PDA

View Full Version : “That’s what the resistance has achieved.”

Ally_Kat
12-16-2005, 01:45 AM
The insurgents clearly still enjoy widespread support in Fallujah, but are mentioned only indirectly and always as the muqawama — “resistance” — rarely as “terrorists”. One youth, giving his name only as Firas, proclaimed their achievements. “Because of the resistance the Democratic Party in America has started calling to withdraw US troops from Iraq,” he said, smiling. “That’s what the resistance has achieved.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1934257,00.html

FORD
12-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Well, that confirms that the BCE is behind this bullshit.

No way that any ACTUAL Iraqi resistance would give two steaming camel shits about American political parties.

And anyone who believes they would needs a serious mental evaluation.

Warham
12-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Why not, FORD? Don't think the Iraqis are smart enough to pay attention to international politics?

The cut and run Democrats in this country should be ashamed of themselves.

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 08:56 AM
..."The insurgents clearly still enjoy widespread support in (Boston), but are mentioned only indirectly and always as the 'Continental Army' — 'resistance' — rarely as 'terrorists'. One youth, giving his name only as (Josiah Bartlett), proclaimed their achievements. 'Because of the resistance the (Labor) Party in (Great Britain) has started calling to withdraw (English Red Coats) from (America),' he said, smiling. 'That’s what the resistance has achieved.'

Edited from: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1934257,00.html

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, that confirms that the BCE is behind this bullshit.

No way that any ACTUAL Iraqi resistance would give two steaming camel shits about American political parties.

And anyone who believes they would needs a serious mental evaluation.

Where in the hell do you come up with this shit?
The insurgents are definately following the american political machine very closely, bro. They smell victory flowing off of people like Boxer, Pelosi, Dean, Murtha, etc. etc. etc......No my friend, you are the one in need of a mental evaluation if you think they don't anticipate a political breakdown from leftist pressure that results in an early withdrawl giving them the victory and THAT is what will make our fallen soldiers deaths in vain.

Every fucking ill chosen word you and your ilk throw forward does more to help the enemy than it does to change what you don't like here on the home front.

I'm just now beginning to think that you all may be too stupid to figure that out.
Do the insurgents give a shit about our domestic political agenda?
Hell no, but the words you all use in your opposition to this war places you on their side.
I mean think about it, they want us out and so do you. they think the occupation is illegal, so do you.
They want total control based on fear over the Iraqi's, and you want to hand the Iraqi's over to them to be slaughtered yet again.

I'm sorry, but i'm starting to have a hard time distinguishing between an American Liberal and a Terrorist.
You both seem to be saying the same thing....who is it you support again?
I need clarification because you just can't tell anymore who's side you're really on.

ELVIS
12-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Where in the hell do you come up with this shit?

He dreams it up like a paranoid schizophrenic, who believes the government plants computer chips in peoples brains...

That's why they put their cats in the freezer...

You wouldn't believe how many times i've heard of such a thing in the mental health community...

:elvis:

knuckleboner
12-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Warham
The cut and run Democrats in this country should be ashamed of themselves.

as should the war for any reason republicans.

it's those of us between those two extremes that have to work things out...

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Sounds an awful lot like Dementia to me.

ELVIS
12-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Dementia is more like Alzheimer's disease...

LoungeMachine
12-16-2005, 09:56 AM
You know Cath, I have nothing but respect and admiration for you and Warham, even DD and BBB in here....

I know even with our differences, you guys are patriots who love our country.

That being said, I'm sick of having MY patriotism called into question by being called a "cut n run Liberal" and saying we side, or can be cuntfused with the "insurgents" THAT'S BULLSHIT.

1 - I love my country, and only want the best for ALL Americans, and don't want to see our military used for nation building or regime change when the target and it's people hold NO threat to our safety and well being

2- I don't know of anyone actually calling for "cut n run" .....immediate and full withdrawl....instead we think the Iraqis need to stand up FOR THEMSELVES BY NOW.

3- Have you ever put yourself in their shoes for a moment? Hypothetically speaking, CHINA has decided that the US has become a threat to the World, and Our leaders need to be taken out. Chinese soldiers now roam your street, pull your friends and neighbors out of their homes, and detain them without proof, trial, or due process. Are you actually telling me CATHEDRAL ISNT GOING TO TAKE UP ARMS AND FIGHT THE CHINESE SOLDIERS HE FEELS HAS NO BUSINESS IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD, LET ALONE HIS COUNTRY????????

Something tells me YOU'D be one of the first "American Insurgents" fighting for your family, friends, and neighbors......

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry, but this thread is bullshit. Since when have any of you online chickenhawks given a shit about what an IRAQI Sunni-insurgent sympathizer has had to say?

