PDA

View Full Version : Damn....this sucks...

Hardrock69
12-20-2005, 01:04 AM
For all I know it could affect me someday in a distant and roundabout way........

What a perfect idea....

Infernal revenooers....
:rolleyes:

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=strange&id=20051219/43a63e50_3ca6_1552620051219-312340419

Monday, December 19, 2005

HARTSVILLE, Tenn. - Investigators described a marijuana-growing operation discovered inside a cave in Trousdale County as something out of a James Bond movie.

"It's pretty amazing what they had under there - water for irrigation, special lighting, devices to keep the humidity just right. These guys were professionals. They knew what they were doing," said District Attorney General Tommy Thompson of Hartsville.

The cave was beneath a stylish A-frame home where authorities say three men were able to grow as much as 100 pounds of marijuana every eight weeks.

"They could grow in 60 days what it would take four and a half months to grow outside," Thompson said. "It's just unbelievable what they've done. It's like something out of a James Bond movie."

Arrested on Wednesday were Brian Gibson and Greg Compton, while a third man, Fred Strunk, was arrested near Gainesville, Fla.

All three are in jail, with Gibson and Compton being held in the Trousdale County Jail. Bail was set for Gibson and Compton at $5 million, while Strunk's was set at $15 million, Thompson said. Local authorities were in Florida on Saturday to return Strunk to Tennessee.

The investigation began about five years ago when a home was built above the cave, but it never appeared anyone lived there, Thompson said.

"The front of the cave used to be a hole that you'd crawl into, and it opened up into a pretty big room that was 20-feet high. They cut the side of the hill so you could just drive right into the cave," he said.

The cave, reached from the house via secret entrances, is said to be about two miles long, but the marijuana operation was located about 100 yards inside. Thompson said the other end of the cave had been blocked to keep trespassers out.

According to the prosecutor, the men told locals they were going to be mining statuary rock.

To harvest the illegal crop, Thompson said the men would hire a half-dozen Hispanic workers in Arizona and drive them to Tennessee. For part of the journey the windows on the van would be covered so the workers did not know where they were.

"They would drive right into the cave and let them out to begin working," Thompson said.

ashstralia
12-20-2005, 02:36 AM
fuck! wonder what they did with the $$$?

fuckhowardstern
12-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Drug laws in most states are ridiculous! $15 million dollar bail. Fucking travesty of justice. I doubt the judge who set the bail even considered the risk of flight and the ties the defendants had to the community (like they are supposed to) in setting that high of a bail for growing a damn plant. The war against drugs is nothing more than revenue enhancement for state and federal government.

Hardrock69
12-20-2005, 11:34 AM
No shit.

I bet that same jusdge would set bail for a murderer at $5,000.

:rolleyes:

fuckhowardstern
12-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Insane!

jhale667
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Bail amounts in the MILLIONS?!?!? Give me a frickin' break. Such Hypocrisy.

bfm
12-20-2005, 04:01 PM
crazy.
same thing happened in NZ latly, found 2 factorys joined by a underground tunnel with a street value of 2 million of mary jane.

I am 100% positive that it will affect me :)

NATEDOG001976
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Pothead's crack me up.

fuckhowardstern
12-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Personally, I don't smoke it anymore and it has been quite a while. I don't even drink. Can you say the same hockey stud?

bfm
12-20-2005, 10:22 PM
i cant...

fuckhowardstern
12-20-2005, 11:10 PM
lol! neither could i when i was 19....so long ago it hurts!

Hardrock69
12-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I have actually had alcohol about half a dozen times in the past year.

I almost never drink.

I do not smoke tobacco.

I do not "abuse" pot.

But I use it for sure.

I do not have any addictions. Never have.

Makes it easy to stop and start smoking weed again if I want to.

fuckhowardstern
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Fucking nicotine has me by the BALLS! Filthy disgusting habit that shows weakness of character. I will occasionally partake - but nowhere near like it used to be - less than 4 or 5 times a year...concerts and shit.....but I don't think there is anything wrong with it - aside from the damage it does to your lungs and the fact that it can get you in severe trouble like our friends in TN.

Jimmy Jingles
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I have actually had alcohol about half a dozen times in the past year.

I almost never drink.

I do not smoke tobacco.

I do not "abuse" pot.

But I use it for sure.

I do not have any addictions. Never have.

Makes it easy to stop and start smoking weed again if I want to.

That about sums it up for me as well.

Me and the Wifey light up an occasional fatty, but that’s about it.