PDA

View Full Version : Who wussed out the most?

Lou
04-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I don't know, it's really a tossup between Sting and Van Hagar. Well at least Sting will play Police stuff occasionally whereas Van Hagar won't be playing Roth songs with Roth singing, so I'll have to go with Van Hagar.

PHOENIX
04-02-2004, 05:13 PM
STINK wussed out the most.:D

Satan
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Gotta vote for AeroShit over Van Hagar, because at least Sammy & Eddie wrote their own cheese. AeroShit used the same corporate whores who write for Michael Bolton and Celine Dion.

Lou
04-02-2004, 10:09 PM
I agree with that 100%.

However there's also this angle: The original band is still on tour, and they are still playing the '70s rockers. I saw them last August and they played "Adam's Apple," "Nobody's Fault," "Same Old Song and Dance," "Sweet Emotion," "Dream On," "Mama Kin," "Walk This Way," "Toys In The Attic."

The same cannot be said for Van Hagar.

Sarge
04-03-2004, 03:37 AM
Aerosmith is a joke..
But they are great live
Too bad all their music has turned to Pop shit lately

Lou
04-03-2004, 03:42 AM
The blues album is an improvement, at least they're doing straight covers of real songs and not getting Swedish pop-writers in there to write them.

"Just Push Play" was of Van Halen III proportions though. I can't listen to anything they've done Permanent Vacation on unless it's live. But again, at least they haven't abandoned their REAL music in concert like Van Hagar has. That's why Van Hagar gets the nod here. How can they STILL play those horrible ballads in 2004?

PHOENIX
04-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
Aerosmith is a joke..
But they are great live
Too bad all their music has turned to Pop shit lately

I saw them live and they blew me away.

FORD
04-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Un-Honorable mention for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers since drummer Stan Lynch got canned.

They still rock live, but most of the studio output has been exceedingly slow and boring. Great songwriting, just unspirited performance.

The chemistry of Tom & Stan was volatile, kinda like Dave & Eddie. Go figure....

Lou
04-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Damn I forgot Eric Clapton on this list. He's gotta be up there.

flappo
04-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I saw them live and they blew me away. ..yeah , but that was after the show

PHOENIX
04-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by flappo
..yeah , but that was after the show

Who told you this?:D

Golden AWe
04-04-2004, 12:04 PM
They all seem to wuss out after they stop doing drugs and have families...I'd go for RHCP, they used to be the tighest funk rock band around, now they're predictable and lame pop...they lack the suprise element

Diva Lee Roth
04-04-2004, 08:31 PM
That is a tough one...you're right ,it's a toss-up (of cookies) between Sting and Van Midler...I have to vote for Van Midler because...it was the worst turn a band ever took..:(

GAR
04-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Nothing beats the wuss factor for Extreme Wussness quite like a new Sting album:

Pocket protector.. Wuss factor of 1
Volkswagen of any kind.. Wuss factor of 2
Mullet haircut (especially a MexiMullet™).. Wuss factor of 3

Sammy Hagar.. wuss factor of 4

Sting.. wuss factor of 5, beating Sammy Hagar but by one increment IMO

Wayne L.
04-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Aerosmith....I think Permanent Vacation, Pump & Get A Grip are great rock albums during their so called comeback era.

Lou
04-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Nothing beats the wuss factor for Extreme Wussness quite like a new Sting album:

Pocket protector.. Wuss factor of 1
Volkswagen of any kind.. Wuss factor of 2
Mullet haircut (especially a MexiMullet™).. Wuss factor of 3

Sammy Hagar.. wuss factor of 4

Sting.. wuss factor of 5, beating Sammy Hagar but by one increment IMO

LOL

Susie Q
04-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
STINK wussed out the most.:D

ROTFLMAO!! :D