Who helped launch the insurgency? Who allowed them to time to regroup, demobilized the Iraqi Army, spending two-years getting American troops wasted while they had their delusional heads stuck up their ass? Yeah, the moronic banter of tough guys on the internet crying about people that oppose this war being 'traiters.' What the fuck ever dudes. Get off the internet and go fucking enlist if it's all so simple for you...

Yeah, it's all "Liberals" fault huh? Only, if "liberals" had actually been in charge, 2,200 less American servicemen, and at least 30,000 less Iraqis would be dead right now.

Or better yet, maybe you can help one of the throngs of returning homeless vets, with far more psychological problems than the average recent combat vets, due to their prolonged exposure to constant threat and danger because we have too few troops in the Army, and have to keep recycling the same people through ('cause remember, a reletive few should bear all of the burden, even if we as a society must pay the bill for the next 30-40 years :))

Or, how about the single mother in her late 40's that was called back to active duty from the IRR, had to sell her house and can't find anyone to care for her 14-year old son because both her parents are dead? Why don't one of you keyboard heroes ever give a shit about them. Better yet, why doesn't one of you take her place?

Yeah, words are empty, as is your rhetoric...

LoungeMachine
12-16-2005, 10:07 AM
....also who left the munitions unguarded, and allowed the "insurgents" to freely stockpile an endless supply of ied materials to blow our men up with???????

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
You know Cath, I have nothing but respect and admiration for you and Warham, even DD and BBB in here....

I know even with our differences, you guys are patriots who love our country.

That being said, I'm sick of having MY patriotism called into question by being called a "cut n run Liberal" and saying we side, or can be cuntfused with the "insurgents" THAT'S BULLSHIT.

1 - I love my country, and only want the best for ALL Americans, and don't want to see our military used for nation building or regime change when the target and it's people hold NO threat to our safety and well being

2- I don't know of anyone actually calling for "cut n run" .....immediate and full withdrawl....instead we think the Iraqis need to stand up FOR THEMSELVES BY NOW.

3- Have you ever put yourself in their shoes for a moment? Hypothetically speaking, CHINA has decided that the US has become a threat to the World, and Our leaders need to be taken out. Chinese soldiers now roam your street, pull your friends and neighbors out of their homes, and detain them without proof, trial, or due process. Are you actually telling me CATHEDRAL ISNT GOING TO TAKE UP ARMS AND FIGHT THE CHINESE SOLDIERS HE FEELS HAS NO BUSINESS IN HIS NEIGHBORHOOD, LET ALONE HIS COUNTRY????????

Something tells me YOU'D be one of the first "American Insurgents" fighting for your family, friends, and neighbors......

It's not bullshit at all, and you miss my point. I'm not saying you aren't a patriotic american, i didn't type that at all.
But what is bullshit is thinking that our political division within doesn't fuel the insurgency.
They fucking know that if we buckle politically they can win the war, and they can.
I know it sounds cliche', but United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

And your right, I would be among the first to die against the Chinese army should they come rumbling down my street.

And this idea that you can predict how different things would have been under Gore or Kerry....that's also bullshit, any number of things could have happened in that time frame, good or bad, and loss of life could have been much larger...woulda-coulda-shoulda, doesn't change the reality we currently face.

If i were to accuse you personally of anything, Lounge, it would be only that you underestimate the enemy and their motivations.
They're only chance at victory is if we withdrawl, and Nancy Pelosi said she wants an immediate withdrawl, Murtha called for the same, Dennis Kucinich also says that....so there are people saying that, and those people need to shut up because it isn't an option.

Cathedral
12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Get off the internet and go fucking enlist if it's all so simple for you...

You know what mother fucker, I did try to enlist and it wasn't my fucking fault they didn't take me, so shove that tired line right up your ass, i'm sick of seeing that comment coming from you.

I don't give a fuck what other people's history is on why they did or didn't serve, but to me that comment is fucking insulting.

I don't expect anything from a soldier that I wouldn't do my damned self, you be sure to keep that in mind in the future.

LOL, and for the record, i'm off the internet more than you are.

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 04:39 PM
It's not bullshit at all, and you miss my point. I'm not saying you aren't a patriotic american, i didn't type that at all.
But what is bullshit is thinking that our political division within doesn't fuel the insurgency.

The American occupation fuels the insurgency, as well as Sunni fears of being annihilated like any minority in a civil war, and the BUSH Administration's refusal to switch tactics...

The insurgents have always know we're going to leave. We always do, as did the British did in about 1920 after they created an artificial country combining three competing national tribes...

Nickdfresh
12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
You know what mother fucker, I did try to enlist and it wasn't my fucking fault they didn't take me, so shove that tired line right up your ass, i'm sick of seeing that comment coming from you.

Ooof. I wasn't specifically speaking of you CAT. But I also pretty sick of having my patriotism questioned, and of people telling me that I'm 'stabbing the troops in the back' or some shit like that...

