PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Code: The Movie

diamondsgirl
12-16-2005, 10:53 PM
who here has read this? and what do you think of it becoming a movie?

will you see it?

bastardog
12-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I read it. I was hooked with the Templars theme for some months. I liked it exept that the end I thinkd was, like, forced. It only took like 4 pages to solved all that complexity.

I definetly will see it. In fact I'm waiting that move since the first day I started to read the book. But the idea of look Forrest Gump as Robert Langdon for me wasn't a good choice.
First he was suppose to be a guy that is in good shape by swimming some reps. every morning in an olimpic pool. And he doesn't look as a Harvard professor....for me...I will see the Forrest Gump the whole movie
Nicholas Cage will be a better choice.......but he was casted in National Threasuse.......even the guy on "The Fly" movie will be a better choice.

bueno bob
12-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I just bought the book for my wife's birthday, she's been pretty hot on reading it.

I'll go see the movie, maybe...I don't even know what the fuck it's about, honestly... :)

bastardog
12-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I just bought the book for my wife's birthday, she's been pretty hot on reading it.

I'll go see the movie, maybe...I don't even know what the fuck it's about, honestly... :)

If you try the book you will be hook too reading it for sure.

It give another story (or point of view) about Christianity. The thing is that the guy is just trying to resolve a murder case because was implicated and found out all of that.

Hardrock69
12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
It is a fictional murder mystery, with a heavy background in actual Christian history.

There is some stuff in the book that is supposedly "factual", but which actually is not, as we are talking 2,000 years of history with VERY sketchy documentation, and serious lack of proof. There is a lot of factual stuff in there as well, though.

Dan Brown IS a good author though, in that he gets you hooked...once I picked it up, I was done in a day, because I could not put the book down.

bastardog
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
If you have the opportunity read Angels & Demons.....this one has a more interesting ending. I even found it better....