PDA

View Full Version : God sees embryos as full and complete humans - Pope

ELVIS
12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Dec 28, 2005 (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-12-28T130846Z_01_KRA847296_RTRUKOC_0_UK-POPE-EMBRYOS.xml&archived=False)

http://www.illinoisfamily.org/content/img/f24872/Pope%20Benedict%20XVI.jpg

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - God sees embryos as "full and complete" humans, Pope Benedict said on Wednesday in an address that firmly underlined the Roman Catholic Church's stance against abortion and scientific research on embryos.

"The loving eyes of God look on the human being, considered full and complete at its beginning," Benedict said in his weekly address to the faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square.

Quoting Psalm 139, Benedict said the Bible teaches that God already recognises the embryo as a complete human. That view is the basis for the Church teaching that aborting or manipulating these embryos amounts to murder.

In Psalm 139, the psalmist says to God: "Thou didst see my limbs unformed in the womb, and in thy book they are all recorded."

"It is extremely powerful, the idea in this psalm, that in this 'unformed' embryo God already sees the whole future," Benedict said.

"In the Lord's book of life, the days that this creature will live and will fill with works during his time on earth are already written."

Benedict has already weighed into an Italian debate on abortion ahead of a general election in April, publicly supporting a pro-life group that right-wing Health Minister Francesco Storace wants to have access to counselling centres advising women seeking to terminate pregnancy.

The Pontiff also raised the theme in his Christmas Eve mass on Saturday, saying the love of God shines on each child, "even on those still unborn".

As well as being against abortion in all cases, the Church opposes stem-cell research which extracts useful cells from unused embryos left over from fertility treatments.

The United States Congress is debating whether to expand federal funding for this kind of research, which scientists say could provide cures to many debilitating diseases.

:elvis:

kentuckyklira
12-28-2005, 05:36 PM
An old man who doesnīt know what his dick is good for and believes a troublemaker who got himself nailed to a tree 2000 years ago was the son of god isnīt telling me how to lead any aspect of my life!

Nickdfresh
12-28-2005, 05:43 PM
And ELVIS only sees them as human if they're white, Christen Americans...:)

kentuckyklira
12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And ELVIS only sees them as human if they're white, Christen Americans...:) Explains a lot!

ELVIS
12-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Christen ??

kentuckyklira
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Christen ?? He can go confess the typo, then itīll be as if it never happened.

Worked for Adolf Eichman too, although that was a bit more than a typo!

jhale667
12-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
He can go confess the typo, then itīll be as if it never happened.

Worked for Adolf Eichman too, although that was a bit more than a typo!

Wow...he's the papal equivalent of Robert C. Byrd..."No, I USED TO BE a scumbag....I'm different now!" Much like Byrd, I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I love how Christianity's answer for something they can't possibly PROVE is always "God knows all, sees all"...:rolleyes:

blueturk
12-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Sure, Elvis. If the leader of a church that is famous for shuffling child molesters around so they can molest even more children says it, it must be so. Remember Bernard Law? Or am I giving you too much credit?

Unchainme
12-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmmmmm, According to the Bible the minute we are out of the womb we are introduced into sin and it is only by accepting Jesus that we are saved.So techinically according to Christianity they are not humans until they are auctually out of the Womb. Now That being said I am very mixed on this issue.

jhale667
12-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Hmmmmmm, According to the Bible the minute we are out of the womb we are introduced into sin and it is only by accepting Jesus that we are saved.So techinically according to Christianity they are not humans until they are auctually out of the Womb. Now That being said I am very mixed on this issue.

He's got a point there....:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Christen ??

Means they're phoney Christians, like somebody we know.:)

ELVIS
12-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Sure, Elvis. If the leader of a church that is famous for shuffling child molesters around so they can molest even more children says it, it must be so. Remember Bernard Law? Or am I giving you too much credit?

Just because I post an article, doesn't mean I support it...

LoungeMachine
12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I have a simple, yet serious question for ALL Christians who support the anti-abortion stance.....

The Catholic Church, as well as other of your organizations are worth literally BILLIONS, if not Trillions......

IF, as the Pope suggests, each fetus is a sacred human life, why not devote a large portion of your great wealth to the care, raising, and education of said fetuses????????????

ELVIS?

Care to comment?

jhale667
12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I have a simple, yet serious question for ALL Christians who support the anti-abortion stance.....

The Catholic Church, as well as other of your organizations are worth literally BILLIONS, if not Trillions......