I don't give a fuck what other people's history is on why they did or didn't serve, but to me that comment is fucking insulting.

How do you think MURTHA felt when some little mummy-bitch toady (who defeated a real Iraq WAR vet in OH) read some trumped up bullshit questioning an ex-MARINE Colonel's courage and devotion to the troops?

I don't expect anything from a soldier that I wouldn't do my damned self, you be sure to keep that in mind in the future.

I understand that. I believe that. I would never question your big heart man...

But it's pretty clear that there are not enough soldiers there. If there were, the insurgency would have been defeated, or at least controlled, by now. We can't just keep doing the same things, hoping that it will turn out better. The root causes of the insurgency must be addressed for any real "victory."

Look up power-sharing agreements in SOUTH AFRICA, EL SALVADOR, ANGOLA, SUDAN (well, not really there) and several other countries where ethnic groups or ideological factions waged prolonged wars, and now there is relative peace.

LOL, and for the record, i'm off the internet more than you are.

Yeah, but who isn't?

FORD
12-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Nancy Pelosi said she wants an immediate withdrawl, Murtha called for the same, Dennis Kucinich also says that....so there are people saying that, and those people need to shut up because it isn't an option.

You need to find some new sources of information, because yours are mostly incorrect. Dennis Kucinich has been opposed to the war from day one, and indeed he has been calling for troop withdrawals since 2003. But even his earliest suggestions never called for immediate withdrawal and not without steps taken to replace the troops with some sort of multinational peacekeeping force.

Murtha's plan is NOT for immediate withdrawal, nor is Pelosi's. A smart ass neocon congressman floated a phony resolution for "immediate withdrawal" which was about 2 sentences long. It only got three votes in favor of it, and I doubt those three read the stupid thing.

Murtha wants to move towards withdrawal because a) he knows how these useless occupational wars go, being a veteran of both Korea and Vietnam and b) is the guy who both the brass in the Pentagon and the troops in the field trust to work for them. There's probably nobody better qualified to speak out against this war than Murtha.

Now back to my intial assessment of this article as a BCE propaganda piece, I stand by that statement. There simply isn't any way in Hell that these "insurgents" are going to view the US in terms of "Democrats" and "Republicans". Only as "Fucking infidel invaders that I want out of my Allah damned country!"

Warham
12-17-2005, 12:01 AM
I'd like to know where the UN would find 100,000 peacekeeping troops...

LoungeMachine
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Warham
I'd like to know where the UN would find 100,000 peacekeeping troops...

Mexico?

;)

LoungeMachine
12-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

But I also pretty sick of having my patriotism questioned, and of people telling me that I'm 'stabbing the troops in the back' or some shit like that...

Me, too. :cool:

Seriously sick to death of it.

It's cheap, Coulter/O'Really bait.

Question my patriotism, or concern for our troops? FUCK YOU.

:mad:

BigBadBrian
12-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
The insurgents clearly still enjoy widespread support in Fallujah, but are mentioned only indirectly and always as the muqawama — “resistance” — rarely as “terrorists”. One youth, giving his name only as Firas, proclaimed their achievements. “Because of the resistance the Democratic Party in America has started calling to withdraw US troops from Iraq,” he said, smiling. “That’s what the resistance has achieved.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1934257,00.html

This is Fourth-Generation Warfare being played out almost to the exact T laid down by the guerilla forebears before them. If you can't beat a country militarily, and they can't, beat them politically. The only way we can lose this is in WASHINGTON....not in Iraq.

The only way we will lose this shooting match is if we lose our GUTS.

Don't give me any shit about serving....I already fucking did my time. It is my damn right as an American to express my views FOR this action just as much as you people do against it.

Read "A Sling and A Stone" if you want to understand this conflict a little further.

:gun:

Nickdfresh
12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
This is Fourth-Generation Warfare being played out almost to the exact T laid down by the guerilla forebears before them. If you can't beat a country militarily, and they can't, beat them politically. The only way we can lose this is in WASHINGTON....not in Iraq.

The only way we will lose this shooting match is if we lose our GUTS.

Don't give me any shit about serving....I already fucking did my time. It is my damn right as an American to express my views FOR this action just as much as you people do against it.

Read "A Sling and A Stone" if you want to understand this conflict a little further.

:gun:

Yeah right, doing the same things we've done for the last three years, that haven't worked and has left us in a stalemate where we cannot "defeat" the insurgents, not militarily; so we'll continue to do just more of the same, causing needless American deaths, and propping up one side of the civil war...

Fucking spare me:rolleyes: this quote is a plant BTW.;)

P.S.- Maybe BUSH and RUMMY should have read "A Sling and a Stone" before we went in?

DLR'sCock
12-17-2005, 07:33 PM
You Libs are murderers, killing US soldiers everyday.