PDA

View Full Version : Iraq casualties being shipped home in fucking baggage compartments

FORD
12-11-2005, 05:34 AM
Family Upset Over Marine's Body Arriving As Freight
Marine Bodies Sent To Families On Commercial Airliners

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1210/5505031_240X180.jpg

POSTED: 4:46 pm PST December 9, 2005
UPDATED: 6:20 pm PST December 9, 2005
SAN DIEGO -- There's controversy over how the military is transporting the bodies of service members killed overseas, 10News reported.

A local family said fallen soldiers and Marines deserve better and that one would think our war heroes are being transported with dignity, care and respect. It said one would think upon arrival in their hometowns they are greeted with honor. But unfortunately, the family said that is just not the case.

Dead heroes are supposed to come home with their coffins draped with the American flag -- greeted by a color guard.

But in reality, many are arriving as freight on commercial airliners -- stuffed in the belly of a plane with suitcases and other cargo.

John Holley and his wife, Stacey, were stunned when they found out the body of their only child, Matthew, who died in Iraq last month, would be arriving at Lindbergh Field as freight.

"When someone dies in combat, they need to give them due respect they deserve for (the) sacrifice they made," said John Holley.

John and Stacey Holley, who were both in the Army, made some calls, and with the help of U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer, Matthew was greeted with honor and respect.

"Our familiarity with military protocol and things of that sort allowed us to kind of put our foot down -- we're not sure other parents have that same knowledge," said Stacey Holley.

The Holleys now want to make sure every fallen hero gets the proper welcome.

The bodies of dead service members arrive at Dover Air Force Base.

From that point, they are sent to their families on commercial airliners.

Reporters from 10News called the Defense Department for an explanation. A representative said she did not know why this is happening.

Copyright 2004 by 10News.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

link (http://www.10news.com/news/5504608/detail.html)

blueturk
12-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Medals Of Freedom for the people who planned the war, and baggage compartments for the people who die in it. Fucking bullshit....

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 21, 2004

NATEDOG001976
12-11-2005, 07:47 AM
That's just wrong!

LoungeMachine
12-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
That's just wrong!

Could you possibly keep your post padding out of The Frontline?

When the new post search list comes up, and YOU literally have 20 posts in a row, spread all over the board, it shows you're not bringing anything other than mindless keystrokes.

Not in here, this is the Big Person's Table, mkay?

:rolleyes:

Is there plenty of gas in the weedeater FORD ?

Nickdfresh
12-11-2005, 10:54 AM
This needs to be addressed; the fallen deserve better than this. The military can't lend the airlines a hand and specifically charter "coffin-liners" with an honor guard to show more respect?

LoungeMachine
12-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Brings to mind when Rummy was exposed having the condolence letters to the families signed by the auto-pen, and not personally.

Money and apathy.

The only 2 exlplanations needed for the DOD

FORD
12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Bumping this back up just in case the Busheep missed it......

Unchainme
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Pretty Sick, This pisses me off.

FORD
12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Bumping again because of the new story......

How the FUCK is this still happenning? Why aren't the fucking veterans organizations raising unholy HELL about this??

For that matter, why aren't the families of the dead speaking out??

kentuckyklira
12-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 21, 2004 How do you "lose a loss of life"????

FORD
12-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
How do you "lose a loss of life"????

Freudian slip there from the Chimp. He just admittted that the war ending, and nobody dying would be a sad thing for him.

Fucking bastard. :mad:

Nitro Express
12-12-2006, 12:31 AM
That's how bodies are usually shipped. As frieght. That's how funeral homes do it believe it or not. Cremated ashes come UPS or by other courier. It's true.

It's all about saving money. Funeral homes do it here at home and the US military does it overseas.

I've heard stories where the body doesn't arrive for the funeral because the airline messed up and loaded it on the wrong plane.

blueturk
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Medals Of Freedom for the people who planned the war, and baggage compartments for the people who die in it. Fucking bullshit....

"It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 21, 2004

WTF???!!! I agree with this, but I didn't post it....what the hell? How did somebody use my name? Is there a security breach or something? I don't like this shit at all. And yes, I'm serious.

BigBadBrian
12-14-2006, 07:43 AM
WTF???!!! I agree with this, but I didn't post it....what the hell? How did somebody use my name? Is there a security breach or something? I don't like this shit at all. And yes, I'm serious.

Hmm.....

Mods?

LoungeMachine
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
No clue how that could have happened, it's more of a webbie question.

I've heard of this happening once before in this forum. And then there was the whole "posts getting eaten by MaddVibe" thing a while back.

???

blueturk
12-14-2006, 07:04 PM
What's fucking with me is that it even sounds like something I'd say, complete with Bushism. However, the post doesn't show up if you search my posts. I haven't been on here much lately...maybe somebody missed me or something. It's fucked up.

Nickdfresh
12-15-2006, 08:31 PM
WTF???!!! I agree with this, but I didn't post it....what the hell? How did somebody use my name? Is there a security breach or something? I don't like this #### at all. And yes, I'm serious.

Did you realize that it was posted over a year ago?;)

But yes, there has been some fishy shiite going on on the website...

blueturk
12-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Did you realize that it was posted over a year ago?;)

No wonder it sounded like something I'd post....:o

Nickdfresh
12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Necroposter! :mad: