PDA

View Full Version : Is Van Halen the last great debut album in rock?

Wayne L.
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
I think the debut album from Van Halen is one of the LAST great debut albums in rock because what came after them has been so damn lame from Motley Crue, Metallica & lots of others. When VH exploded on the scene way back in 78 with great solid tracks along with Dave's swaggering vocals & Eddie's guitar virtuosity there hasn't been nothing leke them since. Great important & influential debut albums in rock from the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith & KISS before them prove Van Halen is a once in a lifetime band.

ALinChainz
12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Guns n Roses, Appetite for Destruction wasn't a bad debut.

WARF
12-19-2005, 01:12 PM
The Darkness -Permission To Land
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
STP - Core

CROWBAR
12-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey waynerd! I was HUGE in the mid 80's! I hate to break that to ya
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/swapmeetlouie/post-23-1117149515.jpg
yer fren, Vince

(and where's your lyrics superstar?)

Dirty Duck
12-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I think the debut album from Van Halen is one of the LAST great debut albums in rock because what came after them has been so damn lame from Motley Crue, Metallica & lots of others. When VH exploded on the scene way back in 78 with great solid tracks along with Dave's swaggering vocals & Eddie's guitar virtuosity there hasn't been nothing leke them since. Great important & influential debut albums in rock from the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith & KISS before them prove Van Halen is a once in a lifetime band.

What's up WAYNE L! When Van Halen emerged in 1978 with their debut album it shocked the world. At the time DISCO was at it's height in popularity and I truly believe if that album was never released...the rock world would have never been the same. Do you realize how many people locked themselves in their rooms for hours just to learn Eddies licks? I truly believe that 1/2 the bands that came out after CLASSIC VH hit the charts wanted to be the NEXT Van Halen...no fucking doubt! To this day..I'm still waiting for a band to blow me away like they first did. Frontmen today are usually very boring...you know..vegetarians with their little bottle of poland spring up their at the mic. Fuck that. We need a band with balls...enough of this whiney...waa! Waa! shit. The truth is all we might have as brillance is in our music collections...know what im sayin? Rock on....

ppg960
12-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I would vote VHI as the greatest debut album of all time. It changed Rock forever in the best way.

bueno bob
12-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Is this thread for REAL?

Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:

WARF
12-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Vince Neil does one hell of a chicken dance!

ThrillsNSpills
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
If Wayne would start a best TV show open then My Three Sons would get the vote.

ThrillsNSpills
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.bbhq.com/gr0/my3sonsz.gif

Dave's Bitch
12-20-2005, 07:07 PM
appetite for destruction is the best debut album like ever

so no...

Unchainme
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
I'm PROUD I have had a passionate fetish for long, luscious legs & sexy, sensuous feet on beautiful women ever since I was around 12 years old way back in the mid 70's because there's more to a beautiful woman than just her nice tits & nice ass. There's nothing like caressing, kissing & loving a beautiful woman's long legs then taking of her high heels, pumps or mules slowly with anticipation of my wanting tongue on her sexy feet even though some of you will probably think I'm a sexual pervert looking for young, impressionable teenage girls, which I'm not. I have to admit I have my fantasies as in my favorite Fox News Channel newsbabes like Kiran Chetry, Laurie Dhue, Page Hopkins & Martha McCallum who set my heart on fire with their long legs & sexy feet when the camera gives a wide shot of them in their chairs along with my legs/feet fetish sites with the hot & sexy models I go to on the internet to satisfy me. I'm looking for that special lady around 25-42 years old at this moment living in Meckleburg or Union County, NC with a great personality who is emotionally, mentally & financially secure with long, luscious legs & sexy, sensous feet that I could love & admire forever because I'm a 40 year old white male who will satisfy you more than you will ever know if you're lucky enough to have me by your side.

http://classicvanhalen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2268&hl=

RWTD
12-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I think this is the 500th time that I have seen this thread. The sad thing is I'm not exaggerating. This looks like spam to me.

Unchainme
12-22-2005, 07:24 PM
You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Wayne L is coming to town
He's licking the feet
And sucking em twice

Wayne L is coming to town
He's peeping when you're sleeping
He jerks it till it aches