IF, as the Pope suggests, each fetus is a sacred human life, why not devote a large portion of your great wealth to the care, raising, and education of said fetuses????????????

ELVIS?

Care to comment?

I've asked that same question. It frustrates me that the anti-abortionists are all against terminating an unwanted pregnancy, yet they couldn't give a shit (it seems) once said unwanted child is brought into the world....how many kids are there RIGHT NOW in foster homes wishing someone gave a shit...?

:(

LoungeMachine
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
So true, jhale....

Answer?

More Muff Thread !!!!!!!!!!!

jhale667
12-28-2005, 10:18 PM
So true, jhale....

Answer?

More Muff Thread !!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm on it. :D

LoungeMachine
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
...I'm on it. :D

You are my personal Jesus.....:D :cool: :hitch:

DLR'sCock
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I will say again and again, if you want less abortion, go out and adopt children. ADOPT ADOPT ADOPT.

It is logical that if more and more people did adopt, then the numbers of abortions would decrease because more people would have faith in a system that would have their unwanted child adopted instead of being left in a system of foster house to foster house. Chances are that if they did decide to keep the child to full term for the purpose of adoption, they may even decide to keep the child.

Instead of bitching, take action.

If you are ANTI-CHOICE go out and adopt.

kentuckyklira
12-29-2005, 05:15 AM

ELVIS?

Care to comment? But then there wouldnīt be enough cash left to pay for the flashy robes and for people like the idiots that showed up at my door today asking to talk about the Bible with me.

ELVIS
12-29-2005, 05:17 AM
You think those people are paid to come to your door ??

kentuckyklira
12-29-2005, 05:51 AM
You think those people are paid to come to your door ?? I donīt believe they get a salary for it. But even people doing "missionary" work have to eat and drink and, considering the temperature outside, have some form of shelter. All thatīs not for free. And all those Bibles cost money too!

Strange, Iīm still waiting for the first non-christian to ring my doorbell and offer to talk about his religion unexpected and uninvited!

ELVIS
12-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Those people do that work 100% free and most of them tithe 10% or more of their income...

ELVIS
12-29-2005, 06:53 AM

Strange, Iīm still waiting for the first non-christian to ring my doorbell and offer to talk about his religion unexpected and uninvited!

That's an idiotic statement...

The bible teaches people to spread the Good News...

kentuckyklira
12-29-2005, 08:59 AM
That's an idiotic statement...

The bible teaches people to spread the Good News... It also teaches to show the other cheek.

In Austria, thereīs a law against missionaries showing up uninvited. I wish we had one too.

BTW, the Bible also says you should sacrifice the occasional sheep. When was your last ritual sacrifice?

ELVIS
12-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Sacrifice the occasional sheep, eh ??

I must have missed that part...:rolleyes:

You make yourself look like a real idiot...

kentuckyklira
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Sacrifice the occasional sheep, eh ??

I must have missed that part...:rolleyes:

You make yourself look like a real idiot... Old testament, Leviticus I believe!

The Law of Peace Offerings
1'Now if his offering is a (A)sacrifice of peace offerings, if he is going to offer out of the herd, whether male or female, he shall offer it (B)without defect before the LORD.

2'(C)He shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (D)slay it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood around on the altar.

3'From the sacrifice of the peace offerings he shall present an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

4and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove with the kidneys.

5'Then (E)Aaron's sons shall offer it up in smoke on the altar (F)on the burnt offering, which is on the wood that is on the fire; (G)it is an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD.

6'But if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD is from the flock, he shall offer it, male or female, (H)without defect.

7'If he is going to offer (I)a lamb for his offering, then he shall offer it (J)before the LORD,

8and (K)he shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (L)slay it before the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons shall (M)sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

9'From the (N)sacrifice of peace offerings he shall bring as an offering by fire to the LORD, its fat, the entire fat tail which he shall remove close to the backbone, and the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

10and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (O)with the kidneys.

11'Then the priest shall offer it up in smoke (P)on the altar as (Q)food, an offering by fire to the LORD.

12'Moreover, if his offering is (R)a goat, then he shall offer it before the LORD,

13and he shall lay his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of meeting, and the sons of Aaron shall sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

14'From it he shall present his offering as an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

15and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (S)with the kidneys.

16'The priest shall offer them up in smoke on the altar as food, an offering by fire for a soothing aroma; (T)all fat is the LORD'S.

17'It is a (U)perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall not eat any fat (V)or any blood.'"

stilleddiesangel
12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
There is such a simple argument to this..

I am pro having the fucking simplest of brain cells to go and get a packet of condoms before shagging rather than relying on the getting-rid-after method!!!

