PDA

View Full Version : FORD Hospitalized for tests, doesn't look good, Let the Death Pool Begin

LoungeMachine
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Gerald Ford Hospitalized For Tests

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif., Dec. 13, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP)

(CBS/AP) Former President Gerald Ford has been hospitalized for what his chief of staff called routine medical tests.

Penny Circle said Mr. Ford, who is 92, is suffering from "a horrible cold and he still hasn't gotten over it."

He was admitted to Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., late Monday night and is expected to be released Wednesday.

CBS News correspondent Peter Maer reports Mr. Ford has not been seen in public in recent years. His last known major medical problem was a stroke in 2000. Following treatment with anti-clotting drugs, he did not suffer any permanent after-effects.

In January, Mr. Ford underwent two days of hospital tests to follow-up on his annual pre-Christmas physical.

After the death of Ronald Reagan in June 2004, Mr. Ford became the United States' oldest living former president.

Mr. Ford was House minority leader when President Richard Nixon chose him to replace Vice President Spiro Agnew, who resigned in 1973. He became president on Aug. 9, 1974, when Nixon resigned amid the Watergate scandal.

LoungeMachine
12-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I believe,.....

The only man to serve as both VP and Pres, but never elected to either office.....

Leave it to the Republicans

LoungeMachine
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
•Former President Ford Undergoes Tests at Hospital

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. — Former President Gerald Ford is in the hospital with pneumonia, FOX News has confirmed.

He is said to be doing well and resting comfortably at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho, Mirage, Calif., his chief of staff Penny Circle said Monday in a statement.

"Based on his age it is prudent for his initial course of treatment — IV antibiotics — to be done at the hospital," Circle told The Associated Press.

Ford was admitted to the hospital on Saturday and should be released on Wednesday or Thursday, she said.

"He's doing very well," Circle said.

When asked if the pneumonia was the result of any lingering effects from a bad cold Ford had last month, Circle would only say, "I don't think so."

No other information will be available until Tuesday, when a press release will be issued, Circle told FOX News. Hospital officials declined to comment.

In December, the former president, who is 92, spent time in the hospital after suffering a "horrible cold" and undergoing routine medical tests.

Ford was president of the United States in the mid-1970s, taking office in 1974 after then President Richard Nixon resigned over the Watergate scandal. Ford led the country for two years before losing the 1976 election to Jimmy Carter.

Doctors say Ford is in good health for his age, though he spent a night in the hospital in 2003 for dizzy spells after golfing in hot weather and suffered two small strokes in 2000 while attending the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia. He was in the hospital for a week after the strokes, but was left with no permanent damage.

Since the death of Ronald Reagan in June 2004, Ford has become the nation's oldest living former president. He lives in Rancho Mirage outside of Palm Springs, Calif.

FORD
01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Anytime the words "IV antibiotics" are included, assume it's serious. That's only done when the dosage required is so high that it wouldn't be practical in pill form.

Pneumonia at that age could be traumatic anyway. The poor old guy could break a rib coughing. And no, I ain't joking.

I'm thinking Jerry's next golf game is going to be on God's greens.

4moreyears
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I believe,.....

The only man to serve as both VP and Pres, but never elected to either office.....

Leave it to the Republicans

According to Ford, Gore was close. He keeps calling him president, but he was never elected to that office.

FORD
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
No, you dolt. Gore WAS elected.

Chimpy is the second unelected pResident. Ford was a BCE tool as well, but at least he was one of the least offensive. Himself, that is.

His staff were all the usual suspects.... Uncle Dick, Rummy, Poppy Bush heading up the CIA, etc.

BigBadBrian
01-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Please post cartoon images in cartoon thread. And try to find some new ones. Thanks.....

Phil theStalker
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Fir1st tit was Shelley Winters and now dis.

How can I goo on?

:spank:

knuckleboner
01-17-2006, 10:05 AM
when you're 92, shouldn't the death pool be operating 24/7, regardless?

BigBadBrian
01-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Please post cartoon images in cartoon thread. And try to find some new ones. Thanks.....

Fuck off, FORD. You're a little too high and mighty for that 52 inch waist of yours with your mod powers.

You're the one that bitched about cartoons outside the thread in the first place, so suck it, bitch.

Seshmeister
01-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Chimpy is the second unelected pResident. Ford was a BCE tool as well, but at least he was one of the least offensive. Himself, that is.

His staff were all the usual suspects.... Uncle Dick, Rummy, Poppy Bush heading up the CIA, etc.

That may or may not be true but I think the essential question is 'Why did the democrats have to rely on a few votes here or there to beat an ex drug addict, war mongering lazy spastic twice...?'

FORD
01-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
That may or may not be true but I think the essential question is 'Why did the democrats have to rely on a few votes here or there to beat an ex drug addict, war mongering lazy spastic twice...?'

That's where the election fraud came in. Especially in 2004. I'm not exactly Judas IsKerryot's biggest fan, but it's mathematically impossible for Junior to have won that election legitimately.

Seshmeister
01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
The point that you find to hard to accept is that even if he did he maybe won it 51% to 49%.

What are you doing about that?

The 'used to be free world' is getting pretty fed up being led by 20% of the US electorate.

FORD
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The point that you find to hard to accept is that even if he did he maybe won it 51% to 49%.

What are you doing about that?

The 'used to be free world' is getting pretty fed up being led by 20% of the US electorate.

So is the other 80% of the US electorate. Problem is that a lot of them won't show up to vote because the DLC (Republicans posing as Democrats) put up a candidate like Judas or Hillary whose positions are indistinguishable from the Chimp's (at least on foreign policy), so they stay home.

Idiots within my own party have allowed that to happen, and I'm embarrassed to even be associated with the fucking traitors, but I'm trying to do something about it, and reclaim the party of FDR, JFK, and Jimmy Carter.

As for the 51-49 numbers, those may be entirely artificial. It seems that is the standard outcome for most Diebolded precincts. And it's not likely that all those elections are that close. Until the electro-fraud machines are removed, we can't ever be certain of ANY election in this country again.

Guitar Shark
01-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Those were hardly "cartoons" that BBB posted.

FORD
01-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Those were hardly "cartoons" that BBB posted.

They were the exact same type of graphics that he bitched about not being in the cartoon thread.

Though there were no formal rules regarding this procedure at the time, he's the one who insisted upon it, so I'm merely holding Brian to his own standards.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM

Though there were no formal rules regarding this procedure at the time, he's the one who insisted upon it, so I'm merely holding Brian to his own standards.

Brian has standards?

Who knew :confused:

FORD
01-18-2006, 04:09 PM
couldn't think of a better word.

Guitar Shark
01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Brian has standards?

Who knew :confused:

LOL :D

Go Hawks!