PDA

View Full Version : Babysitter Charged With getting Toddler Drunk

LoungeMachine
12-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Babysitter charged after toddler found drunk

December 29 2005 at 09:19AM

Patchogue, New York - A 37-year-old man has been charged with two counts of endangering a child's welfare after one of two toddlers he was baby-sitting was found drunk, officials said.

Juan Reyes was arraigned Wednesday in First District Court in Central Islip and ordered held on $5 000 bail. He was scheduled to return to court on January 3.

Reyes was arrested Tuesday by two sheriff's deputies who had gone to get information on a family court order of protection, the Suffolk County Sheriff's office said in a news release.

The deputies saw through a window that Reyes was unconscious and two small children were wandering around, the news release said. They managed to rouse Reyes and determined he was the only adult at home and was baby-sitting the two children, aged 2 and 3, according to the release.

Authorities said the deputies noticed the 2-year-old was having difficulty standing, had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and was lethargic. At the time, the children's parents were at Brookhaven Hospital, where the mother was giving birth.

The toddler also was taken to the hospital, where tests revealed he was legally intoxicated with a blood alcohol content of 0.094, the sheriff's office said. The second child was taken into the custody of Child Protective Services.

The Suffolk County District Attorney's office said Reyes was being represented by the Legal Aid Society. Calls to the society went unanswered Wednesday evening. - Sapa-AP

Alex Mogilny
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
haha Patchogue, NY...what a dump!

Mr. Vengeance
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Funny...When I was a kid, my youngest sister was a booze guzzler. My mom would have a glass of sherry, and often leave it on the table and go attend to something. My sister, who was maybe 3 at the time, would grab the glass and down the thing before she could get back. It used to happen quite often...I suppose these days my mom would be charged with endangement or some bullshit.

Funny, we all grew up okay...

jhale667
12-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Funny...When I was a kid, my youngest sister was a booze guzzler. My mom would have a glass of sherry, and often leave it on the table and go attend to something. My sister, who was maybe 3 at the time, would grab the glass and down the thing before she could get back. It used to happen quite often...I suppose these days my mom would be charged with endangement or some bullshit.

Funny, we all grew up okay...

Same here...my parent's generations remedy for teething pain was bourbon shots....:D

Dan
12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
WTF?

jhale667
12-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Dan
WTF?

Not multiples! They'd just take a shot and rub it on the kid's gums...must've been in the days before Ambisol, or whatever that crap's called...:p

I don't think that's what the guy in the story did, however...if you're doing shots with a 2-year old, you SERIOUSLY need to find some new friends....

NATEDOG001976
12-31-2005, 09:04 AM
What a dumb ass!

jero
01-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
Same here...my parent's generations remedy for teething pain was bourbon shots....:D

Still have teeth left? :D

jhale667
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by jero
Still have teeth left? :D

All present and accounted for.:D

WARF
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
So did they arrest Jan Van Halen?

mako_kimura
02-15-2006, 11:43 PM
What the fuck? What kind of dueche bag does that to a kid?