PDA

View Full Version : Cool article on Howard Stern's transition to Satellite Radio...

Hardrock69
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20051210/113424480000.html

Diamondjimi
12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
People can say what they want about Stern, but he's an innovator and goddammit he makes me laugh !
Satellite radio is where it's at. No commercials !

Go get 'em Howard !!!

Hardrock69
12-13-2005, 01:59 AM
I truly am interested in hearing what the fuck he is gonna come up with now.

I mean, for fuck's sake, on Satellite Radio he can say WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO!!!!

By the way...his last show is this Friday (on regular radio).

Anyone got a link to streaming audio of the show?

Be nice if someone could record it and post it somewhere at least....I wanna hear what he has to say in the last 10 minutes of the show....

ELVIS
12-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Howard is gonna tank...

twonabomber
12-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

By the way...his last show is this Friday (on regular radio).

Anyone got a link to streaming audio of the show?

Be nice if someone could record it and post it somewhere at least....I wanna hear what he has to say in the last 10 minutes of the show....

Stern isn't streamed.

i've been recording the last three weeks.

Hardrock69
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
That does not bode well for being able to hear Uncle Dave on the internet then...
:(

Ally_Kat
12-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
People can say what they want about Stern, but he's an innovator and goddammit he makes me laugh !
Satellite radio is where it's at. No commercials !

Go get 'em Howard !!!

He's no innovator when it comes to jumping to Satellite. Another famous NYC radio duo already did it. Then he decided to follow them after the FCC stuff happened.

But what's he going to do if they don't give him problems? Half his schtick is "they won't let me do that. why not?"

Alex Mogilny
12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Now he'll bae able to say:

Shit, Fuck, Cock, Pussy, Cunt

when he is talking to lesbians about taking their clothes off.

Hardrock69
12-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Man, if some people thought he was offensive before, his hate mail is going to increase one-hundredfold once he gets to Satellite.

I mean come on...he has people like John Holmes' Hero the KKK Guy....

twonabomber
12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
That does not bode well for being able to hear Uncle Dave on the internet then...
:(

Dave will be webcast.

twonabomber
12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
He's no innovator when it comes to jumping to Satellite. Another famous NYC radio duo already did it.

you're right, but they were an easy hire since they got fired and couldn't get a job on regular radio any more. not like they had a contract to wait out or anything. there are still cities where O&A are unknown, at least Stern had the E! show nationwide even if the radio show wasn't.

when Stern was on the Today show the other day, Katie Couric said Stern was the first shock jock in space...O&A were probably happy with that. and XM does absolutely shit for promotion for them, they aren't mentioned on XM commercials at all.