PDA

View Full Version : Bush Slammed By Religious NUTS over Christmas Cards

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Thu 8 Dec 2005

Fury as Bush leaves Christ off his Christmas cards

MARGARET NEIGHBOUR

CONSERVATIVE Christians in the United States who received Christmas cards from the White House this month are complaining that something is missing: Christmas.

George Bush, the president, sent out cards with a generic message, wishing 1.4 million supporters a happy "holiday season".

Joseph Farah, the editor of the conservative website WorldNetDaily.com said that Mr Bush "claims to be a born-again, evangelical Christian, but sure doesn't act like one".

He added: "I threw out my White House card as soon as I got it."

Other conservatives on the Bushes' list accused the first couple of giving in to a national push for more secular celebrations.

The front of the cards, which were paid for by the Republican National Committee, shows the presidential pets - two dogs and a cat - playing in the snow on the White House lawn.

continued

ELVIS
12-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I really am appalled...

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 09:30 PM
fuck it

Here's the link

LMMFAO

Poor Chimp can't win for Losing.......

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2367282005

ELVIS
12-07-2005, 09:33 PM
When I voted for Bush, It was, for one reason, that he wouldn't give in to political pressure...

He's become a failure...

Seshmeister
Originally posted by ELVIS
I really am appalled...

LOL!

ELVIS
:D

FORD
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Funny how this "Christian" pResident will invite Muslims over for a Ramadan celebration and then wish everybody a happy Hannukah, but not even acknowledge his own alleged religion.

But then, he's controlled by the Saudis on one hand and the Likud PNAC'ers on the other, so there's no doubt where his true allegiances are.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 09:34 PM
When I voted for Bush, It was, for one reason, that he wouldn't give in to political pressure...

He's become a failure...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM

He's become a failure...

become????????

Have you not read his resume????

LMMFAO:D

ELVIS
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Funny how this "Christian" pResident will invite Muslims over for a Ramadan celebration and then wish everybody a happy Hannukah, but not even acknowledge his own alleged religion.

But then, he's controlled by the Saudis on one hand and the Likud PNAC'ers on the other, so there's no doubt where his true allegiances are.

Disgusting...

Every now and then you make a good post...

This is one of them...

Hardrock69
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
This is a grate post.

I had not really paid attention before, to the points outlined above, but it seems this is the way it is....

Hell, the Saudis have been so close to the US Government for so many decades you cannot tell where one ends and the other one begins!

:D

4moreyears
12-07-2005, 10:50 PM

what a dick. You would bitching if he acknowledged his religion saying he is a neocon religious nut job. You can't have it both way Howard Dean Jr.

ELVIS
12-07-2005, 10:51 PM
FORD is usually prepared to bitch at just about anything...

ODShowtime
12-07-2005, 11:02 PM

He's become a failure...

He was a failure long before you voted for him.

Guitar Shark
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
what a dick. You would bitching if he acknowledged his religion saying he is a neocon religious nut job. You can't have it both way Howard Dean Jr.

Dude, seriously... give up your FORD obsession already. It's borderline psychotic.

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 11:28 PM
borderline??

He's so far over the border..... [ insert punchline here]

LoungeMachine
12-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
He was a failure long before you voted for him.

I'm seriously doubting this tool has ever been in a voting booth in his life.

But point well taken.

:cool:

ELVIS
12-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Who me ??

At one point, George Bush had integrity, and seemed to be somewhat honest...

LoungeMachine
12-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Not you, E

4morequeers

Hardrock69
12-08-2005, 02:30 AM
The hard part for the public is guessing who is going to be honest and do a good job.

Meaning almost never will someone get elected that can do both.

And of course the President, being a figurehead (moreso in some cases than others), he is kind of at the mercy of his handlers.

I mean Christ....20 years after Watergate, there is still shit coming out that has been classified for all these years.

If we are still around 20 years from now, I shudder to think of all the bullshit that is gonna come out about Chimpy and his cronies....

kentuckyklira
12-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Who me ??

At one point, George Bush had integrity, and seemed to be somewhat honest... Most hilarious post of all times. Unless you mean when little George was in prep school!

DrMaddVibe
12-08-2005, 07:07 AM
I got a card...nothing special or to go on a bender about.

Nickdfresh
12-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I didn't get a card from the White House...

**sigh**:(

Seshmeister
12-08-2005, 07:49 AM
I think the administration torturing people was a bit of a giveaway that maybe they weren't really good Christians...

knuckleboner
12-08-2005, 09:53 AM
but not even acknowledge his own alleged religion.

i don't know...when he lights the capitol "Christmas" tree this year, it might be some type of acknowledgement...

Cathedral
12-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Has anyone compared it to cards from previous years though?
I mean is there really a change that went on or is it the first time since he took office that the card excluded the word Christmas?

For the record, he was a failure long before this became an issue.
Now maybe everyone can see in him what i do, and not much of it is what I call, "Christian".

Pink Spider
12-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Anybody that makes a big deal over someone saying happy holidays is a loon.

Only a bunch of fundamentalists could be offended at people trying to be polite to everyone.

And let's be proper, its a Saturnalia tree. Have fun celebrating in the name of your god, Bacchus.

Happy holidays!

Nickdfresh
12-08-2005, 12:00 PM
EDDIE VAN HALEN sure celebrates BACCHUS...