustain.