PDA

View Full Version : US to attack Iran

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 03:41 PM
'US planning strike against Iran'
By JPOST.COM STAFF

The United States government reportedly began coordinating with NATO its plans for a possible military attack against Iran.

The German newspaper Der Tagesspiegel collected various reports from the German media indicating that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization are examining the prospects of such a strike.

According to the report, CIA Director Porter Goss, in his last visit to Turkey on December 12, requested Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide military bases to the United States in 2006 from where they would be able to launch an assault.

The German news agency DDP also noted that countries neighboring Iran, such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman, and Pakistan were also updated regarding the supposed plan. American sources sent to those countries apparently mentioned an aerial attack as a possibility, but did not provide a time frame for the operation.

Although Der Spiegel could not say that these plans were concrete, they did note that according to a January 2005 New Yorker report American forces had entered Iran in 2005 in order to mark possible targets for an aerial assault.

Link Here (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull&cid=1135696369601)

Dr. Love
01-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Sweet :cool:

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Here's another article on this issue:

WND NUCLEAR WAR-FEAR
Reports: U.S. preparing
military strike on Iran
German press speculates dispatch of officials
to Turkey, Pakistan meant to prepare allies
Posted: December 31, 2005
5:25 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

While the U.S. has always refused to take the military option off the table in dealing with Iran, the German press is reporting new developments that indicate the U.S. has gone from acknowledging the possibility of action against Tehran's suspected clandestine nuclear weapons program to preparing its allies for a strike.

According to Der Spiegel, the German daily, reports of a pending strike escalated following Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's recent statements that Israel should be wiped off the face of the map and his calls for Israelis to be relocated to Europe.

On Dec. 23, a journalist for the German news agency DDP, who is also an intelligence expert, cited "western security sources" in a report claiming CIA Director Porter Goss asked Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to provide full intelligence cooperation and exchange for a possible air strike on Iran's nuclear and military facilities.

Goss reportedly provided Turkey with three dossiers at the Dec. 12 meeting containing evidence Tehran is cooperating with the Islamic terror network al-Qaida, as well as information about the current status of Iran's weapons program. German security sources, it is reported, say Goss assured Erdogan Turkey would be alerted to any air strikes, should they occur, a few hours before they were launched. Goss also gave the Turkish government the "green light" to strike the separatist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Iran if the U.S. proceeds.

The governments of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman and Pakistan were also informed in recent weeks that air strikes are a "possible option," but no timeline was provided

Ahmadinejad's anti-Semitic speeches and claim the Holocaust is a "myth," it is speculated, have cemented the view in Washington that Iran would not back down in a nuclear showdown and Tehran is simply trying to buy time by continuing its talks with the Europeans.

"I would be very surprised if the Americans, in the mid-term, didn't take advantage of the opportunity delivered by Tehran," said a high-ranking German military official. "The Americans have to attack Iran before the country can develop nuclear weapons. After that would be too late."

In the January 2005 New Yorker, journalist Seymour Hersh reported that clandestine American commando groups were already on the ground in Iran, marking likely targets – a report the Bush administration attempted to play down as containing inaccurate statements but did not dispute.

In recent weeks, the number of visits to Ankara by American and NATO security officials has increased significantly. The head of the FBI, NATO General Secretary Jaap De Hoop Scheffer and U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have made stops in the Turkish capital.

Joining the speculation in the German press, the left-nationalist Turkish newspaper Cumhuriyet, though unable to discover the substance of their talks, noted the unusually long meeting Goss and Erdogan held with, "Now it's Iran's turn."

As reported by WorldNetDaily, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has ordered his defense forces to plan for a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear weapons facilities by the end of March – the time intelligence sources say Tehran will be able to begin producing nuclear weapons.

Link Here (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48142)

Nickdfresh
01-01-2006, 07:25 PM
What reaction can we expect? Probably elite Iranian Revolutionary Guards units coming across the border to directly kill American troops in Iraq. Um, have you guys noticed we're currently tied down in a guerrilla war with an undermanned military?

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
What reaction can we expect? Probably elite Iranian Revolutionary Guards units coming across the border to directly kill American troops in Iraq. Um, have you guys noticed we're currently tied down in a guerrilla war with an undermanned military?

Yeah, I think this is probably the reaction that Iran will have... so what happens next?

Nickdfresh
01-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
Yeah, I think this is probably the reaction that Iran will have... so what happens next?

A draft? Hey, I'm not against hitting the Iranians necessarily, but they are no push overs. They've a large, experienced military. And they know our modus operandi since we trained them prior to the SHAH's fall...

And if we're so against nukes in the middle east, then why do we cover for ISRAEL all the time? And I don't want to hear any of this irrational, superstitious rapture bullshit either...

Jerry Falwell
01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
A draft? Hey, I'm not against hitting the Iranians necessarily, but they are no push overs. They've a large, experienced military. And they know our modus operandi since we trained them prior to the SHAH's fall...

And if we're so against nukes in the middle east, then why do we cover for ISRAEL all the time? And I don't want to hear any of this irrational, superstitious rapture bullshit either...

For reasons unknown to me, our gov't feels like Israel is a strategic ally that we Must have in order to survive.
I personally think that we as a country are called on by God to keep watch over Israel. Whether you believe in the Bible and events that will take place as listed in it or not, politicians on both sides are not willing to call out Israel for any reason. And in fairness to Israel, they have not displayed any sort of irrational actions with these weapons--- unlike other countries that surround them. I feel sorry for Israel. One little country that is surrounded by a bunch of Nut-case countries that want them dead. If Canada and Mexico took the same political stance with us that the countries that surround Israel take, then we wouldn't near as patient as Israel has been!