Birth control... it's not rocket science.. and in a lot of countries, it's free for fucks sake!!!

scamper
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
There is such a simple argument to this..

I am pro having the fucking simplest of brain cells to go and get a packet of condoms before shagging rather than relying on the getting-rid-after method!!!

Birth control... it's not rocket science.. and in a lot of countries, it's free for fucks sake!!!

Exactly, take precautions.

Abortion should be legal just because of the fact that most of the people that are getting them wouldn't care for a child anyway, and it is probably better to end it before the child goes through the physical and mental abuse that is likely to happen. Make no mistake though when you do it you are killing a baby and if you can live with that so be it. By the way I am not a Christian or a Christian hater, it seems irresponsible to mock someone elses beliefs.

FORD
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Old testament, Leviticus I believe!

1'Now if his offering is a (A)sacrifice of peace offerings, if he is going to offer out of the herd, whether male or female, he shall offer it (B)without defect before the LORD.

2'(C)He shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (D)slay it at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood around on the altar.

3'From the sacrifice of the peace offerings he shall present an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

4and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove with the kidneys.

5'Then (E)Aaron's sons shall offer it up in smoke on the altar (F)on the burnt offering, which is on the wood that is on the fire; (G)it is an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD.

6'But if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD is from the flock, he shall offer it, male or female, (H)without defect.

7'If he is going to offer (I)a lamb for his offering, then he shall offer it (J)before the LORD,

8and (K)he shall lay his hand on the head of his offering and (L)slay it before the tent of meeting, and Aaron's sons shall (M)sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

9'From the (N)sacrifice of peace offerings he shall bring as an offering by fire to the LORD, its fat, the entire fat tail which he shall remove close to the backbone, and the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

10and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (O)with the kidneys.

11'Then the priest shall offer it up in smoke (P)on the altar as (Q)food, an offering by fire to the LORD.

12'Moreover, if his offering is (R)a goat, then he shall offer it before the LORD,

13and he shall lay his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of meeting, and the sons of Aaron shall sprinkle its blood around on the altar.

14'From it he shall present his offering as an offering by fire to the LORD, the fat that covers the entrails and all the fat that is on the entrails,

15and the two kidneys with the fat that is on them, which is on the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he shall remove (S)with the kidneys.

16'The priest shall offer them up in smoke on the altar as food, an offering by fire for a soothing aroma; (T)all fat is the LORD'S.

17'It is a (U)perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall not eat any fat (V)or any blood.'"

He's got you there, Elvis. After all, the religious reich claims that Leviticus is still the law.

So I guess you better go over to Links and find a sheep ;)

Nickdfresh
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Pretty soon, sperm and unfertilized eggs will be "sacred" too...

Guitar Shark
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Pretty soon, sperm and unfertilized eggs will be "sacred" too...

"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate"

:D

Hardrock69
12-29-2005, 01:59 PM
1. THe Pope is no better at figuring out what God Thinks than anyone else.

2. Christians going door to door are spreading BAD News. It is only "good" news if they successfully sign someone up to become a productive revenue stream for their particular church.

They are not out wandering around giving out Bibles in the hopes of getting nothing in return, nor are they doing so to convert people whom they will never hear from again.

The sole purpose of spreading the Bad News is to increase profit for the Church.

They are Sales Representatives, nothing more.
:cool:

scamper
12-29-2005, 01:59 PM
sperm and unfertilized eggs

isn't that the atkins diet

jhale667
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great
If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate"

LMAO:D

m_dixon1984
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I was waiting for my chance to post this, thanks nick...:

"Every Sperm Is Sacred", Lyrics by Michael Palin and Terry Jones.

There are Jews in the world, there are Buddists,
There are Hindus and Mormons and then
There are those that follow Mohammad, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six footer,
You don't have to have a great brain,
You don't have to have any clothes on,
You're a Catholic the moment Dad came, because

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs,
On the dusty ground,
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

Every sperm is wanted,
Every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed,
In your neighborhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Morman,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed,
In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is useful,
Every sperm is fine,
God needs everybody's,
Mine, and mine, and mine.

Let the pagans spill theirs,
O'er mountain, hill and plain.
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed,
In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

M

bastardog
12-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Old testament, Leviticus I believe!

Man, did you know that Christianity have another book that is THE NEW TESTAMENT in wich that laws was surpassed?.

I belive in free of speech....but saying things without even known a little is idiotic.

