PDA

View Full Version : Al-Jazeera Goofs On Airing Bin Laden Tape

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Last Updated: Wednesday, 7 December 2005, 11:28 GMT

Al-Jazeera admits Bin Laden error

A videotape claiming Osama Bin Laden is still "alive and fighting" dates back to September, Arab television channel al-Jazeera has admitted.
Al-Jazeera's editor-in-chief, Ahmed Sheikh, said his channel had broadcast the footage by mistake.

Mr Sheikh said it had received the video in September and aired "the important parts" at the time.

In the video, Bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, also claimed al-Qaeda was behind the London bombings on 7 July.

"We got the videotape in September, and back then we aired what we thought were the important parts," Mr Sheikh told the AFP news agency.

"There was a misunderstanding today, and we aired these extracts today by mistake."

'Message of joy'

Zawahiri claimed in September that al-Qaeda's leader was still alive and leading a "holy war" against the West.

He called for attacks on oil targets and said al-Qaeda was "spreading and expanding and strengthening".

News of Bin Laden's good health was a "message of joy to all Muslims", Mr Zawahri said.

Al-Qaeda, he said, was a "popular organisation confronting a new Crusader Zionist Western and Israeli campaign, in defence of all violated Muslim lands".

Guitar Shark
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
So, is he alive or not?

I mean, I know Bush says he doesn't care, but I do.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
He's in Pakistan serving coffee at the Starbucks on 4th and Yak St.

Guitar Shark
12-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
He's in Pakistan serving coffee at the Starbucks on 4th and Yak St.

Which one? There are two on that corner.

True story -- there are THREE Starbucks in my office building.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
That's also a funny scene in Best of Show.

Starbucks is the Antichrist of Coffee

I prefer Tully's myself

Hardrock69
12-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey, if Al-Jazeera is claiming they aired a videotape claiming Bin laden is alive by MISTAKE, does this not mean that Bin Laden is truly dead?

I mean, even though there were worldwide news reports saying he died in December of 2003, his name is continually trotted out as some sort of "boogeyman" for Chimpy and the BCE to frighten the public with.

This latest news item is just the final piece of the puzzle (well almost the final....like where is the fucker buried...)

At the least he has not released any current new video in quite awhile, has he?

FORD
12-08-2005, 02:09 AM

I prefer Tully's myself

Tully's is better than Starfucks, but Batdorf & Bronson (http://www.batdorf.com) is the shiznit! :cool:

Nickdfresh
12-08-2005, 05:50 AM

I prefer Tully's myself

I replicate the taste of STARBUCKS' coffee at home by leaving the pot on the burner for six hours.:)