PDA

View Full Version : Cheney to Recruit Arabs and Muslims for Iraq

LoungeMachine
12-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Arabs: Cheney seeks Arab forces in Iraq

CAIRO, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- Arab diplomats said Sunday that Vice President Dick Cheney will visit the region this month to persuade leaders to dispatch Arab and Muslim forces in Iraq.

Arab diplomatic sources told United Press International that Cheney will hold talks with Arab leaders to urge them to deploy forces in Iraq after the formation of a new government in Baghdad following the Dec. 15 legislative elections.

Egyptian officials said Cheney was expected in Cairo for several hours on Dec. 22 for talks with President Hosni Mubarak in his first visit to the country since March 2002.

The officials did not specify the agenda of discussions between the two men.

But Arab diplomats said on condition of anonymity Cheney was expected to ask Mubarak to discuss with other Arab and Muslim leaders the possibility of sending troops to Iraq to pave the way for reducing the number of U.S. troops in that country.

The sources added that Cheney's tour will include Pakistan and Afghanistan, and possibly Saudi Arabia.

They said Washington was hoping that Arab and Muslim peace-keeping forces would deploy in areas from where the U.S. troops plan to withdraw, and to "send a message of assurances to neighboring countries that America does not intend to remain in Iraq."

Unchainme
12-11-2005, 05:32 PM
"Go Fuck Yourself Mr. Cheney"

gratest qoute of '05.

diamondD
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey, if it means bringing our people home and keeping the country from falling into civil war, get it done.

Cathedral
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

LoungeMachine
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Hey, if it means bringing our people home and keeping the country from falling into civil war, get it done.

hear, hear

Couldn't agree more.

If jello shots followed by nude twister is what it takes........

I say bottoms up.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
12-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
"Go Fuck Yourself Mr. Cheney"

gratest qoute of '05.

Dammit, Nick.

Did you leave the Front door unlocked, again?

Unchainme
12-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Dammit, Nick.

Did you leave the Front door unlocked, again?

:D

Nickdfresh
12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry.

Unchainme
12-11-2005, 06:37 PM
I'll just sneak out the window I guess.

DLR'sCock
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a good idea that is years overdue, but don't let this fool you into to thinking that Cheney wants the boys out anytime soon.