Also those that go door by door are non-Catholics and aren't all of non-Catholics.....just some specific Christian religions.

Warham
12-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
1. THe Pope is no better at figuring out what God Thinks than anyone else.

2. Christians going door to door are spreading BAD News. It is only "good" news if they successfully sign someone up to become a productive revenue stream for their particular church.

They are not out wandering around giving out Bibles in the hopes of getting nothing in return, nor are they doing so to convert people whom they will never hear from again.

The sole purpose of spreading the Bad News is to increase profit for the Church.

They are Sales Representatives, nothing more.
:cool:

I think you are confusing Christians with Jehovah's Witnesses, rock.

jhale667
12-29-2005, 02:42 PM
It's usually Jehovah's Witness-types going door-to-door in Sherman Oaks...I've gotten really good at slamming the door in their faces ;)...why the @*@& do they always show up at 9AM on a Saturday?!?!?!

bastardog
12-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I think you are confusing Christians with Jehovah's Witnesses, rock.

I didn't wanted to mention their name but now that you mentioned.....those are the door by door religion sellers.

They (I think) belive in Christian method but not as all other Christianic religions. For them Christ isn't God and insist to call God Jehova instead of Yavé. For me they aren't even Christians but they say they are

jhale667
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
They apparently can't read my "GO AWAY" welcome mat, either....

Nickdfresh
12-29-2005, 03:28 PM
"Every Sperm Is Sacred" (http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/mol/every-sp.mp3), Lyrics by Michael Palin and Terry Jones.

Uhuhuhuhuh!

LoungeMachine
12-29-2005, 03:29 PM
They apparently can't read my "GO AWAY" welcome mat, either....

Simply hand them printed copies of The Muff Thread next time...

They'll never darken your door again.

bastardog
12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
You can allways use dark lyrics metal (like Marilyn Manson) music very high to scare them

jhale667
12-29-2005, 04:21 PM

They'll never darken your door again.

LOL :D I should just set up a monitor over my front door and have it running as a continuous slideshow.... only problem with THAT would be my perv-ass mailman would never leave...

and bastardog, I'm usually not cranking death-metal at 9AM...;)

kentuckyklira
12-29-2005, 06:19 PM

They'll never darken your door again. Next time Iīll show them my receipt for my donation to

www.churchofeuthanasia.org

bastardog
12-30-2005, 01:49 PM
and bastardog, I'm usually not cranking death-metal at 9AM...;)

There is allways a begining

jhale667
12-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Not so much into my metal being THAT heavy...;) But the real question is, how does Cookie monster manage to sing for SOOO many bands? :D

FORD
12-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Not so much into my metal being THAT heavy...;) But the real question is, how does Cookie monster manage to sing for SOOO many bands? :D http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=810458

"S" is for Satan
He's evil enough for meeeeeee.......

jhale667
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FORD
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=810458

"S" is for Satan
He's evil enough for meeeeeee.......

"Satan, Satan, Satan start with SSSSSSSSS"

LMMFAO! :D

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
He's got you there, Elvis. After all, the religious reich claims that Leviticus is still the law.

So I guess you better go over to Links and find a sheep ;)

Ford, don't make me put you in your place when it comes to Biblical Truth... You claim to understand and yet fall so short in the comprehension column!!
We who read all of the Word of God understand that ritualistic sacrifices of sheep are no longer required after the sacrifice of the ultimate Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. Do you need me to post scripture proving this, or are you just trying to pick on your "own" kind?

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

The reason you are so mixed on the issue is simply due to a lack of knowledge of the Word. Please take the time to research them FULLY by reading each and every scripture associated with a subject before trying to make a case of "Confusion" being a reaccuring theme in the Bible.

Let's take your statement above for instance... according to the Bible, we are born into a sin nature- true enough. However, no where does it suggest that we are not a human until we are exposed to the sin nature. If you understand it differently, then please help me out here.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand about the following quote from the pope:

In Psalm 139, the psalmist says to God: "Thou didst see my limbs unformed in the womb, and in thy book they are all recorded."

"It is extremely powerful, the idea in this psalm, that in this 'unformed' embryo God already sees the whole future," Benedict said.

"In the Lord's book of life, the days that this creature will live and will fill with works during his time on earth are already written."

Not that I am a proponent of the Pope, I'm Penticostle (enough said), but I do however agree with his assessment of life and when a human is considered a human.

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 04:25 PM

ELVIS?

Care to comment?

