PDA

View Full Version : Talking Lennon Doll Coming

LoungeMachine
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Monday, December 19, 2005|14:20 IST

Legendary Beatle John Lennon will be honoured in the wake of his 25th anniversary with his own talking doll.

According to contactmusic.com, Lennon, who was shot outside his New York apartment December 8, 1980, will be replicated in a 46-centimetre action figure after his widow Yoko Ono sold the rights to his image to a toy manufacturer.

A spokesperson for the company says the doll would utter "authentic John Lennon phrases". The toy is to hit shops next year.

WILL IT INCLUDE " HEY YOKO, THANKS ALOT YOU BLODDY GREEDY CUNT"

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Any truth to the rumor the DLR doll will utter " Shut up buddy, or I'm gonna fuck your Barbie "

Anonymous
12-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Ooh, got to get me one of those. I haven't played with Barbies ever since I was 12.

Cheers! :bottle:

bueno bob
12-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Yuck...

ThrillsNSpills
12-19-2005, 10:28 PM
He could have had anyone.

Instead he told Mike Douglas he would perform if Yoyo got to shriek one. (guest hosts for a week)

Instant Karma IS gonna get you.
Gonna get you by the ears.
http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/yoko.JPG

DlocRoth
12-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
Ooh, got to get me one of those. I haven't played with Barbies ever since I was 12.

Yo Syl....

If you wanna play with a barbie, get a BARBIE...

Not a Johnny...

Creepy... ;)

Anonymous
12-21-2005, 07:28 PM
:lol:

I was referring to this passage of Lounger's second post:

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
" Shut up buddy, or I'm gonna fuck your Barbie "

Hence the "Ooh, got to get me one of those. I haven't played with Barbies ever since I was 12."

This is the verbal abuse I get for being too lazy to quote. :D :rofl:

Terry
12-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
He could have had anyone.

Instead he told Mike Douglas he would perform if Yoyo got to shriek one. (guest hosts for a week)

Instant Karma IS gonna get you.
Gonna get you by the ears.
http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/yoko.JPG

Yep. Never, ever got what Lennon saw in Yoko, who was a non-talent groupie if ever there was one. That might shock those who bought all the hype that she was some avant-garde artiste, but Ono loved the fame Lennon brought her as much as she loved Lennon himself.

Can't say I'm too disturbed about the doll thing, though. The Beatles were merchandised more than KISS was, for fucks sake.