I actually couldn't agree with you more! We [The Church] needs to re-contract with ourselves to take care of the sick and elderly, to include orphans, as we have historically done so in years past. The amount of money that some church's have acquired is sometimes for the wrong reasons... there will always be human error involved in all walks of life. That said, I think that those of us in a congregation need to be more involved with holding our leadership of our church accountable to doing these things that they are commanded to do in the Bible!

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I've asked that same question. It frustrates me that the anti-abortionists are all against terminating an unwanted pregnancy, yet they couldn't give a shit (it seems) once said unwanted child is brought into the world....how many kids are there RIGHT NOW in foster homes wishing someone gave a shit...?

:(

Views such as yours are exactly why Christians need to do a better job of living our life as Role Models and practicing what we preach rather than spending exorbitant amounts of time Bitching about issues.
Instead of complaining, actually doing something to make a difference speaks volumes (Actions speak louder than words).
My wife and I have agreed to adopt two children after we have had two of our own (#1 is due next week). We are going to practice what we preach... Period.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Practice more, preach less, and thy shall be heard much more loudly...

kentuckyklira
01-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
Ford, don't make me put you in your place when it comes to Biblical Truth... You claim to understand and yet fall so short in the comprehension column!!
We who read all of the Word of God understand that ritualistic sacrifices of sheep are no longer required after the sacrifice of the ultimate Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. Do you need me to post scripture proving this, or are you just trying to pick on your "own" kind? Well, then how come when it comes to justifying capital punishment, christians are well prepared to use the OT?

Or concerning the evolution debate?

Either the OT is outdated or not, you canīt always have the best of both worlds!

Jerry Falwell
01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, then how come when it comes to justifying capital punishment, christians are well prepared to use the OT?

Or concerning the evolution debate?

Either the OT is outdated or not, you canīt always have the best of both worlds!

First off, Christ said that he did not come to abolish the law, but to uphold and fulfill it... The law that he spoke of was the fulfillment of a Messiah that would give his blood for all of the sins of the world--- Therefore, negating the ritualistic lamb sacrificing. Also, using the 10 commandments as law was no longer the way to acquire entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven; rather the only way to get into Heaven is now to confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and ask for his forgiveness of your sins. The 10 commandments are a great guide though, since they lay a great foundation for making life much easier on you in the long run.

I can make a great case for capitol punishment and even show in the Bible where Christ would have supported it if there was one without sin present, however I have already hit on this in another thread in this forum. I'd rather not type it all again, give me a sec and I'll post the address to it if you are truly interested in knowing the truth.

As for evolution, I take the Bible at face value... What it says is what I believe. I believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth. I don't know HOW He created them, I just know that He did. If anyone tells you that they know exactly how He did it, then I would be suspicious and test them. Only God (Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, God the Father) and the Angels experience Creation. Unless you have spoken to one of them directly, I doubt you know squat on the matter. :D

My opinion is that the OT is not in the least bit 'outdated', but rather misread or twisted to support views on both sides of the isle. This is why I take it at face value... it's the only way to ensure that I am not trying to warp it to fit MY AGENDA. I know that I understand the parts that are important and people like you give me the drive to understand the rest of it as time permits.

Updated: Capitol Punishmet Question Addressed Here (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30427&perpage=30&pagenumber=5)

Jerry Falwell
01-03-2006, 08:08 PM
It also teaches to show the other cheek.

By the way, for those of you who feel that Jesus Christ was all about Peace, Love, and Fluffy stuff... Eat your heart out on the following Biblical Passage (Christ came to divide, not to unite... don't take my word for it though)

Luke 12:49-53 (English Standard Version)

49 “I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! 50 I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! 51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. 52 For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Jerry Falwell
01-03-2006, 08:09 PM
I'll stop the Biblical Banter now :D.
Especially since soooooo many people here are extremely receptive to it! ;)

Seshmeister
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Superstitious illogical twaddle.

kentuckyklira
01-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
By the way, for those of you who feel that Jesus Christ was all about Peace, Love, and Fluffy stuff... Eat your heart out on the following Biblical Passage (Christ came to divide, not to unite... don't take my word for it though)

Luke 12:49-53 (English Standard Version)

49 “I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled! 50 I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished! 51 Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. 52 For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” So, Jesus Christ was a major asshole!

I should have known.

BigBadBrian
01-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Superstitious illogical twaddle.

Hey, that's what I think when I read your posts!

What a coincidence,, huh? ;)

:gulp:

kentuckyklira
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Hey, that's what I think when I read your posts!

What a coincidence,, huh? ;)

:gulp: Thatīs probably what you "think" whenever you read anything above Mickey Mouse!